Is This Nute Burn?

• Thread starter fliege
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fliege

Can anyone confirm if the following images show nute burn? If so which nute, is it N?

These are White Label Northern Lights autos at week 5. They are grown in a mix of about 50/50 or 30/70 enriched compost/potting soil. I'm thinking the soil is just a bit too hot for them.

The plants have looked pretty much exactly like this the whole time. So I'm thinking I should do nothing and just carry on. Next time I'll avoid this soil mix because I keep second guessing everything and it's annoying.

F

fliege

Opps, sorrt @Bulldog420
IMAG0951
IMAG0952
IMAG0953
IMAG0954

Dan789

Dan789

Might just be over aplicaction of fertilization. What’s your feed schedule, continuous or every several watering? If not could be overly hot soil...

F

fliege

I have never fed these plants. So I guess soil is hot. Tap water is PPM 350 and run off is 550, but I don't know what to expect there. The pH of the run-off and it's pH=6.5 if I water with pH ~7.5. So I think pH is OK.

F

fliege

For the first three weeks they were in 6L pots with no added aeration. Then two weeks ago I transplanted to 11 L pots with plenty of perlite. I generally wait for the medium to get pretty dry on top before watering and when I water I do so until I get very minimal run-off then I stop. With these 11L pots, I was at first giving 1L of water every two days. More recently I've been giving more. But the plants have been exhibiting the yellow tips for a good while now. The plants don't look generally droopy either. What makes you think it's over-watering?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
For the first three weeks they were in 6L pots with no added aeration. Then two weeks ago I transplanted to 11 L pots with plenty of perlite. I generally wait for the medium to get pretty dry on top before watering and when I water I do so until I get very minimal run-off then I stop. With these 11L pots, I was at first giving 1L of water every two days. More recently I've been giving more. But the plants have been exhibiting the yellow tips for a good while now. The plants don't look generally droopy either. What makes you think it's over-watering?

Overwatering causes root problems, root problems causes uptake problems and uptake problems causes these symptoms. Not sure if yours are from overwatering by the way, the yellow tips i mean. But i do see the bloated looking droopy leaves which is a sign of overwatering usually.

F

fliege

Overwatering causes root problems, root problems causes uptake problems and uptake problems causes these symptoms. Not sure if yours are from overwatering by the way, the yellow tips i mean. But i do see the bloated looking droopy leaves which is a sign of overwatering usually.

OK, thanks. I will try dialing back the water. I've not had over-watering problems in the past, but I think this soil could be a little more dense than what I've used before.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
OK, thanks. I will try dialing back the water. I've not had over-watering problems in the past, but I think this soil could be a little more dense than what I've used before.

Bro compost holds much water usually. Just lift the pots and water when they feel light. Don’t let it completely dry either. Thats important too.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Over watered and sever Ca deficiency. Soil chemistry doesn't allow Ca to be up taken at a high rate when the soil is over saturated. Dial back the watering and give a healthy dose of Ca.

FatManatee

FatManatee

Overwatering is the biggest problem. Once you fix that, you might be able to run current amount of nutrients just fine.

Top Bottom