Is This Wpm???

• Thread starter Hempie88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hempie88

Hempie88

Hi guys first time grower. Wanted to get advice from experienced growers. I’ve been reading a lot but experience always wins! Thanks in advance for your answers.

Is this wpm
Is this wpm 2
SinCity

SinCity

What would you recommend to treat? I’ve read SM-90 but found out it’s not available anymore.

Thank you for such a quick reply!!

You'll be fine! Everyone is on a learning curve--one after another. Get good at one thing and there's tons more to explore and make mistakes on , etc etc

Afraid i can't help on how to treat it once you have it. I haven't had to deal with it (knock on wood...)

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
What would you recommend to treat? I’ve read SM-90 but found out it’s not available anymore.

Thank you for such a quick reply!!

I had it once. 2-4 tsp potassium bicarbonate mixed with a gallon of water. Spray on the leaves. It’ll shift the ph and kill the pm. But it’ll not cure pm, it’ll just kill it. Also you can add 1 or 2 cups of milk per gallon of solution.
Check your environment. If you’re misting them, stop. If your rh is over 60 maybe bring it down a bit. Keep your plants healthy in general and apply an aspirin drench to the roots to boost immune system. Do clean your room well.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Easy fix, Step 1: Mix 3 tablespoons baking soda with 1 gallon of water.This is the baking soda we use: Arm and Hammer Pure Baking Soda. Step 2: Mix in 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, or cooking oil of your choice. This helps the spray to stick to the leaves. Step 3: Mix in 2 drops of dish soap to help emulsify (mix) everything.

Hempie88

Hempie88

Ok guys thank you so much for your reply’s! Going to treat first thing tomorrow!! Can’t really figure out why I’m getting it. My room temp stays around 66 f and my rh is around 50. There in a basement so not fluctuating much from that. Only had one fan but added another today to increase my air flow. Thanks again everyone!

dextr0

dextr0

I had it once. 2-4 tsp potassium bicarbonate mixed with a gallon of water. Spray on the leaves. It’ll shift the ph and kill the pm. But it’ll not cure pm, it’ll just kill it. Also you can add 1 or 2 cups of milk per gallon of solution.
Check your environment. If you’re misting them, stop. If your rh is over 60 maybe bring it down a bit. Keep your plants healthy in general and apply an aspirin drench to the roots to boost immune system. Do clean your room well.

Interesting post. A lot of light bulbs going off and possibly some understanding coming through after reading this.

You made an excellent case for lactic acid serum to be used in cases like this. I always wondered why lactic acid was called the sterilizer in Korean natural farming. You explaining the shift of ph makes a lot of sense (even though I think you were talking of the potassium bicarbonate) as this is what lactic acid is used for in mycology. We add lactic acid to the media to drop ph and make unfavorable growth conditions for unwanted contaminants.

I just read an article where it was also saying LAB may activate some plants natural defense. https://www.researchgate.net/public...tive_activities_of_chilli_Capsicum_frutescens

Not advising anything just sharing notes.

SinCity

SinCity

Interesting post. A lot of light bulbs going off and possibly some understanding coming through after reading this.

You made an excellent case for lactic acid serum to be used in cases like this. I always wondered why lactic acid was called the sterilizer in Korean natural farming. You explaining the shift of ph makes a lot of sense (even though I think you were talking of the potassium bicarbonate) as this is what lactic acid is used for in mycology. We add lactic acid to the media to drop ph and make unfavorable growth conditions for unwanted contaminants.

I just read an article where it was also saying LAB may activate some plants natural defense. https://www.researchgate.net/public...tive_activities_of_chilli_Capsicum_frutescens

Not disagreeing with you at all about pH, but potassium bicarbonate? isn't that lyme? @1diesel1?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter

Yes i was talking about potassium bicarbonate when i said ph shift.

The effect of milk i think comes from its reaction with light. It provides antiseptic properties when sprayed under lights and the less processed the better in this case.

Yeah probably lacto could be used in this case too. Lacto is just great and should be utilized always and the acidic nature of the serum will probably have a similar effect as potassium bicarbonate too besides the immune boost :)

Last edited:
SinCity

SinCity

quite right to correct my spelling of it. i don't know and thus can't disagree with you because i have never had PM, but i was just a little hesitant because we use lime at the very bottom of my horses' stalls to deal with the urine. but then we put thick rubber mats over it and then a few bales of wood shavings. we wouldn't want the lime to touch their skin...but that's all i know and i of course defer to people who have had PM. no disrespect intended.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
quite right to correct my spelling of it. i don't know and thus can't disagree with you because i have never had PM, but i was just a little hesitant because we use lime at the very bottom of my horses' stalls to deal with the urine. but then we put thick rubber mats over it and then a few bales of wood shavings. we wouldn't want the lime to touch their skin...but that's all i know and i of course defer to people who have had PM. no disrespect intended.

I edited my post. Potassium bicarbonate is not lime. I added potassium bicarbonate into the original post too. Lime is calcium or magnesium carbonate basically, tho many other forms are present. Also i’m just joking. Who cares how you spell it. :)

dextr0

dextr0

Yes i was talking about potassium bicarbonate when i said ph shift.

The effect of milk i think comes from its reaction with light. It provides antiseptic properties when sprayed under lights and the less processed the better in this case.

Yeah probably lacto could be used in this case too. Lacto is just great and should be utilized always and the acidic nature of the serum will probably have a similar effect as potassium bicarbonate too besides the immune boost :)

Yea I read that. It was saying the proteins react with light they think...
As I said I wouldn’t be surprised if it was also the ph and if it can cause SAR reaction like chitosan or frass it definitely be intresting.

One thing I noticed was that LAB is not recommended for flowering it says it causes loss of sweetness. How that applies here idk. But the same was said about using potassium and other cures for pm in late flowering.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Yea I read that. It was saying the proteins react with light they think...
As I said I wouldn’t be surprised if it was also the ph and if it can cause SAR reaction like chitosan or frass it definitely be intresting.

One thing I noticed was that LAB is not recommended for flowering it says it causes loss of sweetness. How that applies here idk. But the same was said about using potassium and other cures for pm in late flowering.

Well late in flower i would just ride it out anyway. I personally use EM1 (which includes lactobacillus as you know) till the last week or so and never noticed any loss of sweetness. What is actually loss of sweetness? My buds smell sweet and they’re sticky and fragrant as hell.
Soil drench or spray?
Cause my gals don’t get sprayed once the switch turns to 12/12.

Latest posts

Top Bottom