Is this ready to harvest? - Sorry for the noob question.

• Thread starter DjEclipse
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DjEclipse

DjEclipse

Hello,

I apologize if the forums get filled with these questions around this time but I am a first time grower and have no idea if these are ready to harvest. Strand is Bubba Kush femanised.

The last pic is the full plant.

I it started out as an indoor grow in February and they never got very big. I planted them outside in May and they started growing. I think they reason they weren't growing in the grow tent was the pot was too small. Once they started flowering I tried some low stress training to get light to all the bud sites.

These pics are of the top flower, the lower ones are less mature.

I can't really tell if the trichomes are clear or milky. I have a jewel loop but it is only 10x magnification and still can't make it out. are these zoomed in phone pics sufficient?

If these tops are ready to harvest can i cut them ns let the lower less mature ones flower still, or do I have to harvest it all at once?

I am in Ontario, how do I know when to harvest? Are these close?

Thank you.

Is this ready to harvest   sorry for the noob question
Is this ready to harvest   sorry for the noob question 2
Is this ready to harvest   sorry for the noob question 3
December 17th full
Jermamma420

Jermamma420

Hello,

I apologize if the forums get filled with these questions around this time but I am a first time grower and have no idea if these are ready to harvest. Strand is Bubba Kush femanised.

The last pic is the full plant.

I it started out as an indoor grow in February and they never got very big. I planted them outside in May and they started growing. I think they reason they weren't growing in the grow tent was the pot was too small. Once they started flowering I tried some low stress training to get light to all the bud sites.

These pics are of the top flower, the lower ones are less mature.

I can't really tell if the trichomes are clear or milky. I have a jewel loop but it is only 10x magnification and still can't make it out. are these zoomed in phone pics sufficient?

If these tops are ready to harvest can i cut them ns let the lower less mature ones flower still, or do I have to harvest it all at once?

I am in Ontario, how do I know when to harvest? Are these close?

Thank you.
Probably another month, or as Trump would say: "Two weeks".

DjEclipse

DjEclipse

Probably another month, or as Trump would say: "Two weeks".

Thank you for the quick reply.

Oh really? So these are what clear trichomes look like? I really can't tell.

I probably don't have a month being in southern Ontario, tonight is going to be 9 deg C (46 deg F). It looks a little warmer this coming week though.

Last edited:
BudBogart

BudBogart

Nobody can see your trichomes in these pics, but your pistils are still healthy and growing so you have a ways to go.
Those pistils will start to fade before the trichomes mature from clear to milky to amber.

DjEclipse

DjEclipse

Nobody can see your trichomes in these pics, but your pistils are still healthy and growing so you have a ways to go.
Those pistils will start to fade before the trichomes mature from clear to milky to amber.

I bought a 30x magnifying glass, I hope to get better pics once it comes in.

Thank you for the reply.

DjEclipse

DjEclipse

Ok so now I had a few flowers start to turn hermie with a few seed spores. I cut off the entire branch that had this take place, is there anything else I can do?

Also if I dry it will the bud be any decent for smoking?

Rooke

Rooke

Ok so now I had a few flowers start to turn hermie with a few seed spores. I cut off the entire branch that had this take place, is there anything else I can do?

Also if I dry it will the bud be any decent for smoking?
do you have a pic of that branch just curious?

DjEclipse

DjEclipse

Here are a few pics. What are your thought's? I swear they weren't there yesterday.

Hermie 1
Hermie 2
916Fisherman

916Fisherman

I don’t see any seeds but maybe I’m missing it. And you really need a scope or jewelers loupe to see the trichomes.

DjEclipse

DjEclipse

I circled the seed sacks in red. There are seeds inside of these, if you squeeze the sacs it feels like there is a seed inside.

I have a jewelers loop ordered.

Hermie  seeds 1
Hermie seeds 2
Hermie seeds 3
DjEclipse

DjEclipse

That last pic looks like a male flower to me.

Are you saying the entire plant is male or Hermie? They are supposed to be famanised, but it is an outdoor grow.

All pics are from the same stem of the larger plant. The initial pics I posted are of the same plant as well.

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

Oh ya last pic is a sack lol. You can always pluck them off early in flower if you see them or keep em for the seeds and smoke

JerryGarcia

JerryGarcia

Are you saying the entire plant is male or Hermie? They are supposed to be famanised, but it is an outdoor grow.

All pics are from the same stem of the larger plant. The initial pics I posted are of the same plant as well.

The male flower is on the lower right in the last photo. This means that your plant is a hermie. But don't stress out over it. You can remove the male flowers. You'll end up with some seeds, but that's not the end of the world.

DjEclipse

DjEclipse

The male flower is on the lower right in the last photo. This means that your plant is a hermie. But don't stress out over it. You can remove the male flowers. You'll end up with some seeds, but that's not the end of the world.

The last photo of my original post or the one I made today? I am very new to this and maybe I can remove the male if it's an entire plant?

JerryGarcia

JerryGarcia

The last photo of my original post or the one I made today? I am very new to this and maybe I can remove the male if it's an entire plant?
Look at DJEclipses post. In the last pic, he's circled the male flower. Male flowers look like little beach balls....and they will have a noticeable stem.

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

It’s not a male it’s a hermie. No point in removing at this point 🤷‍♂️

Latest posts

Top Bottom