Is this Magnesium defiency or something else?

• Thread starter Weedlogger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Weedlogger

Weedlogger

3,5 weeks in and in the last week or two the new sprouts are lime green with the yellow spots between veins as you can see on picture.

I think it's magnesium deficiency but would like some more experienced people to confirm or deny!

Is this magnesium defiency or something else
Weedlogger

Weedlogger

They look hungry all around. It may be lighting, but are the lower leaves in good shape and just new growth is lime green? If so points to an immobile nute issue.

I see coco, what is your watering technique?

It has had about 40-60k lux for 18hours. Lower leaves are much better, not perfect, but mostly green.

I have no coco, just soil and perlite 75%-25%. I started watering from the top once a week with Canna Veg nutrient mix as the roots got used to the 10L pot. Then last 10 days after the symptoms started I started with bottom watering about twice a week, with nutrients every other time I water (as I was scared of it getting too much Potassium).

Was thinking of adding some magnesium salts but wanted more consultation!

Homesteader

Homesteader

I would assume it's magnesium. The dark green veins with the light green leaf tissue is usually from magnesium. Weaker leaf tissue sometimes also sometimes comes next such as rips tears or weak spots in between the veins if you don't fix it. Are you watering enough?

Weedlogger

Weedlogger

I would assume it's magnesium. The dark green veins with the light green leaf tissue is usually from magnesium. Weaker leaf tissue sometimes also sometimes comes next such as rips tears or weak spots in between the veins if you don't fix it. Are you watering enough?

I see pictures of magnesium deficiency where the tips of the leaves are the most bleak and this one is the most green on the tips which confuses me.

Yes I think I water enough, I check the plants twice daily by lifting the pot, and I give it about a 1 Liter every 5 days

Homesteader

Homesteader

Not sure about the tips thing but not much else will do this to a plant. Could be the mag is locked or missing though. You definitely seem to need nitrogen as well. Have you given it much? The plants look hungry besides mag though

Weedlogger

Weedlogger

I have not given it any extra mag.

I'm gonna do that now. Hmm, last plant did fine on the same nutrients, have any experience with Canna Veg? Is it a good product?

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

It does look like immobile nute, how about water quality or worse case, root problems? Im just throwing my 2 cents here since the most common possibilities have already been mentioned

Weedlogger

Weedlogger

Yes. It's almost never sulfur, in soil, so my guess is iron. I might hit it with both. Epsom salts would give you the S.

I've heard that iron is never an issue so long as the ph is alright.

And I think it is more looking like Manganese/Magnesium deficiency on that chart. They have like a yellowish blisters look more than just a yellow leaf.

For now I have given it Mag and more Canna Veg mixture and let it run through. Hoping the next shoots are looking better!

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

I've heard that iron is never an issue so long as the ph is alright.

And I think it is more looking like Manganese/Magnesium deficiency on that chart. They have like a yellowish blisters look more than just a yellow leaf.

For now I have given it Mag and more Canna Veg mixture and let it run through. Hoping the next shoots are looking better!
The thing with magnesium it's mobile, your bottom leaves look alright which suggests it must be immobile nutes, I won't rule out manganese and also you growing in coco calcium is anther issue with coco. I would continue with a Cal mag at PH of 6.2-6.3. I'm not sure what people are supplementing for manganese tho

Weedlogger

Weedlogger

The thing with magnesium it's mobile, your bottom leaves look alright which suggests it must be immobile nutes, I won't rule out manganese and also you growing in coco calcium is anther issue with coco. I would continue with a Cal mag at PH of 6.2-6.3. I'm not sure what people are supplementing for manganese tho

Thanks for info, no coco though, only soil and perlite. Might look like coco cause I have watered from bottom for 10 days or so

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Thanks for info, no coco though, only soil and perlite. Might look like coco cause I have watered from bottom for 10 days or so
Look at the ingredients of the soil on your bag it came in...double check...it looks reddish brown like coco. Thats why people saying its coco..

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
does it get any darker as the day goes on? is it lighter when it first wakes up? or any other combinations...

have you noticed anything along the way, i mean, it was ok for a time then it turned, or it was always lighter...

the very first time you noticed it lighter did you do anything in the 24 hours prior that was different? unique to this one?

did it start after a good watering or feeding? or after the dog barked at it? <--- just seeing if you are paying attention

Latest posts

Top Bottom