Is this ok do you think? Seedling not opening and is darker colored

• Thread starter cannafarmer420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ Indica
Supporter
This came up yesterday, took the seed off it and it's not opening. The other ones are and I've never seen this before....

Is this ok do you think seedling not opening and is darker colored
Is this ok do you think seedling not opening and is darker colored 2
Is this ok do you think seedling not opening and is darker colored 3
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ Indica
Supporter
Grit your teeth and leave it alone. Plants do what they do. They don't need our help. Bet in a week or so you will be embarrassed about asking.
I imagine I will be, I've never seen it before the seed was stuck though so I was wondering about the health of it in general.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ Indica
Supporter
hard to see..
maybe the skin of the seed is still on?.
this outdoors? looks to be soaking wet?
No I used a spray bottle to mist it because the seed was stuck on it prior so I misted the surface. The spray doesn't Penitrate the soil at all, it will dry out in an hour or so. I've had many a seed be stuck but they were good almost right after I removed it. Was wondering if something was wrong with the cotyledons. Ever since I tried autos they have been so finicky I am putting them all outside to use them up and running my photos indoors.

Choppr

Choppr

never put fans on seedlings, or the embryonic skin will dry out, stop wetting top soil or it will dampin-off and die, if your worried, put drops of water only on the coty's only, every 4 hrs until she opens, keep lighting on until she opens. (if you keep wetting top soil fungus travels on the top of the wet soil to the yummy green stem(food)- always water a 1/2" to 1" away from the base of the stem in seedling stage. see damping-off) good luck

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ Indica
Supporter
never put fans on seedlings, or the embryonic skin will dry out, stop wetting top soil or it will dampin-off and die, if your worried, put drops of water only on the coty's only, every 4 hrs until she opens, keep lighting on until she opens. (if you keep wetting top soil fungus travels on the top of the wet soil to the yummy green stem(food)- always water a 1/2" to 1" away from the base of the stem in seedling stage. see damping-off) good luck
That's what I was worried about damping off but oddly enough the cotyledons were stuck and the serrated started so I pull them apart to expose the serrated leaves space maybe it recovers maybe not. The only reason. They are starting in 3 gallons is because they are autos for outdoors. I'm mostly focusing on my indoor which is super happy in their SOLO cups lol I am used to photos started in the solos so sutps in a big pot kind if sucks. But with my lack of indoor space I need to get my weight outdoors in a short short growing season. None of my photos finished last year and everyone else got but rot or pm. Terrible place to grow outdoors. Thanks for the feedback and "soil" dries out in like 30 mins my soil retains water about as good as coco so it dries out fast. Plus I used a cleaned out sprayer to mist the top since I got lazy with my humidifier.

Choppr

Choppr

The Not Transplanting Autos Directive is correct, meaning dont transplant or up-pot multiple times like we do with photos, but You can easily start your autos in solo's or plastic nursery pots, they will slide right out just like any other Plant, and they wont even know they've been moved, at that time they should be placed in their permanent home and not moved again. Advanced Gardeners will have no Issues at all. I started testing Day Neutral Cannabis in 2019, I bought bulk from Atlas Seed 200 seeds for $600.00 (6 different cultivars- all autos) I have topped, multi-topped and super-cropped many Healthy Vigorous Autos, again an advanced gardener will know "timing is everything" and when to stop. Much of what we were told about Autos is simply untrue and/or directed at Novice Growers. For seed starts You will have no issues at all using solo's, also Atlas Seed Co. Rocks!, their Auto's are 2nd to none. Good Luck @cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ Indica
Supporter
I have had it happen a couple of times. I "fixed" it by leaving it alone. The first time I thought I would "help" and ended up tearing the Cotyledons off.

The Not Transplanting Autos Directive is correct, meaning dont transplant or up-pot multiple times like we do with photos, but You can easily start your autos in solo's or plastic nursery pots, they will slide right out just like any other Plant, and they wont even know they've been moved, at that time they should be placed in their permanent home and not moved again. Advanced Gardeners will have no Issues at all. I started testing Day Neutral Cannabis in 2019, I bought bulk from Atlas Seed 200 seeds for $600.00 (6 different cultivars- all autos) I have topped, multi-topped and super-cropped many Healthy Vigorous Autos, again an advanced gardener will know "timing is everything" and when to stop. Much of what we were told about Autos is simply untrue and/or directed at Novice Growers. For seed starts You will have no issues at all using solo's, also Atlas Seed Co. Rocks!, their Auto's are 2nd to none. Good Luck @cannafarmer420
That is some amazing news and yes I have grown their ice cream cake a couple times and LOVE them! That's why I was disappointed by the autos. Thank you!

20230413 211328
20230404 170020
20221113 170223
20221110 223550
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ Indica
Supporter
The weird one, literally a couple hours after I put it outside had the serrated leaves pop out healthy. The cotyledons are shot but I think it's good

Screenshot 20230528 194515 Gallery
Top Bottom