Is too many white pistils at 26 day old plant too much?

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I have been through some growing pains with my plants. I realize a large percentage of people on here do photo plants. Mine are Grandaddy Purp Autoflowers (time and space constraints) but am finally at day 26. I think my plants all finally look good. I've had one plant out of 5 that has always been smaller, skinnier and taller then the rest. I got seeds from a very trusted seed bank so I'm certain they are correct. All 5 plants have all received the same everything from day 1. My question is that the plant in question has alot of white pistils. I have tried and Google answers and have found nothing. However I have seen some posts that say that excess pistils could mean a form of stress? Is this possible? Is 26 days reasonable time for pistils, or atleast that many? I'm new to growing and alot of what I read refers to pistils being a preflower stage (if I understood slcorrectly). I would have to think they are gonna flower soon. I probably sound like a fool to many, but any answers would be awesome

Is too many white pistils at 26 day old plant too much
Is too many white pistils at 26 day old plant too much 2
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It's impossible to really tell in that color light.
How about some regular 'white' light please.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Here's a video. It's like that on every node, 3 nodes down.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Yeah. Grandaddy purp autoflower. Just odd that the skinny lanky one is the main one doing it. They all are showing whit pistils but this one is full of it

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

I have been through some growing pains with my plants. I realize a large percentage of people on here do photo plants. Mine are Grandaddy Purp Autoflowers (time and space constraints) but am finally at day 26. I think my plants all finally look good. I've had one plant out of 5 that has always been smaller, skinnier and taller then the rest. I got seeds from a very trusted seed bank so I'm certain they are correct. All 5 plants have all received the same everything from day 1. My question is that the plant in question has alot of white pistils. I have tried and Google answers and have found nothing. However I have seen some posts that say that excess pistils could mean a form of stress? Is this possible? Is 26 days reasonable time for pistils, or atleast that many? I'm new to growing and alot of what I read refers to pistils being a preflower stage (if I understood slcorrectly). I would have to think they are gonna flower soon. I probably sound like a fool to many, but any answers would be awesome
Even in seeds from the same plant there are genetic differences. There are plants that have even more bud sites than you are seeing.

I've got a couple growing now that aren't mutant but they have a lot of bud sites.

DSC06753a

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

If too many white pistols at the start of flowering is stress-related, I'm going to stress my plants more often.
This just made me laugh good. Lol. I literally have read that though in several places. And I was just trying to make an association between my smallest plant possibly being stressed and having the most pistils. I'm just gonna let it keep doing what it's doing I guess

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

It’s normal for autos to start flowering around that age. Your lucky you didn’t have it starting two weeks ago or you would have had a tiny plant. Lol

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I have a feeling I'm gonna have some small plants regardless :(. I did NOT do well with watering in the beggining and nearly killed them. They look very healthy and have taken very well to topping and LST so far. From here on out I think I'm just gonna let them be and see what happens

20210904 173020
Tylerm1712

Tylerm1712

I have a feeling I'm gonna have some small plants regardless :(. I did NOT do well with watering in the beggining and nearly killed them. They look very healthy and have taken very well to topping and LST so far. From here on out I think I'm just gonna let them be and see what happens
Is that really day 31 I'm on day 35 and mine look like this..... what genetic are urs?
20211003 161739

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Grandaddy purp autos that I nearly killed on the first week lol. I'm on day 61 today. I'll attach a video. Vast improvement but now in a huge predicament. We are flying out to Jamaica in 10 hours for 6 days and I'm panicking about what to do for what watering. My plant in the back middle is my mutant (3 blade leaves and and a really small plant. I had to put it up on something and as soon as I did it stretched. The Buds on that one are looking the prettiest.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom