Is this from over watering?

• Thread starter Darth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Darth

Darth

My first patio grow. My oldest plant has yellow leaves and I’m having a hard time identifying the problem.

It looks like over-watering, but it could be too many nutrients (twice a week), or heat stress? I’ve stopped watering, but I only watered when it was dry. I fed it twice a week for a couple of weeks, same as my other plants. I am going to move it further away from the patio wall.

I appreciate any comments. I’m trying to narrow down my problems.

Is this from over watering
Is this from over watering 2
Darth

Darth

I’m watering with hose water that has been softened with potassium chloride so I was worried about excess potassium but the nutrient charts seem to indicate that it could be either too much or too little.

For now, I’m going to suspend feeding, start using another water source, and move the plants to a less hot location.

kyLman

kyLman

I’m watering with hose water that has been softened with potassium chloride so I was worried about excess potassium but the nutrient charts seem to indicate that it could be either too much or too little.

For now, I’m going to suspend feeding, start using another water source, and move the plants to a less hot location.
Do you know the PH of your water or soil?

Darth

Darth

Potassium deficiency actually.
Here I thought my ferts included potassium. I just checked and it doesn’t. I’ll find something tomorrow. Any brand suggestions for additions?

FTR, I’m growing outdoors with softened water in fabric pots. I have checked the runoff ph at about 6.5. This plant is about 60 days old. It’s from donated bag seed but it looks like a sativa.

Madbud

Madbud

I wouldn’t use softened water, is there a spigot before the softener to use?

TSD

TSD

I've been running my softened water through a brita before giving it to the girls... what a pain in the ass, but they're happier since I started that.

Darth

Darth

I took a couple of leaves over to Verde Growers, a commercial nursery close by. They diagnosed it as an iron deficiency and prescribed a nitrogen/iron supplement, which I started today.

68BE5DA7 FA89 4B5A 9FB0 9C0865CB3017
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I took a couple of leaves over to Verde Growers, a commercial nursery close by. They diagnosed it as an iron deficiency and prescribed a nitrogen/iron supplement, which I started today.
Yes you needed iron good job hope it comes good for you .

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

There's your problem and what's the temp of water to putting on them looks rot to me water temp to high and add salt in water get caravan filter to help remove stuff in water 👻🚂

Madbud

Madbud

There's your problem and what's the temp of water to putting on them looks rot to me water temp to high and add salt in water get caravan filter to help remove stuff in water 👻🚂
Yeah, i’m assuming the iron didn’t help anybody but the guy selling it. Softened water is full of salt from the backwashing cycle and death to plants, thats why the outdoor spicket is before the softener, for watering lawns and gardens.

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

Yeah, i’m assuming the iron didn’t help anybody but the guy selling it. Softened water is full of salt from the backwashing cycle and death to plants, thats why the outdoor spicket is before the softener, for watering lawns and gardens.
You could even have nats in pot waiting to hatch and they are eating your roots away and giving it rot and nute uptake there are so many things at play in side temp outside temp after a flush they can suck the pot dry before a feed and burn so use all that info and let us know if you find out ok👻🚂💯🤟😉😎🙃😜but here to help and point out what is wrong hopefully ok good luck mate with it

Latest posts

Top Bottom