Is this setup good?

• Thread starter MixxLV
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CashCrops

If you know how to scrog well than yea that can work just fine. I personally would run non auto run only two plants in that tent. Scrog them until the net is full and then flip it 12/12. This would take longer to get finished but the end result would be worth it.

C

CashCrops

This is an example of how it can work for you: Youtube

Only thing is I would get fans on the top of the canopy and get rid of a lot of the leaves during veg.

tsunami

tsunami

My set up was Green Crack growen in a 1m tent with 480w of Vero29 led lights,general hydroponics rainforest66 (13gal res) and a 1/10HP Echo chiller, used 50% general hydroponics flora series feed chart. 4 plants Yielded 515gr. I haven't grown with soil but only hydro. Its worth it but you have to stay right on top of every thing to keep it chuggin along. This was my second grow and still need to be better at pruning.

Mysecondgrow
I

Ikkt

I use hydro in part because it's lower maintenance than potting soil/handwatered culture. If you use a good nutrient solution there is not much concern with pH, I'm fine from 4.5 to 6.5 and it's usually in that range without doing anything. With soil/handwatered soilless two weeks vacation are a problem you don't know with robust hydro systems.

But to the real issues here:
First your link is to a standard home box set for soil, so either you're in the wrong section or a main part of the setup is missing.
Second it misses a carbon filter and suitable fan for extraction.
Third the ballast is magnetic and crapy, the reflector too. These are two things very important for performance and good quality equipment won't cost that much more. I wouldn't cut corners here.
Fourth the tent is only 180 instead of 200 like most iirc. And it's a silver one. It's OK if you don't need it to last long but every silver tent I ever saw was of crapy quality compared to the white ones. Plus the white tents reflect More not less light!
And you'll probably be glad for every centimeter in height.

All in all I'd make up my mind if I only want to use the whole gear for one or two runs or if I want to keep growing for years. For the later I'd look for more high quality gear, it'll cost some but not that much more and is usually very much worth the difference. If you get a good first run you'll have the difference from mag ballast with cheapest reflector to e-ballast with a good one right back with your first harvest.

And a shop that sells a kit without extraction fan and carbon filter seems shady to me. You always need a filter and proper exhaust. ALWAYS!

Latest posts

Top Bottom