Is this too much Wind?

• Thread starter IceR
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
IceR

IceR

So last grow (actually my first grow) i had some problem with budrot and to avoid this i added another ventilator in my grow tent. Now i am a bit worried though if i am not giving them too much wind which could cause wind burn and other nasty stuff.

What do you guys think?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
it’s good for now but not when plants are bigger.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
it’s good for now but not when plants are bigger.
at this moment every single grow tent fan, well made for grow tents, all suck!!
a market open for the taking with good trusting products

IceR

IceR

I think it’s about right! The leaves are loving but not turning over itself. So as they grow though u may wanna back off a bit
Thanks for the feedback. Will move them when the plants get bigger

IceR

IceR

When the plants are bigger and can´t move the fan further away from them (and it is still too much wind) is it a solution to only have it on 15 min of each hour?

TheRealM00

TheRealM00

When the plants are bigger and can´t move the fan further away from them (and it is still too much wind) is it a solution to only have it on 15 min of each hour?
i would say the 15 min per hour would be a smart plan but i am no expert, currently having wind burn and ph imbalance issues myself on my first grow although i have smoked for 20 years and researched growing for over 10 and its true to say research cant teach you everything :/

TheRealM00

TheRealM00

I think it’s about right! The leaves are loving but not turning over itself. So as they grow though u may wanna back off a bit
Hi why back off when they get bigger? to prevent urning them? thanks

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
at this moment every single grow tent fan, well made for grow tents, all suck!!
a market open for the taking with good trusting products

been thinking about this...

what if someone designed a "ceiling fan" type tent fan? it would gently move the air, but do they need the "wind" from the side, not the top?

growsince79

growsince79

I blast em and don't worry about a burnt leaf. Never noticed enough to matter.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
been thinking about this...

what if someone designed a "ceiling fan" type tent fan? it would gently move the air, but do they need the "wind" from the side, not the top?
no not really as it would be blowing hot air down into the plants..
buy it once and a damn good one at that,
one you can take apart easily and clean, one that actually moves air, one you can adjust the height, one that would knock you over instead of you knocking it over!
here’s one!

4D04009E AB4E 4BA1 940B 1462506C4712
Skram0

Skram0

no not really as it would be blowing hot air down into the plants..
buy it once and a damn good one at that,
one you can take apart easily and clean, one that actually moves air, one you can adjust the height, one that would knock you over instead of you knocking it over!
here’s one!
"Hot Air" could be a good thing if your lower tent is too cold. I suppose it's all relative to the situation. BTW, that picture had a $743 fan!? Are you nuts? It does look gold plated though, but way too much money for a tent. I say find a $30 walmart special.

Too much air probably just means more watering to reduce dryouts. Or at least make sure your RH is withing specs so the air doesn't dehydrate the leaves as much.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
"Hot Air" could be a good thing if your lower tent is too cold. I suppose it's all relative to the situation. BTW, that picture had a $743 fan!? Are you nuts? It does look gold plated though, but way too much money for a tent. I say find a $30 walmart special.

Too much air probably just means more watering to reduce dryouts. Or at least make sure your RH is withing specs so the air doesn't dehydrate the leaves as much.
you spend $743 once or spend $75-&125 every 2-3 yrs?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
spend about £20 on any hooneywell fan and your fine, particularly these https://www.amazon.co.uk/HONEYWELL-...&keywords=honeywell+fan&qid=1617548963&sr=8-4. these are not oscilating but they great
yep i have like 5-6 fans around here i rotate through,.,
that big yellow fan is what i’m saving for after doing research etc.,
i grow non stop and hate the fact of having to use 2-3 fans during a grow especially when the plants are big.
also need something i can take apart easily to clean..
i got fans that cost $30 to 150.00 and work fine and ones that have broken..
my best fan at the moment is a sears, think from early eighties, beautiful fan works like a charm!

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
For $742 I can buy 20 or 30 fans. Doesn't sound so good to me.

If you have it, use it to grow weed! LoL.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
For $742 I can buy 20 or 30 fans. Doesn't sound so good to me.

If you have it, use it to grow weed! LoL.
alright enough with the damn fan!😆😆😆haha..
i’ll be getting it for my reasons..
cheap stuff never works the way it should, easy to break and they will breakdown and be garbage.
i own my house and no junk gets plugged into the grow area, too many things already running 24/7, i don’t need a fire etc because of cheap crap..
and you’d be surprised how much power you need with a fan when you have bigger thicker plants, you need the airflow to reach everywhere!
less stuff in the tent the better and more room for plants and me.,
anyhoo, i can’t wait to get it..

Goldie5788

Goldie5788

alright enough with the damn fan!😆😆😆haha..
i’ll be getting it for my reasons..
cheap stuff never works the way it should, easy to break and they will breakdown and be garbage.
i own my house and no junk gets plugged into the grow area, too many things already running 24/7, i don’t need a fire etc because of cheap crap..
and you’d be surprised how much power you need with a fan when you have bigger thicker plants, you need the airflow to reach everywhere!
less stuff in the tent the better and more room for plants and me.,
anyhoo, i can’t wait to get it..
You’re right and I just looked it up on Amazon for half the price, definitely will need a fan that can move around those thick branches. I have 2 $45 wall mounts and still stand in my room looking at how my plants move and if they need more air lol

Top Bottom