Is this the start of magnesium deficiency?

• Thread starter benjones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

benjones

I looked around on the site and the internet and the closest I could come to symptoms was magnesium deficiency.

The plants are quite a light green colour and one or 2 of them have this discolouration on the tips of the leaves .

Would anyone know what it is please 🙏

Is this the start of magnesium deficiency
Is this the start of magnesium deficiency 2
Is this the start of magnesium deficiency 3
Is this the start of magnesium deficiency 4
Is this the start of magnesium deficiency 5
B

benjones

hi @Aqua Man hope you're well mate

growing in coco with a little perlite ( i'll add more perlite when i repot them ) which i washed and buffered . i am using mega crop 2 part .
water out of the tap is 0.4 , but i dilute it with bottle water to 0.2 . i was then adding calmag bringing it up to 0.4 overall ( 0.2 of calmag ) . then nutrients upto 0.8/0.9 .
yesterdays feed i got the EC upto 1.0/1.1

room temp is 25c
humidity is 58
lights are 18 inches away at 35% mars hydro fce 4800 . i did the phone thing with photone and a diffuser and it says par meter 450 in the middle , 380 or so on the edges

the plants are 23 days old

ohh , i did mess up all other feeds 🙁 . up until yesterdays feed i was using part a and part b in equal amounts of mega crop . for some reason i misread the label .

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

hi @Aqua Man hope you're well mate

growing in coco with a little perlite ( i'll add more perlite when i repot them ) which i washed and buffered . i am using mega crop 2 part .
water out of the tap is 0.4 , but i dilute it with bottle water to 0.2 . i was then adding calmag bringing it up to 0.4 overall ( 0.2 of calmag ) . then nutrients upto 0.8/0.9 .
yesterdays feed i got the EC upto 1.0/1.1

room temp is 25c
humidity is 58
lights are 18 inches away at 35% mars hydro fce 4800 . i did the phone thing with photone and a diffuser and it says par meter 450 in the middle , 380 or so on the edges

the plants are 23 days old

ohh , i did mess up all other feeds 🙁 . up until yesterdays feed i was using part a and part b in equal amounts of mega crop . for some reason i misread the label .
Its ok to run equal with a higher EC. If your going by the veg ratios you want to be around 1.2 right now and up to 1.6 in a week or 2.

for par you want around 200-300 this early in veg but as they fill out 400-600 depending how dialed in you get everything. You may get away with leaving it now that your getting your feed inline

B

benjones

hi @Aqua Man . a little update on my problem .

i re-calibrated my PH meter 3 days ago , it was way off . the 7.0 buffer solution was showing at 6.5 , i was making my water at 5.9 , so in reality it the water was about 5.4 . i am now PHing the water to 6.1 . i just received my order for magnesium sulphate and added it today ( 1 g per gallon, i was adding more calmag the last few days , about 0.4-0.5 EC ) . i have upped the EC to about 1.7 from a 0.2 start . i was also feeding the mega crop as per the instructions on the packet , 1.5 grams part A , 2.5 grams part B , but now feeding the same amount for A and B

i'm hoping by changing all the above that i won't have the issues i was experiencing . i have uploaded some pics , these are 10 days later. what do you think about the changes ?

IMG 6468 1
IMG 6469
IMG 6472
IMG 6473
IMG 6474
IMG 6475
IMG 6476
IMG 6477
B

benjones

Looks like a possible root issue… PH swings can do that. id just stay the course and remove the leaves in the future
thanks mate. i will hopefully will be transplanting them tomorrow . would there be anything visual i should look for ?

B

benjones

Were you able to figure out what caused the yellowing?
i used coco that might not have been buffered as good as it could have been .

from memory , some had it and some didn't and when i potted them up it came back . so i flushed each pot ( 5 gallon ) until the water ran clear and that seemed to have fixed the problem . also i added magnesium sulphate to the feed which helped .

Latest posts

Top Bottom