Is this nutrient lockout, call-mag def, micros def, light-stress or all of the above?

• Thread starter Astrons
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Astrons

Hi community,

Been reading the forums a lot in the last few months and been noting down the great pieces of advice that I read here. Thank you for sharing 🙏

Unfortunately, something is happening to my lady, Athina, and I would love your view on what's happening.
My latest attempt to save her was a huge flush (15lt phed water) and a small dose of cal-mag and microbes at the end. I thought it is nut lockout.
My runoff reading was 1000ppm (my water was 90ppm) and at the end of the flush fell to 200ppm (with 30' breaks in between) Ph is 6.4 in and 6.1 out.
I grow in soil, all-mix, fully organic and I use the biobizz complete organic series.

Also, this lady was wayyyyyyy too much bushy, so a lof of defoliation happened during her life. She is also very very late, counting 15weeks now (from germination)

Its a Pinneaple express auto from Barney's farm, my 2nd grow and the first with the biobizz liquid fertilizers

I would really appreciate your lights.

Thx!

Is this nutrient lockout call mag def micros def light stress or all of the above
Is this nutrient lockout call mag def micros def light stress or all of the above 2
Is this nutrient lockout call mag def micros def light stress or all of the above 3
Is this nutrient lockout call mag def micros def light stress or all of the above 4
Is this nutrient lockout call mag def micros def light stress or all of the above 5
Last edited:
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Everything ends up dead.

I think you need to feed it whatever biobizz nutrients you're supposed to give it during flower.

Blastfact

Blastfact

Whats your temps, RH, Lights and how far away are the lights from the tallest kola? In my 50 years of growing I've only had two nutrient lock outs as we call them. And both were coco grows and 20 years apart. One was saved with massive flushing and PH shock and the other the plants died in there pots. Both took place in mid flower.

Choppr

Choppr

she looks to be about in weeks 5 or 6 of flower, which is her hungriest weeks, I would guess you didnt have enough of what she needed, you should have been on her highest dosage's for late flower, so she is naturally cannabalizing herself, she isnt locked out....yet. I would let her dry out mix a "corrective Nutrient Solution" for late flower according to your Product Label. At this point there is nothing you can do, buds look fine(ish), let her do her thing its in her DNA. Weeks 5/6 very important. This is why I grow in Coco I can Correct a Plant Overnight! Good Luck M8

A

Astrons

If I had to guess Id lean towards a K and Mn deficiency with heat stress.

How long have those been in flower?
I dont know friend she is so late in general. She is now starting her 18th week from germ. In flower she is propably around 6-7 week now.. Its an auto.

Whats your temps, RH, Lights and how far away are the lights from the tallest kola? In my 50 years of growing I've only had two nutrient lock outs as we call them. And both were coco grows and 20 years apart. One was saved with massive flushing and PH shock and the other the plants died in there pots. Both took place in mid flower.
Thx for the reply blast, my RH is around 40% (+-5%). Her lights now sits 30 cm from the tallest point which is not in the middle BUT lights was sitting lower, around 25cm most of the flowering time. my Lights are Mars Hydro 100w. (I have a small tent of 50x50cm). My temps now are about 27-30C

she looks to be about in weeks 5 or 6 of flower, which is her hungriest weeks, I would guess you didnt have enough of what she needed, you should have been on her highest dosage's for late flower, so she is naturally cannabalizing herself, she isnt locked out....yet. I would let her dry out mix a "corrective Nutrient Solution" for late flower according to your Product Label. At this point there is nothing you can do, buds look fine(ish), let her do her thing its in her DNA. Weeks 5/6 very important. This is why I grow in Coco I can Correct a Plant Overnight! Good Luck M8
I was debating very very hard with myself if the food I'm giving her is too much or not enough... I sadly came to the conclusion that I'm burning her with the too much food and she was locked out. In general I was montsly feeding her her whole life, rarely watering with just plain water.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Thx for the reply mystic. Is it from underfeeding or from nut. lockout though? What's your guess?
Disclaimer: I've never grown an auto.

I'm going to guess it's a calcium deficiency, because it's on upper leaves. It could be caused by pH. If your water is going in at 6.4 and coming out at 6.1, the soil itself could be under 6.0, which is pushing it.

A

Astrons

I'm going to guess it's a calcium deficiency, because it's on upper leaves. It could be caused by pH. If your water is going in at 6.4 and coming out at 6.1, the soil itself could be under 6.0, which is pushing it.
Thx, I guessed that too 2-3 weeks ago and was giving her extra cal-mag in every feed. She showed she was recovering, then this happened...

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I'm wondering what the watering practices are. Over-watering will acidify the soil. Both calcium and magnesium are best absorbed by your plants if your soil is above 6.0. Take a look at the picture below.

Soil pH range

Moshmen

Moshmen

These are autoflowers and looks mostly like a natural fade and possible lockout as well.( the brown spots are and indication of cal and or mag toxicity) again my opinion I do grow autos but only as fill ins anymore. yours are super long autos! At 18 weeks could have grown photos and had more control, just my opinion

Top Bottom