Is this LSF?

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

This has only broken out in the past 24 hours....I'm fairly certain it's not splash and burn....best guess is LSF.

If so, what can I do? It's on most of my vegging stuff :(

Photos are from different plants. Thanks in advance.

Is this lsf
Is this lsf 2
Is this lsf 3
Is this lsf 4
Is this lsf 5
Is this lsf 6
Is this lsf 7
Is this lsf 8
Is this lsf 9
J

jdubz206

i don't think that's LSF...check out these pics of LSF -

the bottom pic looks more like a ph issue to me

F

FastForward

I don't think it's pH....I'm pretty good with it... between 5.5 and 5.7 depending on where in veg they are. I think it's fungal I really do...I've removed the offending leaves because I don't want to kill any of them....too quality...(have cuts from some, but not all).

C

cway

This has only broken out in the past 24 hours....I'm fairly certain it's not splash and burn....best guess is LSF.

If so, what can I do? It's on most of my vegging stuff :(

Photos are from different plants. Thanks in advance.

Hey bro.. Ive had this happen to my plants, and once they got big enough and veggin like 1 inch a day, the LSF could not keep up with the Healthy plant.. I just took off infected leaves and flushed them and the plant just outgrew it..

Dunno though.. Hope this helps.. Just keep em healty..

B

beanz240

Was it possible you could have had a big humidity drop? I'm sure i'm way off

F

FastForward

I've upped the humidity in there to see if that helps by setting the fan to come on for 15 minutes every hour....we'll see what that does...

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
keep us posted ff, i've seen that on my mature vegging plants and they just outgrew the problem, bravado fungicide my help, especially as there only vegging.

mace

mace

looks like PH or nute issues but i trust that you know how to grow.

Since you think it's bio based infection why not try a 20% h2o2/water solution and foilar the infection. That's how i would cure most topical based issues. Either way, watching for updates on what it is.

hubcap

hubcap

I dont think its nutes OR pH based....

bugs or fungus is my HUNCH.

keep us posted farmer FF. how fast did it take for the leafs to look like this?
over nite? coupla days?

F

FastForward

Days...max...keeping an eye on it but I'm more and more convinced it's fungal. If it gets really bad I'll hit it with a fungicide, but would rather hold off on using nasties....fortunately they're only in veg atm, so do-able.

F

frankie-smiles

I've found this stuff called "microbial". Sorta disinfectant stuff but seems to do wonders for me when used as a spray. Mildew gone in one squirt, found it gets rid of almost every leaf problem, and I've had a few. Found that you can use quite a high concentration in a spray for real bad stuff. Mouldy damp walls - the lot. Maybe give it a try if it gets worse.

F

FastForward

Thanks Frankie....have seen it in the grow shop. I think it's a similar product to DM Zone....will give it a try though....

B

beanz240

Shit FF i forgot to ask if you smoke cigarettes? could it be TMV?

hubcap

hubcap

hey FF....any change for the better...
im interested...
-hub

F

FastForward

It might be an environmental factor....seems to be receding a bit, in that there's no new brown spots on new growth, and it doesn't seem to be spreading at all....so perhaps it isn't fungal.

Beanz - Yep..I put tobacco in my j's and I smoke in here (it's the only place I can smoke that's away from the baby) - you should see my carbon filters....that's enough to make me quit...but thanks for the input...it might be TMV but looks like it isn't...

Hub - Fingers crossed they're going to grow out of it as you guys have suggested. Some leaves are looking weirdly shrivelled, so we're not out of the woods yet, but it's not quite as scary as I initially thought. I'll know more over the next couple of weeks as I get a chance to put them into flower.

S

snake383

could it be light burn? what kind of lights do you run and how close?

F

FastForward

Definitely not light burn, although it does look like it - but the 400w light is about 12" away - if anything a bit too far away for my liking (esp. with an adjustawing and heat shield)

N

nybud

damn I got the same exact problem right now, I know it isnt the PH, out of 6, 1 plant looks just like the last pic u put up and another looks like its curling down but the other 4 look healthy?!?!?
Iam going to keep a eye on this thread to see whats the deal good luck FF.
-Bud

J

jdubz206

i run into something that looks like this every so often too..that's why at first i thought it was in fact ph...it never spreads, it goes away...someone once told me that it was caused by ph flux and i always thought that to be true...i use drops to check the ph of my nute solution so i know sometimes the ph i feed fluctuates a couple to a few tenths...so my question is, could ph cause this issue or is this definitely not ph related?

Top Bottom