Is this Powdery mildew or not

• Thread starter Gmix
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gmix

Gmix

I hope it’s so not as it’s such a pain if it is being a medical user I can’t afford to close down & bleach the room loads. Nor can I be smoking Chemically sprayed cannabis.

the leaves In the pic did have a white power that doesn’t totally wipe off & one of the plants it’s at the top witch look different & don’t wipe of but look like early spider mites damage with yellow dots.

I think its powdery mildew however I also added to much potash only reason I mention is because of the yellow dots.

Can anyone help us, thanks
Oh what a Depressing miserable day

Is this powdery mildew or not
Is this powdery mildew or not 2
Is this powdery mildew or not 3
Ponky

Ponky

Looks like something else. To make sure get a UV flashlight and look at the plants right before or right after the lights. And any fungus will be visible plain as day.
Something cheap works fine.

Gmix

Gmix

Ok i got one on the way let’s hope I don’t have a fungus problem, thanks very much for the swift reply.

What do others think fungus or ?

Gmix

Gmix

Looks like something else. To make sure get a UV flashlight and look at the plants right before or right after the lights. And any fungus will be visible plain as day.
I should of asked what does fungus look like under uv light blotchy & visible thought out the leaf ?

D

dean1963

great thanks ponky, now i have to buy yet more stuff.
but i like stuff so no big deal.
lol

Gmix

Gmix

Well I figured what the yellow dots were as I first thought spider mites. Ordered a bunch of nematodes to deal with them ; I hope.

The one I showed the leaves I think after pulling a few more leaves of apart from the one in the middle witch is spider mite damage is fungi one had almost 1/2 tsp of white powder on it.

It don’t think it has spread to the other plants it’s a big leafed compact indica, I should have Defoliated it but haven’t been well.

I was in the outside garden a few weeks ago I changed my clothes but left them in the same room my grow rooms in hence the mites maybe that or just bad luck .

Fungi & spider mites what sort of luck is that

Last edited:
Gmix

Gmix

Yeah I think so, There is various types of mildew and I wiped That Life is to see if it come off so it may have looked different.

I kinda need some help bad tbh

I’ve never dealt with powdery mildew and I don’t know if it’s already spread and it hasn’t shown yet or if the others have some sort of resilience, Which might go downhill considering the spider mites.

The plants are in flower so I can’t be spraying and harsh chemicals about that and I don’t get on to well with Chemicals due to my Rare disability.

So far all I’ve seen is a few fan leaves Which were in the part that’s not getting enough air
Will improving the air flow keep it at bay or do I need to treat it.

If so will can I use water & Bicarbonate soda to wipe the leaves down.

How aggressive is pm

Tbh I really don’t know if to try save them or just bin the lot & move to another room

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

If you are still in vegg you could foliar spray/ drench milk. Dosent need to be specific but it's a sure treatment to cure powdery mildew and dosent hurt and can only benefit

Gmix

Gmix

Thanks any help at all is very much appreciated.

Am in flower I thought about that & was going to ask about spaying that in flower however guess you just Answered that.

I guess bicarbonate of soda and isn’t something we want to be spraying of flowers either ?

Homesteader

Homesteader

Greencure has worked for me in the past. Not sure how far into flower you are but that will brown everything up if you do.

Gmix

Gmix

The Bicarbonate of soda will brown up everything I take it you mean. I’m 23 days into flower there is quite a few flowering buds on 4 plants

Gmix

Gmix

Nvm after talking to someone irl I’m going to cut my losses & kill them.

I don’t think I want to be smoking pm & spider mites poop even washed it’s in the plant, safer,easier & less worry about the spores floating all over the house.

It hurts but I’d rather close down clean up & restart fresh in another room that be chasing pm spores.

Sad but lesson learnt big time.

Gmix

Gmix

no I didn’t have enough air flow & had a crowded room. Main culprit was a very compact indica I Didn’t defoliate.
The mites well that’s my fault, was in the outside garden, changed my clothes however left them in the same room my grow was. Oh yeah very disappointed still I broke the rules & can only blame myself. Case of bite the bullet & lesson lernt

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

We learn and we get better we can always ask and prevent but even tho it feels so personal when it's our fault but look at it as a lesson that will keep you more vigilant I had boytris in my earlier crops awhile back and learned and could guarantee it hasent and won't happen again good luck on the next run champ

Gmix

Gmix

i was waiting for my Carer to come round & help get rid of the dead plants in the meantime I have been scouring the leaves every day & can’t see any leaves at all white anymore white patches on them.

Is it possible because I have improved the Environment, caught it early enough that it didn’t get hold, I know it’s in the plant so I’m very confused as to why it’s not progressing even with the environment change if I’m honest.

I did buy £50 worth of Nematodes To deal with the spider mites before I noticed the white stuff as I caught them very early but that was on the 26th and with the strike they haven’t come so the plants may yet get killed. However they might not due to the new grow set up taking longer than expected & no sign of p.m.

Tbh if there was any more pm 100% no matter what they would be dead

Gmix

Gmix

Well I don’t know enough about pm resilience or pm in general enough to understand what’s going on Which is Infuriating I must admit.

However as I 100% can’t see anymore p.m. I don’t mind saving them so as I had brought the Nematodes and so I may as well use them as they arrived today.

25 sachets containing 750 of the more ferocious ones and 1 million of the others.

So they should be gone soon esp as the supplier has sent me more due to the lateness of the order.

I’ve got both as the more Ferocious ones Prefer Lower temps and 60% humidity they won’t die they will just avoid the heat & hang around the middle & lower leaves And find it harder to Reproduce.

The other ones don’t mind higher temps & lower humidity so much so they will eat up anything that’s left. Interestingly those ones can live on pollen if there’s no other food.

Top Bottom