Is this Nute burn or Light burn?

• Thread starter daniel15slas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
daniel15slas

daniel15slas

A little more information for yall, my Blue Dream is 5 weeks old today and just started to flower last week. I gave it a quarter dose of Advanced Nutrients Sensei Bloom part A and B (quarter dose of each) and also a half dose of Voodoo Juice (since this is less likely to burn the plant). All the rest of the plants seem unaffected by the dosage and are actually enjoying it and growing proper. This is what leads me to believe it is more of a light burn. My grow room temp got up to 90 degrees (I live in a hot state, and it is since dropped in temp) and the LED light was approximately 9 inches or so from the top of the Blue Dream.
Please Help and let me know what you all think.

Is this nute burn or light burn
Is this nute burn or light burn 2
Is this nute burn or light burn 3
916Fisherman

916Fisherman

Does your hand get hot at 9” away from the light? If so it may be light burn

az2000

az2000

Looks like Ca deficiency to me. Not a bad case. I would add 0.8g/gal gypsum to the next couple feedings. (That's 1/8 tsp.).

Gypsum is water soluble to 3.0g per liter. It dissolves easier in hot water. I use an empty drinking water bottle (500ml), put the gypsum in, fill with hot water, shake. Pour that in the bucket I mix nutrients in.

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

You could try moving the light back a little bit. I usually put my hand right above the top of the plant and keep it there for a few seconds. If it gets warm, I leave it but if I think it would be too hot, I move it back until it is comfortable.

visajoe1

visajoe1

Looks like CA deficiency. If it was nute burn, the leaf tips would be burned too but they arent. If it was light burn, it would be more than little sporadic spot on a leaf. Add some CA and it should stop the spread of it. Are you growing under LED's?

daniel15slas

daniel15slas

Looks like CA deficiency. If it was nute burn, the leaf tips would be burned too but they arent. If it was light burn, it would be more than little sporadic spot on a leaf. Add some CA and it should stop the spread of it. Are you growing under LED's?
Yes under LEDs man

daniel15slas

daniel15slas

Has things turned around since last weekend? LED lights can sometimes cause plants to need more CA
I actually didnt give it any supplements at all. I simply feed her about 2 gallons of perfectly PHed water (essentially a flush) and she has been fine. No new growth that I can tell, if I do find some more burning my next feed what should I do for her.?

visajoe1

visajoe1

I actually didnt give it any supplements at all. I simply feed her about 2 gallons of perfectly PHed water (essentially a flush) and she has been fine. No new growth that I can tell, if I do find some more burning my next feed what should I do for her.?
Sounds good, perhaps it was a little locked out and the flush allowed the plant to reach what it needed. You're doing the right thing, watching the new growth for signs. Its in flowering stage now so you wont get new fan leaves, just sugar leaves from here on out. What is EC of feed?

visajoe1

visajoe1

Im sorry but what does EC stand for
@visajoe1
EC - Electrical Conductivity
It measures how much nutrients are in your solution. Some people measure by ppm, but you should try not to because of variables in ppm scales .500 vs .700 depending on the manufacturer. EC is more precise and universal.

Most plants dont need more than 1.4 EC at their highest levels in flowering stage. On a .500 scale, that translates to just 700ppm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom