Is this an issue? Please let me know

• Thread starter jnrg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jnrg

jnrg

I went out yesterday to check up on my first few plants that i've grown outside. There's few white patches and today there seemed to be blueish patches? I'm really confused and don't know if this is an issued/an issue i can fix. I'll attach a few pictures, I'm not using and nutrients because im using a rich soil.
Please let me know if there's anything wrong and anyways i can fix it thank you.
Is this an issue please let me know
Is this an issue please let me know 2
Is this an issue please let me know 3
Is this an issue please let me know 4

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I went out yesterday to check up on my first few plants that i've grown outside. There's few white patches and today there seemed to be blueish patches? I'm really confused and don't know if this is an issued/an issue i can fix. I'll attach a few pictures, I'm not using and nutrients because im using a rich soil.
Please let me know if there's anything wrong and anyways i can fix it thank you.View attachment 880150View attachment 880151View attachment 880152View attachment 880153
your running hot on soil,but in the one pic you can see a straight line of white dots,bet you got some critters trying to take hold,check under the leaves,are those final pots?what mix did you make by the way?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It looks like bugs to me too, although there might be the beginnings of a nutrient imbalance... it's sometimes hard to tell the difference until it has advanced. The little tiny dots look somewhat like mite bites, so you might want to investigate a way to get rid of them.

jnrg

jnrg

your running hot on soil,but in the one pic you can see a straight line of white dots,bet you got some critters trying to take hold,check under the leaves,are those final pots?what mix did you make by the way?
Can't remember the soil but its got a mix of perlite and some sort of bricky stone.

jnrg

jnrg

It looks like bugs to me too, although there might be the beginnings of a nutrient imbalance... it's sometimes hard to tell the difference until it has advanced. The little tiny dots look somewhat like mite bites, so you might want to investigate a way to get rid of them.
I'll have a look

jnrg

jnrg

UPDATE: i'm going to buy an insecticide spray, i've washed the plant with cold water as-well, just trying everything to cover every possible problem it could be. My most likely problem is spider mites.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
UPDATE: i'm going to buy an insecticide spray, i've washed the plant with cold water as-well, just trying everything to cover every possible problem it could be. My most likely problem is spider mites.
They are a bastard to get rid of, especially if you are in flowering. I have used flea foggers for fogging the whole grow, as the Pyrethin based insecticide is organic, made from crushed flowers, and degrades fairly quickly into harmless products. Be cautious of some of the homemade recipes that include pepper extracts and garlic. The pepper residue can cause some major issues if it is inhaled, and the garlic flavor seems to stick around for a long time. Good Luck!!

jnrg

jnrg

They are a bastard to get rid of, especially if you are in flowering. I have used flea foggers for fogging the whole grow, as the Pyrethin based insecticide is organic, made from crushed flowers, and degrades fairly quickly into harmless products. Be cautious of some of the homemade recipes that include pepper extracts and garlic. The pepper residue can cause some major issues if it is inhaled, and the garlic flavor seems to stick around for a long time. Good Luck!!
Ah the pyrethin was what i was looking at online, was tempted to use some home remedies but wasn't going to risk ballsing anything up

jnrg

jnrg

Another question, i'm stuck between the choice of a Pyrethin spray, believe it to be called Dokter doom or something, Or another spray called CANNACURE which forms a stickly layer(which get the mites stuck) around the leaf while still allowing the plant to breath,

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I used a pyrethrin fogger, which treats the entire plant as I always missed a few areas with a regular spray. A lot of growers use Neem oil and recipes full of peppers and stuff. I've tried most home brew recipes and ended up with Italian flavored buds and a nasty case of lung inflammation from the capsaicin left over from the habanero pepper application. I think a regular pyrethrin based product will work much better than a homemade mite spray, of course the size of your plants have a lot to do with it. If it's a foot tall, treatment is easy. If it's 7 ft tall and one of several plants, it gets more complicated, hence the fogger. I try to not use anything during flowering if possible.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Another question, i'm stuck between the choice of a Pyrethin spray, believe it to be called Dokter doom or something, Or another spray called CANNACURE which forms a stickly layer(which get the mites stuck) around the leaf while still allowing the plant to breath,
The Pyrethrin fogger worked better than a product called Dr Dead bug, or something similar (but it wasn't dr Doom or Dr Death!). It had Spinosad , pardon spelling, in it and degraded very quickly, almost overnight. I didn't have as much success with it, but I had a lot of vegetative mass to treat and the Spinosad is recommended to sprat tops and bottoms of everything, something I couldn't accomplish with any degree of certainty. Both of them combined worked very well. I had a very light infestation and they still caused a lot of damage... most of it wasn't apparent until a few weeks after the damage was already done. Here is one of the leaves that showed it's damage weeks after the little bastards were battled.

