Is this the start of mold?

• Thread starter Wristle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wristle

Wristle

About 2.5 days of drying. Just checked on everything and noticed this on the leaves. Looks pretty darn wide spread too. It's all just on the drying leaves, nothing on the buds themselves, at least from what I can see.

Humidities been fluctuating from 55% to 75%. Typically sitting at 70. Temp is 24c (75F) usually. Get it down to 20 at night.

Lots of ventilation. 2 fans going depending on humidity.

Am I fucked? :(

IMG 20200904 102739

Madmax

Madmax

I allways trim mine off before i hang.manicure bud up on 1-2ft branch ..

Cut them off if you think its mold.will prevent it from spreading...20 deg is good see if you can get the humidity down to 55-60% or even less

Wristle

Wristle

Can't get the temps down. Wasn't expecting to have this kind of an issue with humidity. Was hoping to keep all this on to slow the drying process. Maybe that's not necessary given the humidity.

Unfortunately I can't trim. Might be able to do it tonight.

Madmax

Madmax

Can't get the temps down. Wasn't expecting to have this kind of an issue with humidity. Was hoping to keep all this on to slow the drying process. Maybe that's not necessary given the humidity.

Unfortunately I can't trim. Might be able to do it tonight.
Thats just it bro.if you dont get temps down a little it will dry too fast.you want to dry it over a period of 2 weeks or even 3 if your temps around 16 deg inside..i do mine in cupboard and hung bout 1.7 high...i dont even use fans as rooms between 16-20 deg and humidity 50%

Wristle

Wristle

Thats just it bro.if you dont get temps down a little it will dry too fast.you want to dry it over a period of 2 weeks or even 3 if your temps around 16 deg inside..i do mine in cupboard and hung bout 1.7 high...i dont even use fans as rooms between 16-20 deg and humidity 50%

Unfortunately there's really nothing I can do about the temps. Just have to make do. Maybe the high humidity will help with that. Almost 3 days and I'm not close to being dry. Could see this going another 3/4 days. Not ideal but better than drying it in two days.

Maybe this picture will give a better idea of what I'm talking about. Also realised the spots might just be chlorophyll that's still breaking down? This is one process I've never been around and have no idea what to look out for other than obvious signs of white/grey mold.

IMG 20200904 113617
00100dPORTRAIT 00100 BURST20200904113336820 COVER

Edit : Drying in a storage room. Was not close to being sterile. Just did a quick clean up and vacuum of the area. I've seen a lot of different areas people have dried in and mine didn't look to be an issue to me at least.

Madmax

Madmax

High humidity is your enemy..thats when you will get mold..make sure its all evenly spaced..just so you know any humidity above 55% can support mold to grow.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

About 2.5 days of drying. Just checked on everything and noticed this on the leaves. Looks pretty darn wide spread too. It's all just on the drying leaves, nothing on the buds themselves, at least from what I can see.

Humidities been fluctuating from 55% to 75%. Typically sitting at 70. Temp is 24c (75F) usually. Get it down to 20 at night.

Lots of ventilation. 2 fans going depending on humidity.

Am I fucked? :(

View attachment 1025761
keep a fan going and I would trim it as soon as I could

Latest posts

Top Bottom