Is this flowering?

• Thread starter bread.sand
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bread.sand

Put some clones out about 2 weeks ago. They didn't seem like they started to flower when I put them out, so I thought I was safe. Now I'm seeing a bunch of preflowers on a couple of the strains. Do you think this is a flowering plant, or just preflowers? And if it's flowering, could I reveg it by starting to give 2hrs of light in the middle of the night?

Thank you :)

Is this flowering
B

bread.sand

@Aqua Man thanks for the quick response!

if it's flowering, do you think there's any use in giving it 2 hrs of light in the middle of the night to try to reveg?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man thanks for the quick response!

if it's flowering, do you think there's any use in giving it 2 hrs of light in the middle of the night to try to reveg?
You can try and revert as far as I know but will lose time. I grow indoor and use timers etc. So I have never had to deal with it. There are some members here I know have experience doing so and will be able to provide you much better information on it. It's seems to have been a common theme this year. In the future I would slowly change the lighting schedule inside to match or at least get close to the day/night schedule outside before moving them. This should be done slowly.

Hoping the best for you. And hoping I'm wrong but I don't think so.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I always reveg outdoor usa summer runs.
But I want them to.
In your case it’s at preflower, and if you see it continue to progress with actual bud formation maybe hit her with a few hours of light towards end of day. This helps the hormones that initiate flower “burn” off .
Or do like me and let it ride. Get some knarly growth and a longer veg and turn. I do supplement them towards the flower period with a light outdoor to keep the flowers developing, they finish into November I’m in monterey ca and we have a marine layer issue so I have learned to supplement outdoors. The yeilds are great and they will look almost indoors due to the extra supplement during the light hours I do. 4 hours 6-12, 4 hours 2-6pm with a 300 watt led per plant outdoors! Man it makes for some confused faces when I tell em it’s outdoor!

C888A71D AB5B 4DEF 86CC F291D864DE56
3CD6E771 CAA9 4E42 9227 28DD62DCA651
42852BF5 5F45 432A B60E A3E494E880E0
B

bread.sand

Wow wtf 300W per plant outdoors? Thats amazing 😲 Thats a gorgeous field you have there.

I think I'm gonna try postponing veg with some fluorescents. Not sure if I'm gonna put them on in the evening to extend the light period, or for a couple hrs in the middle of the night. I've seen both ways recommended. It seems like doing it at the beginning of the evening would be less stressful on the plants, but is it maybe less effective?

I'm in Oakland, so I need flowering to be finished by the end of October (rainy season). I figure if they start flowering in August that will set me up pretty good. I don't think I have any strains that are more than ~9 weeks.

B

bread.sand

@Jack og could it be too late to start putting light to extend the days? I think one of them actually does have the very beginnings of a budsite going.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I saw a vouple of white hairs in the bud (1st pic) on the bottom, left side of the growth, deff in flowering mode. You can always add light to re-veg, but you are going to lose time, especially now that the days are getting shorter again.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

it might depend on its genetics - if its an auto-flowering variety, then the clones tends to flower straight away. AND auto-flowering varieties are harder to turn back to vegetative, no?

B

bread.sand

it might depend on its genetics - if its an auto-flowering variety, then the clones tends to flower straight away. AND auto-flowering varieties are harder to turn back to vegetative, no?

None of these are autoflower. I’ve been adding supplemental light for the past couple days. I’m thinking since it was so early in flower it will be fine, but we’ll see! I haven’t seen a slowdown in growth yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom