Is this Phosphorous deficiency? Lime green growth, red/purple stems, bronze spots

• Thread starter SamRD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

If your in flower I would try some bottle nutes and quickly. They have depleted the medium of food already it looks like. I would brew a compost tea if you know how if you still wanna go organic.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Sorry not trying to roast you, but drives me crazy that you’ve been sold a load of nonsense about how FF soil is some super soil and using mycorrhizal/microorganisms products are beneficial. It’s like strapping a spoiler on your Honda Civic hoping you’ll win a Formula 1 race. A car spoiler does have a use, but freeway driving isn’t one of them. It’s not that these microorganisms products are completely worthless, but they aren’t a magic bullet and unless you have all the basic dialed in, a complete waste of your money.

I can’t speak to the Stepwell products or marine phytoplankton. But really KIS. If your dog was starving and you had a choice between a can of dog food or phytoplankton, which will you give your dog? It’s not that bloom boosters or phytoplankton are bad, but they’re not going to providing all the nutrients, vitamins and minerals that your plant (or dog) needs. And unless you’re really experienced horticulturalist it’s much better to stick with compound/mixed fertilizer product (which contains the full complement of NPK and micro nutrients. Going back to the dog analogy, people do make their own dog food. But most people aren’t biologist or nutritionist and unless you know the fundamentals, are better off feeding their dogs food made by experts.)

It’s great that your growing organically. Lots of good reasons to continue. But for being so basic (humans have been organic growing for over 100,000 years) it’s definitely harder to do indoors than using synthetic fertilizers. Mainly because you’re trying to recreate and environment in your closet that nature has spent millions of years perfecting, and much harder to make corrections. Organic fertilizers aren’t plant available. This means that there’s an intermediate steps between applying the fertilizer and your plants being feed (and where your GW & Recharge products fit in). But it’s no easy task to figure out how how long any specific fertilizers will take before it’s of any use. For instance you may read about using egg shells for Ca. Sure egg shells are fine to throw in your compost, but the Ca won’t be available to your plants for many years. Rock phosphate will take 1/2 year before it provides phosphate for your veggies. When you look at a product like Stepwell Soil Bloom, you need to look at the ingredients, and then figure out if these ingredients will actually be plant available in 8 weeks before you harvest. The alfalfa will, I doubt the wollastonite will (but honestly have no freaking clue).

So don’t be afraid to just pick up a bottle of Dyna-Grow, Jacks, General Hydroponics or any of the other “Grow” blends. Then as you gain more gardening experience, you’ll be better positioned to use more and more natural products. And just to be clear, using a synthetic fertilizers isn’t going to poisoning your organics. Even if you’re doing great with your organic grow, using a synthetic fertilizer won’t burn up your microorganisms or nuke your environment. You can safely mix synthetics with your organics to get yourself back on track.
You’re obviously a synthetic nute grower lol. I would have disagree and say organics is one of the easiest low maintenance ways to to grow Mary Jane. No I don’t suggest buying egg shells and mixing one ingredient at a time trying to “recreate nature” lol. There’s also bagged mixes that come readily mixed just like the synthetic stuff with all the right ratios of organic amendments. Yes it is true the nutrients aren’t readily available so top dress a week ahead of when you want the nutes to take hold or brew a compost tea who go makes it readily available so you can fix any deficiency. Whether your gr get owing organic or using synthetic we all are recreating nature in our closets. It’s all about environment. Don’t be discouraged to go organic there’s lots of Mis information for biased opinions.
So don’t be afraid to pick up a bag or roots organics terp tea grow and bloom or similar dry organic amendments for a low maintenance, no ph checking, water when dry grow.
Also wanna mention Recharge is a magic product lol I notice a difference everytime one I use that stuff but beware of fake hyped up products and do your research for the style of growing that best fits and good luck!

mancorn

mancorn

You’re obviously a synthetic nute grower lol. I would have disagree and say organics is one of the easiest low maintenance ways to to grow Mary Jane. No I don’t suggest buying egg shells and mixing one ingredient at a time trying to “recreate nature” lol. There’s also bagged mixes that come readily mixed just like the synthetic stuff with all the right ratios of organic amendments. Yes it is true the nutrients aren’t readily available so top dress a week ahead of when you want the nutes to take hold or brew a compost tea who go makes it readily available so you can fix any deficiency. Whether your gr get owing organic or using synthetic we all are recreating nature in our closets. It’s all about environment. Don’t be discouraged to go organic there’s lots of Mis information for biased opinions.
So don’t be afraid to pick up a bag or roots organics terp tea grow and bloom or similar dry organic amendments for a low maintenance, no ph checking, water when dry grow.
Also wanna mention Recharge is a magic product lol I notice a difference everytime one I use that stuff but beware of fake hyped up products and do your research for the style of growing that best fits and good luck!
Mmmm… tea.

8A2386B1 79EA 4C3B 882D 57544716DFD4

48738430 074A 47AD B2C2 3234C92701AF

Glassdub

Glassdub

Organics gone sideways can be really hard to correct.

Tell me about it my first time did early to mid flower never to return, getting ready to cut in a week or so & cut my losses.

IMG 20210804 115133
Top Bottom