Issues with DNA Genetics Seeds

• Thread starter hotrod717
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hotrod717

hotrod717

Just curious if there is any info out there on DNA Genetics. Are they still producing seed or is it left over stock at seed banks. I believe i've only had one seed pop out of 12. Total of five or so germinations. I have 2- 5pk. White Alien( 1 of 7) 1st pack 2018, 2nd pack 2020, 1 - 5pk. LA Woman( 0 of 3) 2020, 1 - 5 pk. Sleestack (0 of 2) 2020. All of these are from GYO line i believe. All the seeds look to healthy and in good color/shape. I have not ever had this bad of luck popping seeds. Doesn't seem like luck is having anything to do with it. For reference, at this point, i've germed well over 200 seeds, 50 strains, from two dozen or so seed companies.
I also have Crocketts Family Farm - Sour Strawberry and have had no issues popping. Also Reserva Privada Kosher Kush which i have not tried yet.

TIA

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Im sorry but dna ripped me off are liers and generally suck big time, they use a 3rd party to illegally get there seeds into the states just like Dutch Passion cant sell here he does i will never give that scammer another penny. That is my opinion them and bomb seeds are on my major shit list. You can do much much better.

hotrod717

hotrod717

Both banks I've used have done me right on all accounts. This is only issue I've had so far with a seed breeder other than Tao being hit or miss 50% or so.
But when you put down seeds and only one breeder fails to germ on half dozen occasions.....
More than anything I'd like to know why. They had a solid rep from what I had known or been told/read.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I would really like to find Sleestack seeds again. I loved the taste of that strain, maybe even the best flavor Ive ever had with cannabis and then wasn't able to get seeds.

Perhaps it was an issue with your soil or germination technique on this run? Maybe your water? Maybe they were last years stock too. Sucks though! I hate spending that much dough on seeds and having one not pop let alone multiple

hotrod717

hotrod717

Unfortunately multiple runs and multiple years with multiple strains. Wouldn't of posted otherwise.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Old seed stock probably or perhaps they got zapped during shipment?

hotrod717

hotrod717

I'm thinking old stock. Next attempt I'm going to scarily and presoak for 48hrs. as I really want to grow and hopefully retain the Whjte Alien and
Sleestack in particular.

cotts1

cotts1

DNA doesn't have top shelf genetics from my experience. Ran several of their strains (Holy Grail, LemonOG, Kosher Sorbet) a few years ago and didn't get any great phenos. A couple had decent terp profiles but nug quality wasn't good enough (poor density, too leafy). Much prefer the genetics I've got from GLG, but my two best mom's are just from seeds my buddy randomly found in the packages of nugs he was getting shipped from Cali. A killer forum GSC and Thin Mint, nothing I've popped (yet at least) has compared to their quality.

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

I’m still running Ace Killer OG by DNA. Think I got them from pacific seed bank before they had problems and stopped shipping to Canada. Was a kinda shady experience to be honest

hotrod717

hotrod717

I'll keep trying to pop what I have , but won't buy anything new from them.
Wish I would have gotten from them a few years ago.
Ultimately have strainsnto hopefully breed something close to Martian Mean Green.
Mobydick is somewhat comparable in lineage also.

Top Bottom