Is this bud rot?

• Thread starter thefarmersdaughter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

thefarmersdaughter

Outdoor purple paralyzer autoflower at week 10. Noticed the lower buds started looking blackish/purple this week.
20220923_175919.jpg

Is this bud rot 2
Is this bud rot 3
Is this bud rot 4
Is this bud rot 5
Last edited:
sambapati

sambapati

Outdoor purple paralyzer autoflower at week 10. Noticed the lower buds started looking blackish/purple this week.
View attachment 1285202
You know that could be natural coloration for that particular strain. Best way is take one of the buds and split it open, if it is grey inside then you have a problem, get rid of those buds, bury them in a sack. #2 Get a covering and keep your plant from getting rained on, also gives you more control. Autoflowers are notorious for being finicky so there is that factor. Good luck and some other folks can chime in...

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
I don’t think this is rot but it’s worth cracking one in the middle to check. But, it looks like the bugs and pests look to be having the time of their life with your plants. I’d try and get that under control soon, as you’ll be having even more issues coming up. Best of luck with everything!!

sambapati

sambapati

I don’t think this is rot but it’s worth cracking one in the middle to check. But, it looks like the bugs and pests look to be having the time of their life with your plants. I’d try and get that under control soon, as you’ll be having even more issues coming up. Best of luck with everything!!
Used ProCrop 1 for the first time this grow and never saw a bug after that...

T

thefarmersdaughter

You know that could be natural coloration for that particular strain. Best way is take one of the buds and split it open, if it is grey inside then you have a problem, get rid of those buds, bury them in a sack. #2 Get a covering and keep your plant from getting rained on, also gives you more control. Autoflowers are notorious for being finicky so there is that factor. Good luck and some other folks can chime in...
Thank you for your informed response. Much appreciated 🙏

T

thefarmersdaughter

Agreed. Looks like textbook anthocyanin production due to cold or other stress. Or, in this case, genetics.

But it does look pretty unhappy otherwise, so I'd be on the lookout for browns/greys and fuzziness.
Thank you for your informed response 🙏

Top Bottom