Is This Root Rot Forming?

• Thread starter rosco23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rosco23

rosco23

Phosporous,whats your ph at

Another comment on my ppm going up 10-20ppm. I don’t know if my thinking is correct but this would make sense because I’ve now introduced my vertical hanging HPS fixtures now that I’m in flowering. Room is at 79 degrees up from 72 in veg.

Increased transpiration due to higher temps would make ppm go up...right? Lol

Sonnyhad

Sonnyhad

I'm in veg still just replaced a couple messed up plants with clones.

greencraft

greencraft

Awesome thread lots of great info here ! hydroguard is good stuff . I experienced these same problems
in the past regenaroot and wiltguard worked really well for me saved my crop I was ready to throw in the towel
and start over complete turnaround in one week .

Z

zertrock

Thats is not rot trust me..I bet you put your grow stones in without rinsing them????That is just the sediment/powder left on the stones..Your water level is rinsing the stones causeing the granular seidment to settle on your roots..Totally common, as your roots get bigger it will go away. You may see some sediment on the bottoms of your buckets as well. I would stray away from anything orgainc in this system..Instant foam party..Keep it sterile. Watermax Roots at 10ml per gal to be on the safe side and roots will shine white.Hope this helps.

rosco23

rosco23

Phosporous,whats your ph at

Heisen everything has been going well i will post some update pics when i get home from work. I do have a question or two about an issue i noticed this morning and took a couple pictures..

Very thin growth on the tops the fan leaves seem stresssed up top, pointing up and skinny. I lowered the ph yesterday more than usual. Can lowering the ph have this effect? I flipped to 12/12 on 8/9 everything has been good thus far. Also before you comment on color, they are lush green (some deficient spots here and there) but its hard to get a “healthy” looking picture when the spydrx plus are on because they are so fucking bright lol. They look great in the 3 pics with the lights off.

Ppm is about 800 on the .5 scale.

Any suggestions? Thanks dude!

93DE37D0 0BE5 4451 9400 F8136F805E90
7E2B1894 8E24 4325 BD7C 3BE0DA135E27
914A63F7 9BA7 4D34 969C 84FA9B65A7DF
8C0D4143 AE99 4166 A3D2 36683C802689
EC9AEFA4 CC05 4369 A8DD 54BA07A20C96
rosco23

rosco23

i wouldnt add any of that other stuff man,I have had bad experience trying to save plants in the past but yours arent that bad.I think the majority of what you are seeing is stain and algae stain.Just keep doing what your doing.
Is the Ph dropping and and the PPM going up.If not dont worry about it.
When you see the PPM rising and ph falling than you need to take drastic measures.
Just keep the hydroguard in and you may have to add some more.Might not hurt to do a water change if you think it will help but at this point i think your ok

I saw on another forum where i guy was running Canna, you mentioned you always need to run the B higher than the A. I had considered this before i saw you post it but the guys at house and garden are vehemently against it lol

Any input on doing that? I’d be afraid of lockout but want to hear your experience with it. I’m running Aqua flakes now.

H

heisen

Heisen everything has been going well i will post some update pics when i get home from work. I do have a question or two about an issue i noticed this morning and took a couple pictures..

Very thin growth on the tops the fan leaves seem stresssed up top, pointing up and skinny. I lowered the ph yesterday more than usual. Can lowering the ph have this effect? I flipped to 12/12 on 8/9 everything has been good thus far. Also before you comment on color, they are lush green (some deficient spots here and there) but its hard to get a “healthy” looking picture when the spydrx plus are on because they are so fucking bright lol. They look great in the 3 pics with the lights off.

Ppm is about 800 on the .5 scale.

Any suggestions? Thanks dude!
Usually heat stress or strain related

H

heisen

I saw on another forum where i guy was running Canna, you mentioned you always need to run the B higher than the A. I had considered this before i saw you post it but the guys at house and garden are vehemently against it lol

Any input on doing that? I’d be afraid of lockout but want to hear your experience with it. I’m running Aqua flakes now.
1 ho 2 ratio of a and b mixes is about what all nute manufacturers call for unless they say other wise

rosco23

rosco23

1 ho 2 ratio of a and b mixes is about what all nute manufacturers call for unless they say other wise

Yeah aqua flakes is 1:1. I think I’ll stick with that ratio and make sure to tweak a few other things next run. Thanks dude.

H

heisen

Last week I use dry kool bloom.really flattens them up about 150 ppm only.stgaight water flush is pointless unless you wanna do it the last 3 days before chop.its not like dirt.once you cut them off there cut off.

rosco23

rosco23

Last week I use dry kool bloom.really flattens them up about 150 ppm only.stgaight water flush is pointless unless you wanna do it the last 3 days before chop.its not like dirt.once you cut them off there cut off.

so just 150ppm of dry kool bloom for about a week? no base nutes? sorry for all the questions this is my first hydro grow lol

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

Roots dont look bad,Do not run H202 at ALL in your system.That shit is bad man,It kills off everything but also creates the perfect environment for explosive bacterial growth after it leaves the system.I only use a small drop in seed starting water to keep seeds from hardening off when transplanted.I would not change the res on sunday.Leave the hydroguard in there to build there army.In a few days your gonna see root growth like youve never seen.I would wait 10 days before you change the water.If you have tanks to store the water in its best to get your hydroguard in there a couple days before and aerate the water with an aquarium pump.
Thats what i use in my top off reservoir and it stays crystal clean.Looks like you got past the first step of taking some solid advice,Congrats.The rest is easy
I don't run hydro, but I was looking at the aerating water with the aquarium pump. Does this only apply to hydro or I can do the same with soil ? Aerating the water with an air stone a day or 2 before watering

rosco23

rosco23

I don't run hydro, but I was looking at the aerating water with the aquarium pump. Does this only apply to hydro or I can do the same with soil ? Aerating the water with an air stone a day or 2 before watering

ive never heard of anyone aerating water outside of aeroponics or hydroponics. in all my time in coco or sunshine. you would want to incorporate something like grow stones or perlite if you are looking to oxygenate your root zone in soil or coco.

H

heisen

I'm sure it would work.i personally dont like the air stone anymore and prefer the filter.seems like it keeps the water cleaner

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

ive never heard of anyone aerating water outside of aeroponics or hydroponics. in all my time in coco or sunshine. you would want to incorporate something like grow stones or perlite if you are looking to oxygenate your root zone in soil or coco.
I added a bunch of perlite to my soil and a few other things. I was just wondering if the additional oxygen would be good for the water before feeding , or if it helps in any way.

H

heisen

I think he is talking about to remove chlorine and add his nutrients into a tank to use to feed the plants

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

I'm sure it would work.i personally dont like the air stone anymore and prefer the filter.seems like it keeps the water cleaner
Just wondering because I have an aquarium pump and airstones so I thought it could be helpful but seems like it has minimal gain for the trouble

Top Bottom