Issue With My First Grow / Worried And Desperate

• Thread starter DavidTm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DavidTm

So this is my first grow and I'm in need of some help, my leaves are drooping and some look glossy and my buds look small and I have no clue as to what the problem could be! I did some research but honestly I can't tell exactly what the problem is!

Desperate

Issue with my first grow  worried and desperate
Issue with my first grow  worried and desperate 2
Issue with my first grow  worried and desperate 3
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

RU feeding Nitrogen in flower..as in veg nutes? Those leaves are clawing down and very dark green, aside from the shine..just asking..
If you list your grow: ie: medium, nutes, how many days in, watering PH etc..It would help.

D

DavidTm

Thanks for the tip on the aluminum, going to ditch that asap! As for the nutes I'm using a bloom nutes currently and the PH should be fine as the water is coming out to be about 6.5, I'm now watering every 4 to 5 days as the soil is still moist and I've just past the 8th week since from the day I actually planted the seedling and just over 4 weeks since the flowering started.

D

DavidTm

Thanks for the tip on the aluminum, going to ditch that asap! As for the nutes I'm using a bloom nutes currently and the PH should be fine as the water is coming out to be about 6.5, I'm now watering every 4 to 5 days as the soil is still moist and I've just past the 8th week since from the day I actually planted the seedling and just over 4 weeks since the flowering started.
And not feeding it nitrogen at all. But I did start the grow in amended soil...

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

A tip is not to water on a schedule..Lift the pots and when they feel "light", they need water..I learned to watch the lower fans and when they just begin to droop..they are thirsty...not sure of the strain, but she seems a bit small (buds) for 4 weeks..It's soon about to be time for an PK boost on top of your base nutes (I use Ginormous 0-18-16 which I use all the way in flower..any of them should do fine)..If your soil is/was "hot" like Fox Farm soils, That could be the reason she looks like too much N..Too much N in flower also will stunt bud growth..Hope I guessed correctly..Time for dinner..see ya tomorrow..;)

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

What are you using for a light and how far away is it?

D

DavidTm

What are you using for a light and how far away is it?
I'm using a LED lights and it's at least another 3 to 4 weeks out till they are ready for harvest but at this rate I don't think they will survive...

showmegreen

showmegreen

Dude!! Have faith in tha lil bud that could!! Who knows, they could become the most potent lil buds you ever soked on. Who knows. Yeah don't water then too much. Like homeboy said when they are light when you lift them. They need oxygen down there. Them roots need to breathe. If your soil was amended then probably got some time release nutes or sumptin. When you water it might be releasing more N. I don' know, but it is a possiility. Just don' give up on them lil darlings. They can sense that in you and they'll give up too. If this is yer first grow and you got this far. Thats saying sumptin right there!

D

DavidTm

Dude!! Have faith in tha lil bud that could!! Who knows, they could become the most potent lil buds you ever soked on. Who knows. Yeah don't water then too much. Like homeboy said when they are light when you lift them. They need oxygen down there. Them roots need to breathe. If your soil was amended then probably got some time release nutes or sumptin. When you water it might be releasing more N. I don' know, but it is a possiility. Just don' give up on them lil darlings. They can sense that in you and they'll give up too. If this is yer first grow and you got this far. Thats saying sumptin right there!
I'm trying showmegreen it's just so frustrating, it does look like nitrogen toxicity so I'm going to try flushing it and hope that works :)

showmegreen

showmegreen

I' let them dry out for a bit. Flush in another two weeks. Get some dry air flowing gently. Play them some pre 30's orhestra music. Sumptin about the Hertz frequency. Make them happy. Talk to them. It ain' crazy. It works! They call it weed for a reason. I think you are loving them to death. Back off a bit. You got this! Your glass is half full. Remember. You made it this far!

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

I'm using a LED lights and it's at least another 3 to 4 weeks out till they are ready for harvest but at this rate I don't think they will survive...
What kind of LED, wattage, type? I meant how far away the light was from the plant, should've been more specific. How far above?

D

DavidTm

What kind of LED, wattage, type? I meant how far away the light was from the plant, should've been more specific. How far above?
I'm currently using 2 100 watt LED lights they are at least 8 to 12 inches away from the plant. It was all plugging along perfectly then all the sudden the claw reared it's ugly head...

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

I'm currently using 2 100 watt LED lights they are at least 8 to 12 inches away from the plant. It was all plugging along perfectly then all the sudden the claw reared it's ugly head...
Those lights won't do an awful lot for you but, you should still do ok, it's still a long way to go yet before it finishes, a lot of 8 week strains will go 10 to finish properly so, there's still a long time left for those buds to swell either way. Keep those lights close.
Try flushing your soil like you mentioned and use a good bloom booster. Good luck!

D

DavidTm

Those lights won't do an awful lot for you but, you should still do ok, it's still a long way to go yet before it finishes, a lot of 8 week strains will go 10 to finish properly so, there's still a long time left for those buds to swell either way. Keep those lights close.
Try flushing your soil like you mentioned and use a good bloom booster. Good luck!
Thanks Papa Indica, first times are always the hardest!

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Looks like they are trying to get rid of something. Did you pour motor oil in your roots? Up the airflow and see what happens.

D

DavidTm

It actually didn't make it. And ur right it was the lack of airflow and oxygen to the roots, solved the issue with smart pots on my next grow :)

Top Bottom