Is this ready for harvest : The best photo that I could take

• Thread starter zllzn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zllzn

zllzn

Hello farmers,

My 2nd grow. The first one was infested with bud rot.

l couldnt get a hold of a better camera and I was wondering if based on these photos, our community could help me out based on experience, on the timing of the harvest of this baby.

Day 73 Northern Lights Automatic from #whitelabelseedcompany

Indoor grow, coco coir, mars hydro sp150 from seed to flower, heads method using General Hydroponics MicroGrow and MicroBloom from veg to flowering.

Have stopped giving nutes a week ago and just watering with PH adjusted water.
Buds look like they are getting bigger by the day but I worry of harvesting early or late due to equipment limitation (camera, microscope, etc) in checking the trichomes properly.

Ave temp around 24-28deg C
RH 60%

Photo is shot using Samsung Galaxy Note 9.

Thank you for your comments!
Is this ready for harvest  the best photo that i could take
Is this ready for harvest  the best photo that i could take 2
Is this ready for harvest  the best photo that i could take 3
Is this ready for harvest  the best photo that i could take 4

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

At least 2-3 more weeks those stigmas ( the hairs ) will turn orange and curl over when bud is getting ripe and ready for harvest. Go to a hobby store and get a loop cheap and easy way to check. You wanna look at trichomes on the bud not sugar leaves. You wanna see mostly milky and some amber at harvest or more amber for couch lock.

zllzn

zllzn

At least 2-3 more weeks those stigmas ( the hairs ) will turn orange and curl over when bud is getting ripe and ready for harvest. Go to a hobby store and get a loop cheap and easy way to check. You wanna look at trichomes on the bud not sugar leaves. You wanna see mostly milky and some amber at harvest or more amber for couch lock.
Thanks, I saw a usb wifi microscope that can magnify the trichomes. If I have to wait 2-3wks then, I would have time to buy one. Appreciate your reply!

zllzn

zllzn

Also looks like it's been trying to re-veg, are you sure it's completely dark in there with the lights off?
Yes completely dark, I dont know if the irregular light schedule may affect re-veg, as the auto timer I had was not working in the past 3wks and I havent bought a new one. So Im doing manual opening and closing of the lights which I sometimes forget to turn on or off on to get a proper light pattern... Thank you for observation. Appreciate it!

AKgrow

AKgrow

Its the amount of darkness the plant gets that triggers flowering. It needs 12 hours of dark so if it is getting some longer days it will definitely try to re-veg. This leaf is what gave it away for me
20211204 0949132

zllzn

zllzn

Great insight. Thanks.
So I need to recalibrate to 12hrs darkness so it gets back to flowering and eventually harvest?

AKgrow

AKgrow

Weird, that looks like it trying to re-veg, but it shouldn't do that if it's an autoflower. Its stressed out about something, maybe bunk genetics, maybe too much nitrogen.

S

sshortguy1

there's not much on them though, you're missing something, if anyone can beat me to that word I'm looking for
Its the amount of darkness the plant gets that triggers flowering. It needs 12 hours of dark so if it is getting some longer days it will definitely try to re-veg. This leaf is what gave it away for meView attachment 1194342
when I flowered mine back in the early 90s I went 8hrs on 16 off, but like in all gardening it's what works best in soils fertilizers, etc, has anyone ever watched youtube the ganjier with Derek Gillman? I picked up a lot more than I did back then, very knowledgeable on the subject

zllzn

zllzn

there's not much on them though, you're missing something, if anyone can beat me to that word I'm looking for

when I flowered mine back in the early 90s I went 8hrs on 16 off, but like in all gardening it's what works best in soils fertilizers, etc, has anyone ever watched youtube the ganjier with Derek Gillman? I picked up a lot more than I did back then, very knowledgeable on the subject
Couldnt quite get what you meant on the first paragraph :)

Havent watched Derek Gillman yet, will try to look him up.
For my autos, I didnt really follow the 12in/12off light cycle, as I presumed, autos will flower even on an 8/16, 10/14 or 12/12. I dont know if my presumption is correct though... Hopefully I did justice to my 2nd grow. Looking forward to growing more (and successfully very soon), but more importantly, learning and engaging more in this community.

Thank you for your response!

zllzn

zllzn

Weird, that looks like it trying to re-veg, but it shouldn't do that if it's an autoflower. Its stressed out about something, maybe bunk genetics, maybe too much nitrogen.
This plant has lots of stories to tell like most of the plants being posted in different threads. I wouldnt deny the fact that there would be stress with the plant.
Ive had earlier problems with it during veg stage and I thought I was able to correct it until the final stretch where it grew up higher than my grow light.
Had to cut the excess buds that grew. Then, those buds uploaded earlier were left after cutting.
20210923 095555
20211112 092401

Top Bottom