Is this discoloration happening too early?

• Thread starter Mugwort
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mugwort

Mugwort

The little white hairs on my new buds are turning brown. A friend says this is too early. It has been 18 days since I flipped lighting to 12-12.
Is this discoloration happening too early

Jakecan

Jakecan

yea check your temps for sure as well as distance from light. My plant finished up two weeks earlier than it was supposed to and didn't bulk up because it was so hot this summer. there was a week where I couldn't get the temp below 30 Celsius... after that week my pistols started to turn orange and didn't bulk up much more :/ Still yielded 1.5oz off of her tho :)

Mugwort

Mugwort

Lights and temps? RH?
Temp....75-82
RH........40-50%
lighting..two ViparSpectra xs-2000 lights centered 22-24” above canopy. Unsure is ppfd is within acceptable parameters. Manual for one light recommends 18-22”

Tent size 4’x4’

Given optimal conditions...is the discoloration a bad sign this early into flower (18 days since flip)? I am very careful to not overfeed. Blooming agents only (dosing per bottle instructions every other day with water only on days in between) now with no high N ferts and Cal-Mag plus once-twice/week.
1193ACD2 E526 4BF9 AD58 0F4928F58B23
3C0ABA8E 44B6 4151 A1CE 47F25F286EC6

Jakecan

Jakecan

Don't wanna spook you but check and make sure it's not a hermie. I've read that when they start to do that early it can be an indication that they have been pollinated.

Mugwort

Mugwort

Don't wanna spook you but check and make sure it's not a hermie. I've read that when they start to do that early it can be an indication that they have been pollinated.
Appreciate the input...hope not!

TSD

TSD

Yes. Mine were pollinated by a neighbor's male and that does indeed turn the hairs prematurely because the plant starts putting its attention towards the seeds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom