Is this done?

• Thread starter redog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

redog

Found more brown hairs this morning.
Am I looking for amber,cloudy,clear in the hairs/pistils or
does this color description mean the color of the clear stuff on the leaves?

Is this done
Is this done 2
Is this done 3
Is this done 4
Is this done 5
Is this done 6
Is this done 7
F

FastForward

You're looking for the trichromes - i.e. the crystals. Under a scope they'll be either clear, cloudy or amber in various proportions. Ideally you want some amber, but if there's still a lot of clears, you'll need to wait....

Check the FAQ for harvesting times, or DJS guide posted by TK.

Dr.stickerdick

Dr.stickerdick

DITTOS, FF, nubees tend to think when reading about tricombs that we're speaking of the pussy hairs. Yes, please read the grow FAQs. That should take several days to read it all. I see so many peeps come on these forums start asking questions and it's obvious they spent NO time reading before inquiring. There is a wealth of knowlege and information, not to mention -Inspiration - if they would first read just a little bit. Redog that girl is looking good probably 2wk maybe 3wks left. good work . Peace

S

SeenTheLight

I go more on the swelling of the calyx's and the pistol hairs than the trichs

Different

Different

Not ready, but those pink pistils are gorgeous. What genetics?

THECALI.KID

THECALI.KID

What genetics do u have their my friend happy grow The Cali. Kid

R

Rolln J

nice work - you have come this far - be patient grasshopper :)

I agree with all the other posters - your not there yet and depending on your medium your gonna want to flush them girls for 7-14 days before you harvest.

R

redog

Hey now

Some of you are assuming I haven't been reading here.
I've been absorbed since I joined.It's so much reading, i'm swimming in info and it doesn't always make sense.Most of the time I have to associate with actually doing and if i've never done it before then I ask questions.
A fair amount of time my questions never get answered here.
Also. if you go to the FAQ section almost all the photos are missing.
Here's a question that's been bothering me.
If you plant in fresh soil/mix, why do you have to add nutes to the water?
Especially if you buy some hi tech soil like ocean forest or pro mix.
These plants are in Miracle Grow Potting mix and most of the time just get water.If I put 5 ml/1 gal h20 of PBP in, I get nute burn.
Genetics unknown.

I wouldn't know what "swelling of the calyx's" is either.

Different

Different

The foxfarm soil's you mentioned will provide nutrients for the first few weeks, but then the soil will be depleted of the nutrients because the plants have used them all. That is why additional fetilizer is needed. Also, if something is working for you stick with it. Your plant looks great, so what you are doing is working.

M

muxee

I can only speak for what I look for when I'm getting ready to harvest so you can take what you want from this..... I wait for the pistols "hairs" to turn brown and shrink into the bud, then I wait for the second round of pistols to brown and shrink into the bud. There will only be a fraction of the first flowering pistols but you'll see them when they come in. When the second round of pistols is browning I look at the trichombs "clear mushroom shaped crystals glasses on the leaves and buds" When they are still inmature they look like empty glasses. When they are reaching maturity it looks like someone filled up the glasses with milk. When they are ready to harvest ---for me---I like the trichombs to look 70% "milk" filled and 30 amber "strong dark tea colored"

Hope this helps. Happy gardening :cool0044:

S

Silica

Calyx's = where the seeds would sit in the bud if it wasnt sinsimilla (seedless) and where the hairs come out of.
They swell near ripening.
You might want to take small cuts at diff times or cut the top buds off and let the lower branches ripen a bit longer aswell and see what you like best.
Early harvest often = racier, daytime smoke
late harvest often = heavier hitting more couchlock
But this differs depending on strain and ratio of sativa /indica.
Theres different types of tric's aswell, i think three diff types...It'd be good to have a pic
explaining it in the faq...ill see if i have one deep in my computer somewhere.

S

Silica

Bulbous:
The bulbous type is the smallest (15-30 micron). From one to four cells make up the "foot" and "stalk," and one to four cells make up the "head" of the gland. Head cells secrete a resin - presumably cannabinoids, and related compounds which accumulate between the head cells and the cuticle. When the gland matures, a nipple-like protrusion may form on the membrane from the pressure of the accumulating resin. The bulbous glands are found scattered about the surfaces of the above-ground plant parts.

