Is this a sign of deficiency? I haven't fed these girls since sprout, maybe the soil is running out.

• Thread starter GrandmaGanja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

Potted in coast of Maine purple bag just about 2 months ago, haven't fed them at all. They are going outside in about 2 weeks into hopefully some nutrient rich soil.

They're going along now nicely, but there is some discoloration in the veins (which may or may not be normal, I'm not sure). I'm curious if this is a sign of nute deficiency (it's certainly not nute burn!) and if so, what type? I'm not sure right now the PH, but I'll know on Wednesday when I'm with them. I do know that our water (tap, but it is filtered) runs a little high around 8.5ph. Are they find for the next few weeks before I put them outside? Is there something I should do to make it so they spend these last two weeks getting really strong for the outdoors?

Is this a sign of deficiency i havent fed these girls since sprout maybe the soil is running o
Is this a sign of deficiency i havent fed these girls since sprout maybe the soil is running
HangNeal

HangNeal

It's your PH. Must be kept at the 6-7.5 range, ideally just under 7. Your tap water needs to betreated with a ph balancer before wayering. 8.5 will cause these and many more problems

Ponky

Ponky

PH that water down to a reasonable level. 6.4 or so for soil. Double check. About 1 ml per gallon to start. Measure PH. You want to PH the water and agitate it with an air pump or power head. And then let it sit for several hours. Then check the PH again. Then the water is ready to use.

Top Bottom