Is this Nutrient burn?9⁰

• Thread starter SabreWelder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigCube

BigCube

true but - if he doesnt fix his watering problem. Thrips wont have anything to eat soon.

Neem oil right? For those bugs.

I would never use neem. Insecticidal soap is enough. Its organic, it breaks down fast, no residue. Might need a few applications in worse case scenarios, but it works well.

I start with removing all the obvious damage. Then I bib the plant (placing a sheet of plastic around the stem so no water can get in the pot) take it to my shower head and hose it down.

Sometimes that's enough. I'll let it rest a few days after that and assess. If they are still around, I hit them with the insecticidal soap.

I dont get pests normally due to proper procedures. But recently I rescued a plant from my father that had horrible thrips. Worst case I've seen.

I have a free tent atm so I quarantined it and gave it the above treatment a few days ago. Havent seen a single one since.
I'll give it another week before I take it out of quarantine.

Also I'm not saying he has thrips. He has none of the symptoms. He does have some pest symptoms though, and without going over it myself or him finding something and telling us, I wouldn't be able to tell. But it's not thrips. He would have silver white spots all over lower leaves.

SabreWelder

SabreWelder

Man thanks for all the help.. few hours from now ill be home and ill check them again and see how theyre doing.

Ill check everything you guys have posted and check back with yall.. 👍👍

SabreWelder

SabreWelder

Ok, so after work i stopped at Lowes and purchased a magnifying glass. Got to the house spent about hour-hour and a half going through the whole plants and no sign of bugs or anything.

I keep the tent Very clean, no dead leaves and i clean up all spilt water to try to prevent anything else from forming. Pictures below of what theyre looking like today. I noticed some white tips on some fan leaves.

Not sure where to go from here... opinions??

20191213 185920
20191213 185936
20191213 190533
BigCube

BigCube

You must have missed the part where we talked about thrips several times above

This was his orginal post I was replying to. I reworded it then made a joke "why do I even bother?" With 🤣 so it was even obviously a joke.

All I'm trying to do is help someone. Not sure how anyone took offense from anything I said..

I'm sorry that I offended you, it was not my intention. I'm only here to try and help. I will say one more time, it looks like you have signs of pest damage. I see leaves with chunks missing. No nutrients or watering is going to do that.

Furthermore I doubt he would have made it this long if he's been constantly overwatering. The plant would have died long ago or would show more signs of overwatering.

Hope the OP figures it out.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ah the interwebs ability to mess up a convo. Reminds me of texting the wife... Can't tell tone of voice or body language... We don't argue over text anymore.... To hard to decode eachother

SabreWelder

SabreWelder

Ok fellas... so its been a few days.

I sprayed some insecticidal soap on them on friday just to play it safe (not sure if that was the right thing to do or not) but i still see them droopy, not as bad as they were but im not sure which way to go now. They havent had water since last time i posted. I checked the bottom of the pots and theyre still somewhat moist.

Opinions? Advice??

20191216 190006
20191216 190020
F

Fisher100

It's not bugs the sp250 is a strong light take it to 24 in above plants I use mars lights for veg and bud rooms there a strong light if it was me I would put light at 24 to 28 inches above plants and make sure there is a lot of airflow across the top of my plants people don't have the air flow in my 4x8 bud room I have air in all four corners and two 8 inch turbines coming from top going right back into the bottom these two tun when lights are on
and that don't include one 6 inch turbine exchanging fresh air or one 8 in turbine to remove heat plus why would you use chemical fertilizer??? Its very very easy to grow organic if you like you lungs don't smoke chemicals roots organic is a good food line add recharge some good soil and good to go

Latest posts

Top Bottom