Capitate-Sessile:
The second type of gland is much larger & is more numerous than the bulbous glands. They are called capitate, which means having a globular-shaped head. On immature plants, the heads lie flush, appearing not to have a stalk and are called capitate sessile. They actually have a stalk that is one cell high, although it may not be visible beneath the globular head. The head is composed of usually eight, but up to 16 cells, that form a convex rosette. These cells secrete cannabinoids, and related compounds which accumulate between the rosette and it's outer membrane. This gives it a spherical shape. The gland measures from 25 to 100 micron across.

Capitate-Stalked:
Cannabinoids are most abundant in the capitate-stalked gland which consists of a tier of secretory disc cells subtending a large non-cellular secretory cavity. During flowering the capitate glands that appear on the newly formed plant parts take on a third form. Some of the glands are raised to a height of 150 to 500 micron when their stalks elongate. These capitate-stalked glands appear during flowering and form their densest cover on the female flower bracts. They are also highly concentrated on the small leaves that accompany the flowers. The male flowers have stalked glands on the sepals, but they are smaller and less concentrated than on the female bracts. Male flowers form a row of very large capitate glands along the opposite sides of anthers.

P

Panthercham

No, not ready. I'd say at least 3 more weeks. Has some more swelling and ripening to do.

L

luckyscorpio

you're looking for the trichromes - i.e. The crystals. Under a scope they'll be either clear, cloudy or amber in various proportions. Ideally you want some amber, but if there's still a lot of clears, you'll need to wait....

Check the faq for harvesting times, or djs guide posted by tk.
just wait until they are amber.......patience my friend!!!

R

redroot

doesnt look quiet finished too me. looks great. very colourfull. which strain is this?

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

Yeah..the best way to harvest is to get a 30x to 100x magnifying microscope..Radioshack has one for $15. Growing is a science! Look at the trichomes (mushroom shaped crystals = THC). For a clear energizing head high..harvest when the trichomes are milky. For a more body, couchlock high..harvest when half of them have turned amber color. It depends on what high you are hoping to obtain.

S

sfzoo

I had to harvest a few girls early due to mold and humidity issues...

if i've got mostly clear trichs....what could i expect in potency and high?

B

bigyieldsonly

miracle grow? Im suprized they went that long without getting burned in the first place.miracle grow has so much ferts and time released ferts that is is almost impossible to flush that soil right for that perfect clean smooth taste.2-3more weeks. spray them down w plain water as much as possible during the day and it might start to use up some nitrogen and kinda flush it trim in the early morning the day after your lastflush so the plant will be absorbing mostly water

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

redog said:
Hey been checking out some of your stuff and had to ask.
I have my first grow going and almost three weeks ago I posted a thread asking if my grow was ready to cut down.Everyone said it wasn't.I go out every morning and look at the things with a small magnifying glass and I can't tell.
The damn things always look cloudy to me.
It was in the 40's last night and I know i am close but jeez I would hate to miss the proper time to cut down.Really don't want to spend 15-30 dollars on a stupid radioshack job. Do you have any pics of "milky","amber" and or past time to cut?

high man, first i'd like to say you're buds look terrific, very pretty!
they really do look awesome, for a first grow especially!

anyway, you need to break down and drag your ass to Radio
Shack and spend the $10.00 - $15.00 and get a hand-held
microscope, the best, least expensive way to be certain you
harvest at the right time.

shit man, you went through all this trouble to grow the stuff,
don't cheap out now! consider all the bread you've spent on
weed and you'll see $10.00 - $15.00 will be one of the best
investments you make.

that being said, here are a few trich shots to show you what
they look like up close. note that while you see a lot of white,
most of the trich's are clear and the only 'amber' you see is
from the pistils and not the trich's. (these were about 3 weeks
from chop if i remember right)

i hope this helps out man and really, don't be penny wise
and dollar foolish.

D

dr.lewis

Plants look great, but they're not ready... Really don't even look close. They are some beauties thought:)

Top Bottom