Is this OK?

• Thread starter mpjm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mpjm

Hey all,

Just wondering about something, I'm hoping I'm just paranoid but you never know...

I'm about to start my 2nd grow in the room built specifically for it. (Legal medical grow), I had a infestation in my 1st attempt in my closet. I ended up throwing the plants out (really long story because they had to be out of the house...) My room is almost done and I'm starting from seed on Friday. Here's the question

I had a 6" fan and a 125 HCF in my closet when I got the infestation, do I need to do anything to them to put them in the room? Is it possible eggs/larve got on them? (I had fungal knats and spider mites.) Or am I being way to paraniod and it's ok to use them?, and if so do I need to wipe them down with bleach water etc...

Thanks all

M

mpjm

so do I need to get a whole new light system? Is that the smartest thing to do here? Or is a good bleach rub down of the existing items ok? I was planning on cleaning them all along, but was wonering and really don't have the money to buy extra lights atm, but if I have to then I have to, Thanks Farm!

R

Rabbi

Clean everything , to military standards (one mistake and you get it). and you should be fine. Bleach/water is good to clean all you equip with.

M

mpjm

One question...can I clean a cfl with bleach water? The inside of the lamp has bugs on it, do i need to just get a new light? or is there someday to wash off bulbs?

Also what about fingerprints on them. Ive heard this causes hot spots...

M

mpjm

One question...can I clean a cfl with bleach water? The inside of the lamp has bugs on it, do i need to just get a new light? or is there someday to wash off bulbs?

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Just a wipe with bleach n water on a paper towel should be fine, just dont use the liquid exxcesivley to completely saturate the towel so it doesnt drip into the bulb by any chance.

Havent heard of dirty bulbs causing hot spots tho?
but you shouldnt have to big of a problem as you are using a cfl rather than an hps, mh 1k
just do another wipe down with a clean paper towel before you use it

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Hey Mpjm, I am in NE Portland, in Oregon.

I have a 250 hps I will donate to you if you can come pick it up.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I offered you a free light. Also I will throw in some Floramite in a gallon sprayer for you that you can have to douche your room in and what not.

If you do not want it is going on CL

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

FLoramite is the SHIT! If i were you i would take smokey up on his offer then resell your light on CL. Don't take any chances with those little bastards as they are the scourge of Satan!

F

frostedlove

Damn smokey

You are always passing on the love around here!

You always taken it one more step then just offer of advise.

Very COOL BRO

FLoramite is the SHIT! If i were you i would take smokey up on his offer then resell your light on CL. Don't take any chances with those little bastards as they are the scourge of Satan!

only resell the light after you set it outside to make sure its clean clean.......dont want to give someone crabs......thats just cold!

Rushoe

Rushoe

Dude take the light and the flora mite I use a 250 in my room pull about 5 6 zips of her per run and I veg with florescent's in the dr 60 I have.Spray your room down with floramite make sure u got on some fucken gloves and mask and try not to get that shit on u....

Top Bottom