It’s not ph, it’s not bugs, it’s not salt buildup.

• Thread starter Naturalx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Naturalx

Naturalx

Wtf is wrong with this plant? My other plants have almost finished flowering I think I’m ready to call this one dead. I’ve swapped ph pens, dropped nutrients flushed, it just keeps getting worse. Moved the lights.

Its not ph its not bugs its not salt buildup
Naturalx

Naturalx

Is this dead? Worthless? Or keep her going and see what happens? It’s a fastbuds Pineapple Express auto

DCE40762 8CC7 42F4 A778 1474FFE4FBD6
9316AB0F 0010 4F6B 80F5 E87C67EB42E7
94DFE914 C729 4EB7 858D EFD3053088E6
762C88BF 4482 4CF0 8F5F 986EC5D7877F
2AB7380A 0CF1 41A2 8263 1E89F8F14C00
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Some of that growth on the bud looks like it's revegging?

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I have tried adjusting all of those things and just cannot figure out what the direct cause or causes of this is.
I understand. The fact that you say that makes it even more likely. The plant is late in life, it's not liable to fully recover, no matter what you do.

Naturalx

Naturalx

I understand. The fact that you say that makes it even more likely. The plant is late in life, it's not liable to fully recover, no matter what you do.
Any idea what might be causing this to the leaves though? It happened on 3/4 plants. One was totally immune to it. From reading online I thought it was a calmag issue, I flushed my plants and returned to a reduced feeding schedule, lifted my lights incase they were burning them, trimmed off all the old leaves so I could see if it was still progressing. The only th ing I didn't try was a topical spray of calmag solution but I dont feel that would have solved this issue at all.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Friend, it's really hard to make any educated comment, if you don't share some history about the stuff in the sticky post. What have you fed, what have you measured, etc. A reasonable conclusion is that you poisoned her, because most people overfeed, and then try to add something to correct it, which makes the problem worse. As I just said on another thread, you cant feed your way to yield. Plants eat light and CO2. Nutes are vitamins.

Naturalx

Naturalx

Friend, it's really hard to make any educated comment, if you don't share some history about the stuff in the sticky post. What have you fed, what have you measured, etc. A reasonable conclusion is that you poisoned her, because most people overfeed, and then try to add something to correct it, which makes the problem worse. As I just said on another thread, you cant feed your way to yield. Plants eat light and CO2. Nutes are vitamins.
I fed these plants 2ml/gal of general hydroponics Micro and 4ml/gal of bloom and doubling that each week until 4ml/micro and 8ml/bloom. I gave the same amount of calmag for micro.

Naturalx

Naturalx

I'm curious how you got an auto to reveg ?
I would love to know as well. I had to move and I didn’t want my landlord seeing them so they’ve been moved a few times thisbkast month. Maybe just that stress. Safe to assume it’s never going to recover though hey?

I just wish I could figure out what is causing the leaves to do this

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

quick tip,quit guessing,easy and cheap method and probally right on the kitchen shelf,take a clear glass put about 1 in soil in it,do 2 glasses here,one for alkaline ,one for acidic,so moving on,put a inch of soil in each clear glass,take one glass and add about 1/2 in of vinegar in the glass,if there is no reaction the soil is neutral,other glass do same 1/2 water stir both real good once stirred add 1 tbsp of baking soda,if no reaction,its neutral if it starts to foam like a damn volcano it is acidic,so if you have foam you know for a fact your soil is acidic,most plants thrive with a ph from 5.5 to 6.5,that the cheap way,another way is a slurry test with a ph pen,take some soil add to a glass,about a inch,put enough water in it to were when your done stirring it there is liquid to stick your ph pen in and then you have the real deal of were your at on ph your growing in,problem solved,no guessing no more and fix and done,them plants are sure enough out of whack on ph,just saying,running a bunch of water in there aint gonna help nothing but will hurt more than help,hard for a plant to grow in mud and mud dries to compaction,have you smelled the bottom of your pots?smell it after you have drenched it,bet it stink to high heaven,thats compaction,a cheap NPK test kit is around 15 to 20 dollars on amazon,get one,be a good gardener so next time things happen you already no what you started with as far as ph,npk areation,then the problem lay right in your hands of a mistake,hard to humble but you know what not to do next time just saying

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I would love to know as well. I had to move and I didn’t want my landlord seeing them so they’ve been moved a few times thisbkast month. Maybe just that stress. Safe to assume it’s never going to recover though hey?

Unfortunately I suspect you're right, being an auto it probably wont, but I've only grown a handful of freebie Autos so I don't know for sure ? Best of luck with it, glad everything else came out well for you!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The plant is at the end of it's life. Many strains, especially Sativa's, get yellowed leaves during the end of flowering, when they are using the remains of their stored energy from the fan leaves. This is fairly common unless you are using an excess of fertilizer, which can cause issues as well. I think the plant is at the end of it's cycle and the funky growth is just a sign that the plant is finished. I can't see as well as I used to, but if you are at the end of flowering, then this is probably the reason.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Yellow leaves I've seen, but an Autoflower revegging not so much, if ever? I'd be interested to see how that plant finishes if you decide to keep it?

Naturalx

Naturalx

Yellow leaves I've seen, but an Autoflower revegging not so much, if ever? I'd be interested to see how that plant finishes if you decide to keep it?
That's what i'm curious of too, but what ever is causing the issue of the leaves dying is preventing it from doing it's natural thing so I don't think there's a whole lot of point. I could throw it outside and see what happens I suppose or I just cut my losses and move on.

chemistry

chemistry

Check your light timer, it may be skipping. Or your ballast.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Guys I dont see any signs of reveg. I see a way overnuted plant growing wild and burning up.

If i overfeed my plants I always see extra overgrowth and less flowering.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah I'm with MiMed on this, she just looks burnt from ferts. Autos can be extremely nute sensitive and dont need much. You cant treat them like a photoperiod plant. They have different feed and lighting requirements.

What soil were you using? Anything with nutrients in it would be no good with that feeding program. Your Lucas formula is designed for photoperiod plants in an inert soiless mix.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

She's definitely burnt! Its an interesting looking plant in general, I'd like to see it finish just out of curiosity! She'll probably keep putting out new white pistols in clumps forever until all the leaves finally die off, but if it was taking up space in my tent then if I'm honest I'd toss it. In addition to being over-amped I suspect as was mentioned above that it's also timer or light leak related, and he moved it a few times too. I don't know how temperamental Autos are regarding their light cycle but there does seem to be something going on here that might be related to it ?
20190701 181956

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom