Is This Stretching?

• Thread starter TuinKabouter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TuinKabouter

TuinKabouter

And is the plant (LED so-called 300W) too close or too far from the plants? The seedling has a height of around 10cm and the light is 67 cm away (in height) from the plants.
DSC 0056
DSC 0057

TuinKabouter

TuinKabouter

Thanks man, will do that. Never used LEDs. How fucked are the plants? The strain is skunk #1 btw.

dan1989

dan1989

Thanks man, will do that. Never used LEDs. How fucked are the plants? The strain is skunk #1 btw.

Not fucked at all you can cut a drinking straw along the length and place it round the stem and into the grow media for support until it strengthens up. Perhaps a small fan blowing at the tent wall to shake the seedling around a bit would be a good idea. Oh and you'll probably find with that light that the leaves won't actually burn until they're touching the glass. Get it closer!

dan1989

dan1989

Not fucked at all you can cut a drinking straw along the length and place it round the stem and into the grow media for support until it strengthens up. Perhaps a small fan blowing at the tent wall to shake the seedling around a bit would be a good idea. Oh and you'll probably find with that light that the leaves won't actually burn until they're touching the glass. Get it closer!

Reason I said about pointing fan at wall is so it's not blowing directly on the seedling. The air should bounce around the tent and move the seedling around nicely. A nice gentle fluttering of the leaves is all that's needed

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

Its stretcing, be carefull that manufacturer says to leave that light 20inc from your plant, I agree lower it but be careful sprouts are easy to burn, I pop my seeds with a led lightbulb, and when they get a few sets going put her under my grow light, this prevents stretching beacuse you can get 1 bulb allot closet than your whole rig.

Reactions: Ina
Snoleperd

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

I never thought of a straw trick like that, cool, I take a bread wrapper pull the plastic off make a little loop to hold the seedling in place and stick the wire in the dirt, this works, your idea sounds better.

Jordan Hawse

Jordan Hawse

Yeah get that closer if it’s led aswell drop it rite down there stretching like crazy

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Since your on the topic of straws, I use them as a "cast" of sorts of i accidentally bish up a stem or the like.

TuinKabouter

TuinKabouter

Dropped the led to about 30cm from the seedlings, but it seems that I now have three drooping seedlings. What could be the cause here? Is it the effects of the stretching or because of overwatering? To what could I tie them up to?

DSC 0063
Monster762

Monster762

Dropped the led to about 30cm from the seedlings, but it seems that I now have three drooping seedlings. What could be the cause here? Is it the effects of the stretching or because of overwatering? To what could I tie them up to?
Is that led only light? I’ve found my 600w purple led doesn’t do good for seedlings. Once about 5 inches tall it’s fine but just cracking the seeds I run t5.

And what’s your airflow? Fans n where at? Stretchy wirey stems don’t happen in a light breeze.

TuinKabouter

TuinKabouter

Is that led only light? I’ve found my 600w purple led doesn’t do good for seedlings. Once about 5 inches tall it’s fine but just cracking the seeds I run t5.

And what’s your airflow? Fans n where at? Stretchy wirey stems don’t happen in a light breeze.
I'm using a cheap 300W led from Roleadro. Will use two 300w LEDs in a 1m2 tent. Apperently the light breeze was gone when I opened the tent but it's back now. The seedling that got the most air is still standing strong

Monster762

Monster762

I'm using a cheap 300W led from Roleadro. Will use two 300w LEDs in a 1m2 tent. Apperently the light breeze was gone when I opened the tent but it's back now. The seedling that got the most air is still standing strong
Yeah air makes big difference. Roleadro is the new galaxy hydro. If you got the models I think you do they have a good flower spectrum for a cheap led. Lot more red to blue. And uv and ir in em.

Latest posts

Top Bottom