Is this a possible Potassium deficiency or light issue?

• Thread starter Paul63
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Paul63

Paul63

Hi - this is my first grow and my plants are 10 days into flowering and one branch on one plant has a couple of funny colored leaves - when I look at those leaf charts it looks like the start of a potassium issue. I may also be a light issue since I just lowered it a tad - they are under a SF 4000 with 40000-55000 Lux at canopy right now according to meter I have - this particular branch is around 50k

They are in an organic soil mix and I just started adding a little bit of (1 tsp/gal) tiger bloom buds & blooms) +some cal mag that I have always been using with ph adjusted to ~6.3-6.5. Any suggestions? Thanks

Is this a possible potassium deficiency or light  issue
Is this a possible potassium deficiency or light  issue 2
Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

Looking it cud be p deficiency. Or light stress.but don't worry it can be fixed.. Aquaman. Or gnick but name a few that give good info and help.. Looking good happy growing m8 n hope the peeps on here help ya out

Moshmen

Moshmen

Plants look pretty green (start of nitro tox?) what soil u using ? Do you water to run off ?
id back that light up just a bit and work up

y cal mag? I don’t see a need - let get some more opinions bump this thread

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
in the photo of the whole grow i zoomed up and looked over them, there is a lot of twisty leaves, some ripped? etc..
i think you better check for pest first..

Paul63

Paul63

Plants look pretty green (start of nitro tox?) what soil u using ? Do you water to run off ?

[/QUOTE

tbey have been that dark green for a few months. The soil is something I mixed up last fall - prolix, compost, EWC, perlite with bone/blood/kelp/alfalfa/bat shit/mineral dust additives. I water to runoff every other watering (been watering every other day for past week) and the ppm reading is very high. I did move the light up 2 inches yesterday.

Paul63

Paul63

in the photo of the whole grow i zoomed up and looked over them, there is a lot of twisty leaves, some ripped? etc..
i think you better check for pest first..
No pests other than some of those damn gnats. I was told the leaf damage was probably caused by me man handling them while moving branches around in the mesh.

Paul63

Paul63

I started adding a little cal mag (1/2 tsp/gal) a while ago per a suggestion from someone in response to some symptoms at that time on one plant - Mg deficiency.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
No pests other than some of those damn gnats. I was told the leaf damage was probably caused by me man handling them while moving branches around in the mesh.
the problem with gnats is not really the gnat itself it’s the larvee!

Paul63

Paul63

the problem with gnats is not really the gnat itself it’s the larvee!
Yup I add a bit of H2 peroxide to water to get those and safe soap/stickies to get the winged ones before they can lay more eggs - it was a pain in the ass but I eventually won.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yup I add a bit of H2 peroxide to water to get those and safe soap/stickies to get the winged ones before they can lay more eggs - it was a pain in the ass but I eventually won.
ok i forget if your in soil or soilless but i bet the h2o2 threw off your ph or ph buffers and killed some or all of your micro/macro organisms in the soil, but all should return to normal..
some of your leaves have a “bump”, twisty, uneven., though without showing real deficiencies..
there’s no real true answer for it, people think ph, genetics., etc..

Paul63

Paul63

ok i forget if your in soil or soilless but i bet the h2o2 threw off your ph or ph buffers and killed some or all of your micro/macro organisms in the soil, but all should return to normal..
some of your leaves have a “bump”, twisty, uneven., though without showing real deficiencies..
there’s no real true answer for it, people think ph, genetics., etc..
The plant was doing fine until I switched rooms and thats when some of the leaves started to taco and twist pretty bad - I figured it was the different light because after a week it started recovering - and only one plant did it. This discoloration just appeared about 1.5 weeks after the tacoing stopped and I was dicking around with the light height. Oh well - no more leaves have exhibited it in a few days. I do adjust the ph after adding the h2 peroxide - it only slightly lowers the ph and I don’t saturate entire pot with it. Thanks

HarryHood

HarryHood

i'm using the sf4000 in a 4x4x6.5 and i let it get way too close early in flower. it was hanging around 14 inches above canopy for a couple days before i noticed light stress. won't make that mistake again as i'm back to manufacturer's suggested height.

Top Bottom