Is this mold or pests?

• Thread starter cman9090
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cman9090

cman9090

Strawberry cough, growing outdoors. It has been raining a lot and humidity is pretty high. What you guys reckon?
  • There is yellow spots on a lot of the leaves
  • in some of the buds it looks like little spider webs and I looked inside and there was a little caterpillar?
  • Some leaves had the web underneath, i've removed them.
I've sprayed neem oil and also done some hydrogen peroxide spray. You can see the catepillar i found in amoungst the webbing on the buds in the last photo.

Is this mold or pests
Is this mold or pests 2
Is this mold or pests 3
Is this mold or pests 4
Is this mold or pests 5
Is this mold or pests 6
Homesteader

Homesteader

Looks like some type of caterpillar in one shot and something like a snail on a stem of two more. Beautiful flower, hope you can get them.

cman9090

cman9090

So the white web like stuff on the bud isn't something to be concerned about?

cman9090

cman9090

It's like a white sticky web, but that is originally where that little catepillar was hiding. Could it be a cacoon?

Web
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Try a Bacillus thuringiensis spray (usually just called "Bt") for caterpillars.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Caterpillars, destroyers of buds.
I think the white web is where the moth laid eggs.
And once adult, caterpillars like to be inside the bud and eat it from the inside out, can be devastating.
Also more fungus from all the caterpillar excrements.

cman9090

cman9090

Great, thanks guys. I've gone through and basically removed all the fan leaves that had yellow spots, which was most of them, and gone through all the buds and pulled any little webs off and checked for caterpillars, found another one in amoungst the web. Will investigate some BTK. Thanks :).

Madbud

Madbud

I use Thuricide btk outdoors, 15%. Theres also Monterey btk at 99%, the difference is surfactant and nutrients to keep the bacteria active longer.

Top Bottom