Issue with mars hydro tsw2000

• Thread starter BCgrower420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bzy

Bzy

Lol. This issue is posted for kingbrite lights more than a few times on the chinese knock off light thread on riu.

I am pretty sure it is from bad wiring or actual shorts on the circuit board.

The popular builders frequented those threads. Like the owners of hlg and timber. They showed many quality issues, counterfeit diodes and such with the chinese knockoffs including kingbrite and meiju. The two older and more popular shenzen companies. (If they are even really different companies.)

Mm I'm happy with my Kingbrite 480's and they were 1/4th the cost of HLG... Who would buy HLG for $1000 when options like ThinkGrow, Gavita etc exist and are much more superior? HLG is just a fancy Kingbrite imho.

Ganjagurl

Ganjagurl

Yes!! I have only had my TS3000 for 3 weeks, suddenly only half of the lights were working. I can't even get a reply from customer service!! So frustrating that my plants are now exposed to crappy lighting while I gotta figure this out. I decided to order a new one so they at least have partial light for the next 3 days. Hoping this doesn't damage my first grow🙄 ( i have figured out one of my drivers isn't working) ANNOYING!! Guess i picked the wrong company for lights... View attachment 1122461Live & Learn!!

Good luck!!
Update.. Mars contacted me quickly and replaced the driver. I appreciated the great customer service andhave since bought 2 more lights without issue. (Have one for backup this time!)

P

Professor_Rev

Yes!! I have only had my TS3000 for 3 weeks, suddenly only half of the lights were working. I can't even get a reply from customer service!! So frustrating that my plants are now exposed to crappy lighting while I gotta figure this out. I decided to order a new one so they at least have partial light for the next 3 days. Hoping this doesn't damage my first grow🙄 ( i have figured out one of my drivers isn't working) ANNOYING!! Guess i picked the wrong company for lights... View attachment 1122461Live & Learn!!

Good luck!!
Mine is doing the same exact thing but when I unplug it and plug it in hrs later both sides start working again. I’m having them send me another driver to see if it fixes the issue. If not, maybe it’s too much power draw from the same outlet? I have no idea.

174E695D FD58 47DE 84F9 5BD17137EE8A
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Mars lights suck, sorry, customer service is non existent, I use a viperspectra 600w 2 cycle reflector series, the company has been around 10 years and now sell lights for industrial grows and are competing with spider farmer with full spec cob boards, mine works so well in veg I bought another bc there only $150 delivered so in my mind the first one was not going to last but it keeps chugging along, the new one has been collecting dust in the un opened box for a few years now, a good solid veg light, I grow autoflowers and they need blue light bc full spec can cause them to flower earlier affecting yield, so a 2 cycle light has blue, full spec and bloom, never used light to flower bc have cob bloom booster so not shure about that, however light does have warranty and if you contact they will respond, sounds like a ground came loose you can send it back to China for repair but that would take years, viperspectra has US based service if needed but have found there lights to be decent for amount paid and are surprisingly long lived with no problems.

20210801 093921
P

Professor_Rev

Mars lights suck, sorry, customer service is non existent, I use a viperspectra 600w 2 cycle reflector series, the company has been around 10 years and now sell lights for industrial grows and are competing with spider farmer with full spec cob boards, mine works so well in veg I bought another bc there only $150 delivered so in my mind the first one was not going to last but it keeps chugging along, the new one has been collecting dust in the un opened box for a few years now, a good solid veg light, I grow autoflowers and they need blue light bc full spec can cause them to flower earlier affecting yield, so a 2 cycle light has blue, full spec and bloom, never used light to flower bc have cob bloom booster so not shure about that, however light does have warranty and if you contact they will respond, sounds like a ground came loose you can send it back to China for repair but that would take years, viperspectra has US based service if needed but have found there lights to be decent for amount paid and are surprisingly long lived with no problems.
Yea I have viparspectra as well. XS2000 and two of the smaller 70 dollar ones. Bought them years ago still run great.

mastiff

mastiff

Having some knowledge in electricity. Whenever getting any type of lights that have drivers or ballasts you should unplug the lights first . Look for any loose wiring . Push any wires back into the sockets , check splices. EverythiNGOs coming over seas is JUNK. Not made to last long at all . Just check wiring with power off ..and buy MADE IN AMERICA.

TheMaverickFarmer

TheMaverickFarmer

My tsw 2000 flickers after I switched it off..lol. Only a problem if i turn it on/off manually. The on/off switch is defective, I just leave it on and use a timer.

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

I use a Mars tsw 2000 and never have had an issue. Everyone on here bitching that customer service sucks and all this but look they are offering to replace for free the poster is just pissed because he will be without a light. It’s pretty common practice to have the customer send faulty product back to receive a new one. Which makes sense if they don’t want people lying about it being broke to just receive a new one no questions asked. Also look there is 2 different post just on this thread saying Mars hydro is sending them free replacement drivers… sure there are better lights they also cost double the price. The choice is pretty obvious for me, send the light back and get one with no problems and move on.

TheMaverickFarmer

TheMaverickFarmer

My lamp has been used for maybe 4 months total, let's be generous...maybe 4 and a half. Do you mean I'll have to get a new driver every 4-5 months of use and things will be fine?

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

My lamp has been used for maybe 4 months total, let's be generous...maybe 4 and a half. Do you mean I'll have to get a new driver every 4-5 months of use and things will be fine?
I have used mine for 8 months straight before? Not a single issue, so if the faulty part gets replaced you should be good to go. These lights are mass produced, they are bound to have some equipment fail.

mastiff

mastiff

Always check wiring before plugging in , check for lose wiring , the wires going into drivers and splices . Most important with led and drivers . It must be grounded the green wire has to be on fixture and hooked up to the ground coming in . Black white green your power source , no ground the light will flicker👍👍

Top Bottom