Is this mold or just the inside of a bud

• Thread starter Bullmark69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bullmark69

Bullmark69

These buds were harvested 3 weeks ago. They were washed in the 4 bucket wash, and hung at close to 60/60 for 2 weeks. I jarred a week ago and was burping today when I happened to notice the bottom of one bud.
I ended up breaking it apart and I’m just not sure if this is mold or rot or nothing.
The plants did have some dying leaves but I clipped them before they entered the bud…..I could have missed some.
I will point out that the tiny calyces that grow straight out of the nodes were browning up at the time of harvest.
I thought the peroxide then baking soda/lemon juice wash would kill off any risky business.
I think every single bud looks like this on the inside.
Please help… and thank u.
Is this mold or just the inside of a bud
Is this mold or just the inside of a bud 2
Is this mold or just the inside of a bud 3

Moshmen

Moshmen

Again I’ll follow mystic- put a flame to it ! Lol
We don’t see anything from the pics , if it were let’s say gray mold when you break apart the bud you may see some dust fly? Or it would look more like a web

LivingBlackSoil

LivingBlackSoil

Pic 1 that dark area on the stem is concerning. How'd it burn?

Bullmark69

Bullmark69

Update: I guess I could be a bit paranoid….but my buddy just looked at it through a microscope and did not see any mold. He smoked some and said it was smooth and had no taste of mold….and the buzz was quite nice and even.
As for the question about how it smells, he seemed to think it smelled fine and would get better as it cures more.
My nose isn’t the greatest and I guess I may have been expecting a stronger and more pungent smell. At one point in this endless grow the smell was phenomenal…but as the mistakes happened the smell decreased.
This grow was a great experience but it was also filled with issues, many of which were from my own poor decisions and mistakes. I stressed the plants too much and defoliated too many leaves and did so way too late into flower. This killed off many of the remaining leaves and caused a major problem at a crucial point in the grow. These were autos and weren’t chopped until weeks 19 and 21 respectively. The three plants (from the same seed pack) couldn’t have been more different for being the same strain. They began re-vegging for a short time and never did produce many amber trichs….I waited and waited until I couldn’t wait any longer.
i don’t know if there was the beginning of some bud rot or mold present at harvest, but I did see some brown calyces at the base of each stem internode….the ones that grow solo in the “V” of each stem. I don’t know what u call them but they were definitely brown and would pop off easily.
So I’m guessing if I, as the grower, would have did a better job the buds would look, smell and taste better.
All in all, I have about 7oz from three small plants that I didn’t have when I started.
I hope to do better this next run and having you fine folks as a resource makes me think I will.

Latest posts

Top Bottom