Is this the powdery mildew?

• Thread starter Ben1221
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ben1221

Ben1221

Hi guys. Is this pm? I have only seen this on a couple leaves throughout the whole entire plant? I just sprayed it with dr. Zymes last night. Could this be from that where a pool of it dried?
If you this it is pm is my plant trash? What can I do? It’s been a really rough year growing in mass. Thanks!
Third pic is of my other plant just to show off those crystals
Is this the powdery mildew
Is this the powdery mildew 2
Is this the powdery mildew 3

mancorn

mancorn

Don’t think so. The way it’s thicker in the vein makes me think it is a liquid. PM won’t rub off, so just use a wet rag and try and remove it.

Ponky

Ponky

No. But if you want to know if you get it in the future it shows up under UV light. You can get a UV flash light for 10 bucks.

Ben1221

Ben1221

DF9CC503 053F 4915 8A41 1C43DDE2763E
9CD8C3C4 2960 4533 9A8D 0EB7CFE4E3E7
EF418BE2 990C 4D4A 996C 5CE25AE6CB51
Is this PM? Looks like webs under a scope. It does rub off but looks like PM to me. It’s not everywhere just on outside leaves of smaller buds. Harvest is this Saturday. What do you guys think? My plan if it is would be to thoroughly inspect all buds while harvesting and trimming. Throwing out any that I’m skeptical about. But if it’s just on a outside leave like pictured can I just cut them off?

Ponky

Ponky

View attachment 1176024View attachment 1176025View attachment 1176026Is this PM? Looks like webs under a scope. It does rub off but looks like PM to me. It’s not everywhere just on outside leaves of smaller buds. Harvest is this Saturday. What do you guys think? My plan if it is would be to thoroughly inspect all buds while harvesting and trimming. Throwing out any that I’m skeptical about. But if it’s just on a outside leave like pictured can I just cut them off?
It's PM. To find it all you can use a UV flashlight. It will flouresce. Find all the spots and look at the stems. Remove it. However. It's usually going to result in more and more PM every night. You probably have to spray.

Ben1221

Ben1221

It's PM. To find it all you can use a UV flashlight. It will flouresce. Find all the spots and look at the stems. Remove it. However. It's usually going to result in more and more PM every night. You probably have to spray.
Thanks. Spray with what? Doctor zymes? Safe to spray now and harvest Saturday?

Ponky

Ponky

I can't get anything where I live. I'd have to make a concoction of cinnamon, chamomile tea and PH up. You don't want to spray 3 in 1. Which is all I can get. But depedending where you live you have options. West coast plant therapy. Nuke em plant wash. Home made peroxide spray. Alcohol.

If you can get something to stop it then you water cure. And hopefully your don't taste the gross PM taste. Or you can make extract. I'd remove all the leaves. Literally everyone of them excpet the highest up ones that look the healthiest. Or chop early. PM is a huge b h.

Orwell84

Orwell84

Chop it now while you still can IMHO, a day or two from now it will cover most of your baby's leaves and then the buds.
I've battled PM the last few years with all of the suggested solutions of milk, peroxide, baking soda, apple cider vinegar and isopropyl alcohol and or bud washes and I've thrown away every batch after tasting it.

I had it on a couple of lower leaves on a nice Sativa that could use another week. I chopped and trimmed it immediately knowing that although it could get a bit better with another week I will get to enjoy it instead of throwing it all away.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Ben1221

Ben1221

Thanks for all the advice guys. Unfortunately I can’t chop until Saturday. I also have a UV light on the way. If it’s a lot worse on Saturday then I might just make hash with it.

smaccio

smaccio

Thanks for all the advice guys. Unfortunately I can’t chop until Saturday. I also have a UV light on the way. If it’s a lot worse on Saturday then I might just make hash with it.
I haven't used it so close to harvest, but potassium bicarbonate (1TBSP / gal) did a better job than all the other options for me on WPM. Milk, LCPT, H2O2 sorta worked but the potassium bicarb gave me the best results.

Ben1221

Ben1221

Update. Looking like 1/3 of the plant will be smokable. Is the other 2/3 with pm trash or can I make hash, butter, anything?

Ponky

Ponky

Update. Looking like 1/3 of the plant will be smokable. Is the other 2/3 with pm trash or can I make hash, butter, anything?
PM spores are so small the only process that removes them is distillation. Can you make a oil with butane and wash it with alcohol and make a shatter you can smoke? Yeah. Taste of PM might be an issue. It's a very small spore.

Ben1221

Ben1221

PM spores are so small the only process that removes them is distillation. Can you make a oil with butane and wash it with alcohol and make a shatter you can smoke? Yeah. Taste of PM might be an issue. It's a very small spore.
Ok trash it is then. I just didn’t know if making into butter would kill it and then whatever is left out stomach acid would take care of 🤷🏽‍♂️Lol wishful thinking I guess haha thanks man

Ponky

Ponky

Ok trash it is then. I just didn’t know if making into butter would kill it and then whatever is left out stomach acid would take care of 🤷🏽‍♂️Lol wishful thinking I guess haha thanks man
Yeah its not really edible grade. :(

Pisano

Pisano

PM is systemic so if your environment is in check, could just be in the plant/clones/moms you keep running and just showing up in flower @Orwell84

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

It's too late for this crop, but Actinovate works well to deal with PM and bud rot. It contains a bacteria, Streptomyces lydicus, that competes with PM and bud rot, and keeps them from taking hold. I treat the plants just as flowering starts, in a mix of 1 quart recommended mix with a tablespoon of molasses. Let the mix sit in a warm area to let the bacteria get started, then spray the plants. The bacteria will grow and spread, you don't need to be too worried about thoroughness. I treat my outdoor plants in mid august, no bud rot yet.

PXL 20211007 170708651
Ben1221

Ben1221

It's too late for this crop, but Actinovate works well to deal with PM and bud rot. It contains a bacteria, Streptomyces lydicus, that competes with PM and bud rot, and keeps them from taking hold. I treat the plants just as flowering starts, in a mix of 1 quart recommended mix with a tablespoon of molasses. Let the mix sit in a warm area to let the bacteria get started, then spray the plants. The bacteria will grow and spread, you don't need to be too worried about thoroughness. I treat my outdoor plants in mid august, no bud rot yet.
Do you mean it’s too late to reverse? I’m harvesting tomorrow. Tons of buds have no signs of PM. Inspected with UV light last night. If I see any sign of PM on a bud I’m throwing it out, but I can’t see why I would throw good ones out.

Mrb53

Mrb53

OldManRiver posted the best solution. Preventative is ALWAYS the way to go. I cannot afford the price of Actinovate. Frankster (a member / medical filed / chemical) put together a nano-micelle solution, Organic non-GMO and for pennies in comparison does the same and also addresses pests and residue,for use all the way to harvest
take a peek at the site (not ready for prime time but you get the lowdown on the product and how to buy)
https://castle-frankenstein.com/its...io-stimulant-fungicide-insecticide-surfactant
My daughter is a bio-med engineer and worked for the Water District. She confirmed and said she uses nano-micelle to deal with pathogens for our drinking water...safe, organic.
Plent of North east / east coast (from all the rains and high RH, Hawaii and Euro customers have bought and raved about it. I use it as a preventative and mold killer religiously

Top Bottom