Is this light any good? Xinhaohui 240w

• Thread starter GrowWeedQuestion
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowWeedQuestion

GrowWeedQuestion

LM301B LED Board 240W LED Grow Light with Samsung LM301B Chips & MeanWell Driver Commercial White Full Spectrum Grow Lights 532pcs LEDs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081ZT6BMC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_itejEbAB2P64T

Trying to save some money. I was going to buy 2x sf2000, but i found these and think 2 of these would work the same for half the price. Has anyone used them before? Does anyone think they would be as good?
Any info helps! Thanks in advance!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Looks just like the rest of the chinese knock-off board lights. If the parts are real its a good deal. I like that it is fullfilled by Amazon. You could easily return it if needed.

Im not experienced in led boards. I have just reaearched. Someone who is will likely chime in to confirm or deny my thoughts.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Looks just like the rest of the chinese knock-off board lights. If the parts are real its a good deal. I like that it is fullfilled by Amazon. You could easily return it if needed.

Im not experienced in led boards. I have just reaearched. Someone who is will likely chime in to confirm or deny my thoughts.

I recently paid $275.00 out the door for two 250w Kingbrite Quantum board kits (240w meanwell dimmable drivers) through Alibaba. Ordered on a Thursday night. Delivered by Monday evening. Pros: great price, sales service and shipping speed. Cons: Any warranty issues might mean jumping through hoops due to this being an international purchase from China.

An idea that MiMedGrower tossed out recently ... you can purchase warm white (2800-3500k) LED floodlights equaling the same wall output for about half as much. It would require some DIY. I am currently thinking about purchasing some for my other tent. Five 150w warm white LED for an additional 90,000 lumens at under $100 including shipping.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I recently paid $275.00 out the door for two 250w Kingbrite Quantum board kits (240w meanwell dimmable drivers) through Alibaba. Ordered on a Thursday night. Delivered by Monday evening. Pros: great price, sales service and shipping speed. Cons: Any warranty issues might mean jumping through hoops due to this being an international purchase from China.

An idea that MiMedGrower tossed out recently ... you can purchase warm white (2800-3500k) LED floodlights equaling the same wall output for about half as much. It would require some DIY. I am currently thinking about purchasing some for my other tent. Five 150w warm white LED for an additional 90,000 lumens at under $100 including shipping.

Wasnt my idea. Maybe @BigCube

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

who's ever idea is a good one i looked at them and like um

Whats the color temp? I didnt look. I dont like the idea of boards too much. The strips and cobs seem much better for light dispersion and penetration to me.

Timber lighting thinks so too. They stopped selling boards even though they are popular.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

the ones i looked at were outdoo
Whats the color temp? I didnt look. I dont like the idea of boards too much. The strips and cobs seem much better for light dispersion and penetration to me.

Timber lighting thinks so too. They stopped selling boards even though they are popular.
the ones i looked at were outdoor spot lights,you could get 5 of them for 130 bucks all 150 watt lights with hangers ,all wired for 110 120,i was thinking along the lines of wiring together and hard wire out ,mounted to plywood and getto style led lighting ,hahahah.
only thing i didnt see was the cool and warm light were you could split them up,like 3 cool ,2 warm lights ,staggered in there the 2000 to 2500 would do better for blooming,the cool up to 6000 would jam some veg ,
i been know to make diy things like this,no shame in my game,have them damn flood lights hanging from ceiling of my tent rocking and with the hangers you can adjust the light were and at any angle you want it lock down with a wing nut,damn right redneck style hahahah

basscaptain

basscaptain

thinkl i may add a few of those floods in the flower room I can still set them in the ceiling...........

back to the wood pile...

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

thinkl i may add a few of those floods in the flower room I can still set them in the ceiling...........

back to the wood pile...
the higher the wattage the higher the price,but to be expected,i like the hangers ,you could take them and hit every damn angle in a tent ,even if you used all 5 individal plugs still wouldnt pull that much power,i got to thinking that if you daisy chained um all together the drivers inside might melt down ,but they even have motion detectors with um ,look like some i could use outside for sure,speeking of just caught a damn feral cat in my trap hahahah,that tom cat was so glad to get out that trap,sarden eating ass wont come back,hahahah

Havocsm1

Havocsm1

BudgetLED has amazing tech for good price. My current grow under BudgetLED only week5:

IMG 20200122 160958589
IMG 20200122 160922363
sportyridr

sportyridr

Can I ask, is a 150w actually 150w or what is the watts at the wall? I didn't see it listed what the actual wattage is. Thank you in advance. :)

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Can I ask, is a 150w actually 150w or what is the watts at the wall? I didn't see it listed what the actual wattage is. Thank you in advance. :)

I haven't purchased those lights yet. However, the details states that the 150w model produces 18000 lumens. I'm pretty sure that if those numbers are accurate, it's 150w from the wall.

When you hear people talking about "watts from the wall or outlet", they are talking about the true amount of electricity required to run your lights. This distinction is important because so many LED light manufacturers make wild claims ... "1500 watt cob led grow light" but when you check it's true electricity draw in the small print it says it uses 250w or 300w. It's not accurate. It's a number value they have assigned and it doesn't give you a true idea of the quality of light you're purchasing. Most of those 1500 watt cob LED grow lights are using 50w cobs and are "claiming" that they produce an equivalent of 300w per cob. Those lights usually disappoint.

I can say that my two 250w quantum boards actually pull the numbers they claim. I have both a LUX meter and a kill-o-watt device and I have checked them against the manufacturer's specs.

Top Bottom