Is This A Preflower Or A Third Branch Of Growth Starting!? Anybody Know??? [macro Pix]

• Thread starter SpartanGreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Male, Female, Hermaphrodite, peculiar spot for new growth, or too early to tell?

• Male

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Female

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Hermaphrodite

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New growth in unusual spot

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Too early to tell

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
SpartanGreen

SpartanGreen

Hey all, hope everybody is having a great summer.

I've encountered something rather unusual, which has me stumped.
Just wanted to ask y'all at the farm if you could tell what is happening here?

I thought they were preflowers, but some seem like new leaves, or something?
These are three different plants from Divine Genetics.

Really vigorous plants, so I'm hoping that they're not showing any male or herm trait/preflowers.
I'm especially confused because of the fact that there are already two shoots and two fan leaves, not sure what else could be growing in the spot where the preflowers usually show themselves so I thought maybe one of you on here might know or have had a similar experience.
Is this a preflower or a third branch of growth starting anybody know macro pix
Is this a preflower or a third branch of growth starting anybody know macro pix 2
Is this a preflower or a third branch of growth starting anybody know macro pix 3

Last edited:
SpartanGreen

SpartanGreen

The small weird lookin new leaf shoots aren't actually where they're supposed to be on those random few.

It already has two big fan leafs and two branches. I didn't top or fim. It definitely isn't normal for new leaf growth coming out of there. But, I'm pretty sure it's not a big deal. At least I hope.

SpartanGreen

SpartanGreen

I'm relaxed. Lol thanks though. Just find it odd that there are three shoots out of one node and the rest of the plant's nodes are all putting out the normal two.

Interesting. Maybe I'll get extra bud. Haha.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I have had leaf growth come out where the pistil should be. No biggie!

organicpanic

organicpanic

Sure looks like male pre flowers to me. Ive seen many that look like a new branch starting. just my op. Could be branches but I doubt it. Good pics btw.

SpartanGreen

SpartanGreen

One node above those nodes, (on all three plants) theres a calyx with pistils so I know they're females. But those leaf growths are peculiar, no sex organs though. And thanks, I used a usb microscope for those pictures.

Dunge

Dunge

More importantly, how did you take those pics?
These are the best close up shots I think I have ever seen outside scanning electron.
Can't be that because I see green.

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
The right side in the first pic appears to be a new fan leaf because it appears to have multiple leaflets. Since it's been 4 days now since the first picture it should be more obvious by now.

Cannabis physiology

"Undifferentiated Vegetative Growth" aka a new shoot. Ime more common with males. The one in the first pic seems male, the one in second could be female (if it is it should show the stigmas by now, the two little white hairs). Third shows undifferentiated vegetative growth only (bottom side of a new leaf to be specific), no preflowers.

Female preflower is a single bract (sort of leaf) rolled up ending up with a single pointy tip*.
Pistil

While a male preflower consists of 5 segments that open like a typical flower. Those segments are not always of equal length especially when the flower is very small, like in a preflower, which give it a small claw/hook at the top, like the "staminate primordia" in the first pic above, and the balls in the photo below:
Staminate

*Everything else is usually male but I tend to wait for stigmas (what most call pistils) or the lack there of. If you use a scope (like one for checking trichs) the stigmas can be seen very early. They will be glassy/transparent at first (when they are like 2 mm long). The shape of a preflower can be misleading but if you got preflowers that don't grow stigmas within a matter of days it's definitely not female.

jamk911

jamk911

I have had leaf growth come out where the pistil should be. No biggie!
Omg is this what I have..
This plants got all fem growth..pistils
And theres even a pistil looking thing on this on the bottom there the white part.. anyone know what this is?
20200726 210403

ParisOG

ParisOG

I have the same branching going on, not sure what’s going on in that last pic, almost looks like a cluster of nanners. As for the odd branching, I’ve seen it plenty, particularly with plants that are happy early in veg, I typically get about 75% males from them, and if I have plants with regular growth they get selection for flower ahead of these because I’ve also seen a good 5-10% of them herm

43E37496 36C7 4122 8609 C63BA375A721
1DA27221 36F2 48A0 B024 88411E2667A6
rsouth420

rsouth420

ive got 2 plants showing the same thing there suppose to be ethos feminized so really hope there not males

Top Bottom