Is This Fusarium Wilt??

• Thread starter Hempie88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hempie88

Hempie88

Hi so I’ve been dealing with everything on these mothers I purchased from a local farm. I’m beginning to think this was a mistake!

So far I’ve had fungus gnats, treated with gnatrol every two weeks. Next I found leaf aphids, mainly on one plant. Treated with AzaMax by spray and drench three days apart.I did the drench just in case i mistaked the fungus gnats for root aphids. So far no more fungus gnats or aphids, but my plants don’t seem to be recovering.

I’ve been reading about verticillium and fusarium wilt and I’m very worried this might be my problem! As I’m having random limbs totally dying and turning brown.

First picture shows dead limb and the second was the plant that had aphids the worst.

Let me know what y’all think please!

If so am I gonna have to destroy and star over???

Thanks Farm

Is this fusarium wilt
Is this fusarium wilt 2
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Sounds like you're spiralling down the "why are my plants dying" hole grasping for answers. I dont think you have fusarium wilt.

Most of what you have could just be damage from the bugs, and possibly even the treatments to get rid of the bugs. I'm not sure is azamax is phytotoxic at all but it's possible the sprays damaged them if it was done too close to, or during the lights on phase.

And plants that have sustained damage like that wont turn green and healthy again, most of the dead/damaged stuff is not coming back. All you can do to see if they are recovering is watch for new green growth, and see if progression of the chlorosis stops.

Given the severe state of your plants, I would try and salvage a few good cuttings off them, dunk them in azamax and start over. Clean that room with bleach and just start over. With their poor health they are going to struggle big time all the way through flower even if they do recover. But that's me..

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This is what lead me to getting concerned that I may have fusarium wilt.
Ok you could be on to something. Looks like either fusarium or verticillium wilt in that picture. Especially how its spreading from the cut branch.
Plants under attack from insects will have an impaired immune system to fight off diseases, and the insects themselves are more often than not introducing pathogens to the plants themselves. A bit of a double whammy.

Bummer dude. If that's what you've got happening you have a short window of time to take a top clone and cross your fingers the fungus hasnt made it up to the top of the plant yet.

There are a couple fungicide options for saving the cuttings depending where you live and your moral ethos.. such as propiconazole (Banner MAXX), Instrata, or Eagle 20. Although eagle 20 is not a popular option, I would feel comfortable using it ONLY to treat a clone that is intended to be grown into a MOM ONLY. I would only ever use it as a last resort to save genetics. But you could also save genetics with a sterile tissue culture. Not as easy to do though. And contact fungicides wont work at this point if that is fusarium, as it's already Inside the plant. It would have to be a systemic fungicide.

Hempie88

Hempie88

Ok you could be on to something. Looks like either fusarium or verticillium wilt in that picture. Especially how its spreading from the cut branch.
Plants under attack from insects will have an impaired immune system to fight off diseases, and the insects themselves are more often than not introducing pathogens to the plants themselves. A bit of a double whammy.

Bummer dude. If that's what you've got happening you have a short window of time to take a top clone and cross your fingers the fungus hasnt made it up to the top of the plant yet.

There are a couple fungicide options for saving the cuttings depending where you live and your moral ethos.. such as propiconazole (Banner MAXX), Instrata, or Eagle 20. Although eagle 20 is not a popular option, I would feel comfortable using it ONLY to treat a clone that is intended to be grown into a MOM ONLY. I would only ever use it as a last resort to save genetics. But you could also save genetics with a sterile tissue culture. Not as easy to do though. And contact fungicides wont work at this point if that is fusarium, as it's already Inside the plant. It would have to be a systemic fungicide.
Yeah man this sh*t sucks? I thought stuff like this could only live in the media. Didn’t know pest could carry it!

I have three plants that have a limb or main stalk (above bottom two or three limbs) dead.

Will it stay confined to those plants or can it spread to other plants in the room?

Thanks again!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah man this sh*t sucks? I thought stuff like this could only live in the media. Didn’t know pest could carry it!

I have three plants that have a limb or main stalk (above bottom two or three limbs) dead.

Will it stay confined to those plants or can it spread to other plants in the room?

Thanks again!

It can spread. It's a fungus, though it will initially only spread by either insects or contact until it produces it's own spores. Eventually it will show a white fuzzy mycelium and spread spores.

Hempie88

Hempie88

It can spread. It's a fungus, though it will initially only spread by either insects or contact until it produces it's own spores. Eventually it will show a white fuzzy mycelium and spread spores.
On top of leafs? Look Like WPM?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
On top of leafs? Look Like WPM?
It will usually form on the dead branches first from what I recall. But if you have white fuzzy patches on the leaves that could be it too. I really only ever deal with it on turf, it's been 20 years since I saw it on a tomato plant, and even then it was on a slide projector lol.

Either way, If that's what you've got, and it does look like it could be, I'd take cuttings of your chemdog and treat them with eagle 20 then tear everything else down and bleach the room. Twice.

Last edited:
CaliRooted

CaliRooted

You have lots of things happening here. I'd take the best clones you can chop those waste of time things down.. just being honest.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

It will usually form on the dead branches first from what I recall. But if you have white fuzzy patches on the leaves that could be it too. I really only ever deal with it on turf, it's been 20 years since I saw it on a tomato plant, and even then it was on a slide projector lol.

Either way, If that's what you've got, and it does look like it could be, I'd take cuttings of your chemdog and treat them with eagle 20 then tear everything else down and bleach the room. Twice.

I wouldnt use eagle 20.

R

redshift75

thats almost same thing im dealing with. it even just came out in the clones i clipped. as a white fungus. On the leaves that were dying. Couldnt identify it. sent out some samples to a lab down state this morning. Wont know in time to save them in my case. but will at least be able to figure it out. It did test positive for pythium blight. but i was able to overcome that and still it lingers on....

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

thats almost same thing im dealing with. it even just came out in the clones i clipped. as a white fungus. On the leaves that were dying. Couldnt identify it. sent out some samples to a lab down state this morning. Wont know in time to save them in my case. but will at least be able to figure it out. It did test positive for pythium blight. but i was able to overcome that and still it lingers on....
Ive heard peroxide does a good job. Ive heard 1% up to 1.5% oxidate was talked about in either this thread or another. @silverhaze dealt with this in a thread on here.

Here it is!

Id this white fungus grow up out of the soil onto your leaves via the stem? Or just appear?

Im dealing with verticulum atm...its 2funny. I think its in my city water...fuckerz!

R

redshift75

Ive heard peroxide does a good job. Ive heard 1% up to 1.5% oxidate was talked about in either this thread or another. @silverhaze dealt with this in a thread on here.

Here it is!

Id this white fungus grow up out of the soil onto your leaves via the stem? Or just appear?

Im dealing with verticulum atm...its 2funny. I think its in my city water...fuckerz!
peroxide in my case is only a bandaid. kills all the mycco+ azos and just adds to the damage. acts more as a short term suppressant than treatment or cleaner once its grabbed on.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I wouldnt use eagle 20.

I know the reasons not to, but at the same time used at a responsible dose and allowed to veg out for a couple months, then taking cuttings, vegging those out etc... Used in that way and only to save prized genetics, I believe it's perfectly safe. It's when folks dose a crop mid cycle you are gonna have problems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom