Is this a nutrient deficiency?

• Thread starter JayMan9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JayMan9

JayMan9

I have 3 plants that I have treated the same but one has some yellow on the tips of the leaves. Any advice is appreciated.
Is this a nutrient deficiency 2

Ace9137

Ace9137

It looks like nutrient burn, it could be a deficiency also, the only reason I think it is burn is that the tips are affected. If the yellow spreads up and in the leaf it is a deficiency, if it stays at the tips and and browns more up the leaf it is nute burn, I know all this as I have experienced it, and it can get bad.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It looks like nutrient burn, it could be a deficiency also, the only reason I think it is burn is that the tips are affected. If the yellow spreads up and in the leaf it is a deficiency, if it stays at the tips and and browns more up the leaf it is nute burn, I know all this as I have experienced it, and it can get bad.
The dark green of affected leaves initially with no clawing and the scorching of both the tip and leaf edges with this showing on a few leaves not most scream potassium deficiency. If there was some clawing and it was just the leaf tips with it affecting more leaves I would agree with you.

C

cronny

C

cronny

C

cronny

Deficiencies do not burn leaf tips.
That would be nutrient burn. Most likely too much nitrogen.
[/QUOTE
It is ph issues in the soil From being in too small of a pot for the size of the plant Causing a rise in the ph of the soil which will lock out nutrients and show up as deficiencies.

C

cronny

The dark green of affected leaves initially with no clawing and the scorching of both the tip and leaf edges with this showing on a few leaves not most scream potassium deficiency. If there was some clawing and it was just the leaf tips with it affecting more leaves I would agree with you.

You are both wrong, this is a very common issue I only see in rootbound veg plants and late stage flowering plants, it's a combination of both a burn and a deficiency caused by certain nutrients being locked out of either the soil, or the nutrient solution before watering, it is a deficiency late in flower during the flush but is accompany with a nitrogen deficiency which will happen way before the other deficiencies. If it happens in large vegging plants it is because of a ph problem in the soil caused by over feeding without enough flushing. The only way to fix the ph problem is to repot into a bigger pot with new soil and give plain water for 2 weeks.

C

cronny

Jesus. This guy.
Trust me I am right.
Never trust someone that tells you your plant has a deficiency without an explanation of why.
Yes it is a potassium deficiency but that can't be solved with feeding more nutrients. I could go on and on

C

cronny

Never trust a guy who will have to tell you to trust them.
Guarentee I am one of the best people on here to trust. I have nothing but good advice from years of experience. Ask me anything and I will have a solution

Ace9137

Ace9137

Wow I'm sorry, that's gotta drain a man
I am sure you are knowledgeable, there are some people on here that do real well, there are some that don't even know what they are doing and they are doing well.

BigCube

BigCube

Yeah I'm just going to put him on ignore now...

Just joins forum. Starts post with "you're wrong" then proceeds to spout nonsense not saying anything that hasn't already been said. Says he's one of the most trustworthy people despite not knowing anyone. And that he knows everything. Just trust him....

Nope. Ignored. No time for people like that.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Trust me I am right.
Never trust someone that tells you your plant has a deficiency without an explanation of why.
Yes it is a potassium deficiency but that can't be solved with feeding more nutrients. I could go on and on
I Never said the cause. I asked if he was feeding added amounts of calcium that can lock out K. No answer yet. My next concern would be sodium built causing nutrient lockout. The reason I didn't give an explanation was because I don't have enough info to say exactly what the cause is. But I'm leaning towards high calcium first because with a lockout you would likely see other deficiencies.

It's potassium deficiency and there can be more than one reason for it. Sodium buildup, high calcium, ph, root health, low oxygen and the list goes on.

So to jump to an immediate diagnosis claiming you know it all and trust you is well just idiotic imo

Latest posts

Top Bottom