Is this possibly Phosphorus lockout?

• Thread starter Stugots
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stugots

Stugots

Hey Farmers,

I think I have a bit of a situation here and I have no idea how to proceed. I’m growing in Pro-mix HP with 30% Perlite. Outdoor, in 3gal cloth pots. I usually water twice a week till 10-20% run-off. Nutrients are Dutch Nutrients Pot. Sil/ Botanicare Cal-Mag/ GH 3-part Flora / GH Diamond Nectar/ organic Unsulphered molasses. I usually give at least 1/4 strength nutrients with every feeding.
Here are the last couple watering:

Water I’m giving is fresh spring water @280ppm

Aug 13th - 6.3ph@335ppm (3.6L) (1.5tsp molasses) run-off= 6.2/700ppm
(Some rain in between)
Aug 20th - 6.2ph@425ppm (4L) (2tsp Molasses) run-off= 6.3/730ppm
(Again a little more rain, built a canopy for them now)
Aug 26th - 6.0ph@420ppm (2tsp molasses) run-off= 6.4/860ppm

I’ve been trying to raise the ph from 6.2 to 6.4 to hopefully help with phosphorus uptake.

Next watering I’ll have to keep it light on nutrients to lower the ppm. The Aug 26th watering I changed to 3:2:1 bloom/micro/gro cause of the transition to flower in hopes to help with the purple edging of leaves and dryness. Maybe my ratios are off?
Example of Aug 20th watering And prior:
4L =
0.5ml Pot Sil
1ml Cal-Mag
1ml Micro/Gro/Bloom
2ml Nectar
2 tsp molasses
=425ppm

Aug 26th:
3L
0.5ml Pot Sil
0.5ml Cal-Mag
0.6ml Micro
0.3ml Gro
1ml Bloom
1ml Nectar
2 tsp molasses
=420ppm (giggity giggity)

This is from bag seed, Pineapple Express. I know sativa’s get that nice purple colour during flower but I don’t think thissss is it.

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Is this possibly phosphorus lockout
Is this possibly phosphorus lockout 2
Is this possibly phosphorus lockout 3
Stugots

Stugots

One thing to add is I changed from city water (120-150ppm) to this fresh spring water (280ppm) mid grow... I wonder if the harder water which obviously contains more calcium is causing the lockout? The new growth on my plants prior seemed lighter green compared to other pictures people post, so I thought if I maintained the same formula/recipe after my water change it would help... which I actually believe it did because the new growth on my other plant looks beautiful. This plant however, nooot so much.

chemistry

chemistry

If your putting in 420 and your runoff is 860, then your not watering enough to flush out the old salts and they have built up.

Top Bottom