Issues with when to clone

• Thread starter HitTheHazards
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HitTheHazards

Alright, I gotta get to work so this'll be quick. I grow aeroponically and from clone (16 WW on an 8 plant rotation.) My issue begins with when to clone. After a month or so in my veg room the plants are only about 6-10in tall under 120w of CFLs. I have found that they are not quite branchy enough to get good strong healthy clones from them at this point. I need to almost wait til the 2nd week of flowering before I can get enough branches to cut clones (8 of them preferably). Does anyone have any suggestions, this would help immensely!

L

livinglegend

ditch the CFL's bro. Gotta get them under a MH or HPS. Top them.

P

purpleblockhead

i would take 1 out the ap system and put it in a pot with coco and hand feed it your plants are way 2 young and small 2 cut healthy clones, i would also up grade your veg 2 a mh light and your flower 2 a hps light, cfls work but if your using a ap system you need the light

H

HitTheHazards

I like the MH idea. Of course I'm comfortable with CFL's because they are cheap, somewhat effective, and stay cool. Although, if I could get more vigorous veg growth with it, a MH might be a beneficial upgrade. I also like the mother plant idea, I just have a hard time keeping a large mother in my apartment but I could find a way! Thank you guys a lot for your help. Happy growing!

H

HitTheHazards

i would take 1 out the ap system and put it in a pot with coco and hand feed it your plants are way 2 young and small 2 cut healthy clones, i would also up grade your veg 2 a mh light and your flower 2 a hps light, cfls work but if your using a ap system you need the light

I hear what you're saying. I currently am running a 400W HPS in flower chamber and 3x 40W CFLS in vegg. but ya, a MH would probably eat the CFLS for lunch! lol

L

livinglegend

i have a 1000w MH for my veg/mother side. trust me.... it eats any amount of flouros for lunch ,breakfast and dinner. i'll post pics of my mothers in one of my threads soon.

L

livinglegend

check out my mother thread. updated.
there still babies, but you can see how healthy there gunna be.

Top Bottom