Is this from root rot or drie roots?

• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ph 007

Ph 007

Hi all

I still trying to perfect my coco watering,, when I'm under a hps light all goes fine
In
My veg t5 light tent I tent to struggle when I first pot up clon3s takes me a while to get them to root the pots out.

I have just taken some pics of 2 roots balls of my plants ,
Is the brown root dead from drying a little to much, iv not really let them get dry tho or is it root rot?

This one pic below I let dry a little more over nihht and see where my finger is I started to see nice hits furry root appearing

Is this from root rot or drie roots

Is this from root rot or drie roots 2
Is this from root rot or drie roots 3
Is this from root rot or drie roots 4
Is this from root rot or drie roots 5
Is this from root rot or drie roots 6
Is this from root rot or drie roots 7
Is this from root rot or drie roots 8
Is this from root rot or drie roots 9
Is this from root rot or drie roots 10
Is this from root rot or drie roots 11
Is this from root rot or drie roots 12
Is this from root rot or drie roots 13

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Perlite on the bottom is a no no. Your basically making the container much smaller smaller.

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

First things first how many feeds in grow was there and now in flower how many feeds looks like dry roots or got burnt from wrong ph or high ec or have u used a cannazym at all and if not get some to speed up the break down as they do self break down to supply food as well to feed the plant looks like they dryed out like the surface of the top roots in pot cannazym is great for it to break down the clumps of roots the cause root rot from being to compact 👻🚂🤜🤛

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

As your bottom roots are looking fine and it more up the top of the pot roots so I say dryed out as if your not feeding more feeds in bloom as looks like the first week in flip they are in rapid growth and drinking alot more👻🚂🎱😜

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
probably from the light penetrating down the side of the pots, overtime as the soil is wet/dry and roots grow there is shrinkage and light can get down the sides..
watering or ph or etc would be worse..

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

Flush that algae away to as that will take food and air out pot to so could be rot to so need more info but plants look fine and not showing any problems of it to and they would be drooping the leafs so when in doubt treat the plant with a PLYTH off or sanitizer 😜👻🚂🤜🤛

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Flush that algae away to as that will take food and air out pot to so could be rot to so need more info but plants look fine and not showing any problems of it to and they would be drooping the leafs so when in doubt treat the plant with a PLYTH off or sanitizer 😜👻🚂🤜🤛
Algae is no issue... something I know well. All species eat very little... even green hair algae that can carpet shit in days. Anywhere there is nitrogen, phosphorus or silica and light your gonna get it.

I used to use an algae scrubber and a thick 1ft x 1ft mat of green hair algae would pull maybe 25 ppm a day of nitrate. Be surprised if that pulled 5. Algae is actually a sign of a healthy environment. Once the light is blocked it will go away. It's when it dies that it can create food for pathogens but also the plants but enzymes work well breaking down decaying algae.

Tldr: unless running a sterile system your gonna see it if your getting light to the media for any significant amount of time.

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

Algae is no issue... something I know well. All species eat very little... even green hair algae that can carpet shit in days. Anywhere there is nitrogen, phosphorus or silica and light your gonna get it.

I used to use an algae scrubber and a thick 1ft x 1ft mat of green hair algae would pull maybe 25 ppm a day of nitrate. Be surprised if that pulled 5. Algae is actually a sign of a healthy environment. Once the light is blocked it will go away. It's when it dies that it can create food for pathogens but also the plants but enzymes work well breaking down decaying algae.

Tldr: unless running a sterile system your gonna see it if your getting light to the media for any significant amount of time.
Hi bro ...But also brings in the fungus nats to so plus takes air from roots 👻🚂🤜🤛

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

Do u think there might be collar rot on stem in pic I reposted from him 🙈🙉🙊

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

Perlite on the bottom is a no no. Your basically making the container much smaller smaller.

I have clay balls and perlite at the bottom but my bottom roots sit sitting it water with air stone so no problems for me 👻🚂

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

Ye mate Indid have some sorts of mold on the stem when I cloned them the got it when they where in the clonner
I had it before it usually goes away lol
Did u treat it as it will be in the plant and will come back and kill your plant

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I'm going to jump into this, because I've had similar issues and overcome them effectively.

First off, my opinion of the roots are telling me, that they are reaching, and also, that their not finding what they are satisfied with, could be twofold, too high pH, or some sorta nutrient factor, or something else, my guess would be phosphate, that's the most logical culprit, IMO. Could also simply be an overwater issue possibly, it's possible, I suppose.

Regardless, there's an obvious deficit of fungi, below. I see it in the upper, but not the lower, so it's possible it could also be a wet issue, but I don't think that tells the whole story, but it's entirely possible, I suppose.

Advice, ensure your pH is correctly adjusted, flush with a good root surfactant, like Yucca Gold, or something similar, then hit it with your nutes, and microorganisms. If any environmental factors aside, I think there's something in the soil there holding the fungi/mycorrhizae development in check, for some reason or another. That's my $0.02 for what it's worth.

IMG 20210526 1347572531
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Did u treat it as it will be in the plant and will come back and kill your plant
The cure, is worse than the disease.... Personally, I'm looking to create mold where I want it. I've got a clone cutting I did for shits and giggles that I put mold (30 different ones) on it everyday just about, and it seems to be taking fine, only time will tell.

I just dumped a bunch of mold and humics/fluvics into the bases of my late flowers, today to add some fuel to the fire. I know I'm a little neurotic about it probably, but I hit my bases with microroganisms thoughout the growth cycle to that I'm contantly rebuilding/maintaining that biome. It's a huge factor, IMO. Protects huge against drought defict also, so very effective for concentrating things during the end, while I starve the plant intermittent of water, then re-flood.

I'm in the last week ot two, so things have slowed down, and wateruptake is dimished greatly at this point. I'm in the ripening phase here, and the level of phosphate is a real on-going issue for the biome, It's apparent at this stage.

IMG 20210601 104410135
Last edited:
Top Bottom