20190613 122724
jnrg

jnrg

The Pyrethrin fogger worked better than a product called Dr Dead bug, or something similar (but it wasn't dr Doom or Dr Death!). It had Spinosad , pardon spelling, in it and degraded very quickly, almost overnight. I didn't have as much success with it, but I had a lot of vegetative mass to treat and the Spinosad is recommended to sprat tops and bottoms of everything, something I couldn't accomplish with any degree of certainty. Both of them combined worked very well. I had a very light infestation and they still caused a lot of damage... most of it wasn't apparent until a few weeks after the damage was already done. Here is one of the leaves that showed it's damage weeks after the little bastards were battled.
My Problem is that im working outside, my plants aren't in an enclosed space for me to fog, ive bought the CannaCure but my plants are still quite health so i'll have enough time to fix it before it gets worse, when i got back from work today noticed a 1inch caterpillar decided my plant was going to be its breakfast :(

jnrg

jnrg

That's tough man i'm quite new to growing and my first one wasn't very successful, because at the time i didn't have the right equipment and only yielded 3.6g and harvest it too early, i'm just trying to do everything i can to keep mine healthy so i haven't just wasted the money i spent on the seeds.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
My best outdoor grow was about like you described, which is why I went indoors. I didn't have the location or the know how at the time, I basically found the sunniest spot I could find in the woods and planted it into the forest dirt without really doing anything to it. My results weren't stellar! If you are outdoors in full sun, there isn't any reason that you can't grow a redwood, although time is running out for veg growth. A pyrethrin based fogger spray will help with your bugs if you get them badly, although I haven't heard of many outdoor grows that were badly damaged like I have seen spider mites do inside. Maybe I'm just not as aware. You learned a lot from your previous attempts and I'm sure that your crop will turn out much better this time, now that you are more on top of soil prep, lighting, and bug control. Stay on top of things and you will do great, I'm sure!

jnrg

jnrg

My best outdoor grow was about like you described, which is why I went indoors. I didn't have the location or the know how at the time, I basically found the sunniest spot I could find in the woods and planted it into the forest dirt without really doing anything to it. My results weren't stellar! If you are outdoors in full sun, there isn't any reason that you can't grow a redwood, although time is running out for veg growth. A pyrethrin based fogger spray will help with your bugs if you get them badly, although I haven't heard of many outdoor grows that were badly damaged like I have seen spider mites do inside. Maybe I'm just not as aware. You learned a lot from your previous attempts and I'm sure that your crop will turn out much better this time, now that you are more on top of soil prep, lighting, and bug control. Stay on top of things and you will do great, I'm sure!
Yeah, i've been planning to bring them inside once i've got my tent and new light for flower just incase they plants don't have enough time in veg, although they should go into flower in the end of august which i believe is enough time for these genetics. I'm currently trying 2 photoperiod plants inside, aswell as a autoflower, and the same outside, all of the grows i've done inside i haven't experienced any pests other than one moth. I've been using the CannaCure spray aswell as washing the plants down with water and misting them, seems like there hasn't been any more damage than there already was. Growth hasn't slowed down at all, still thriving and doing 30x better than the plants inside.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Yeah, i've been planning to bring them inside once i've got my tent and new light for flower just incase they plants don't have enough time in veg, although they should go into flower in the end of august which i believe is enough time for these genetics. I'm currently trying 2 photoperiod plants inside, aswell as a autoflower, and the same outside, all of the grows i've done inside i haven't experienced any pests other than one moth. I've been using the CannaCure spray aswell as washing the plants down with water and misting them, seems like there hasn't been any more damage than there already was. Growth hasn't slowed down at all, still thriving and doing 30x better than the plants inside.
Bringing outdoor plants inside, particularly being already bug infested might not be the best idea? Would start treating those asap!

jnrg

jnrg

Bringing outdoor plants inside, particularly being already bug infested might not be the best idea? Would start treating those asap!
I've been spraying CannaCure onto them, there barley infested anyway i did a check on them with a microscope, the CannaCure is doing everything it claimed to do, its got fungus gnats that have got stuck in the layer its created

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I've been spraying CannaCure onto them, there barley infested anyway i did a check on them with a microscope, the CannaCure is doing everything it claimed to do, its got fungus gnats that have got stuck in the layer its created
Regardless it's not best practice; best of luck

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I have to agree with @Beachwalker about bringing plants in from outside. When outside, it seem that any bug issues aren't too bad and it seems that natural predators helps to keep infestations in check somewhat. When inside, the destructive pests go wild, even if you don't see them. White Flies are often a problem on plants brought inside during flowering. They don't seem to do much other than to fly around a little, but the honeydew they produce/cause makes for a poor burning bud with lots of black ash... same with Spider Mites. You are doing well by treating them and preventing issues, but when they are brought inside, be prepared for hitchhikers! Good Luck and keep up the good work!

jnrg

jnrg

I have to agree with @Beachwalker about bringing plants in from outside. When outside, it seem that any bug issues aren't too bad and it seems that natural predators helps to keep infestations in check somewhat. When inside, the destructive pests go wild, even if you don't see them. White Flies are often a problem on plants brought inside during flowering. They don't seem to do much other than to fly around a little, but the honeydew they produce/cause makes for a poor burning bud with lots of black ash... same with Spider Mites. You are doing well by treating them and preventing issues, but when they are brought inside, be prepared for hitchhikers! Good Luck and keep up the good work!
Ill keep them outside them thanks for the advice

Top Bottom