Its been a tough season

• Thread starter Santa.ClausHOHOHO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Tough season and learned a lot so far. Just have to keep up the fight.
Thrips and Aphids early on, oh, before that the ever famous Leaf Hopper.
Leaf Septoria set in and been battling that as well.

I did carefully defoliating and it seems I did not do enough, was playing it safe. But was being carful to not take to much off. The plants are a little to thick on the inside. Even though I more or less stripped them clean on the inside, but they grew back pretty thick. Next time I will stay after it a bit more diligently.

Then we get a fricking tornado that flew over the house, thank goodness I had them pretty well trellised. But they did get some damage. One split trunk and several bigger broken branches. I've since taped them up and all seems to be doing "Ok".

Well, the Thrips are back or remerged. I am approx 3 weeks into flower and don't like spraying them to to much. But I think I am ok still as far as spraying Lost Coast. To top it all off I noticed on one plant the "Purple Death". I noticed it back in the end of June, simple cut it off and let it be. Well, it appeared again the other day. Yep, simply cut it off. I have been following the Purple death thread in the forums here at THC Farmer. Seems to be isolated to just the one plant, so far. Not sure what I am gonna do regarding that.
The defoliation issue, I rolled the dice and had to defoliate rather heavy on several of the plants yesterday. They seem fine today, but I am sure they are a lil stressed.
Darn Michigan weather has been brutal this year. Hot, Humid and windy with damaging storms.
Just venting and sharing here. Just want to get through the Bud Rot stage with NO ROT and get them harvested. They are big and gorgeous and full of really really nice bud sites.
Sorry for the long post. I am growing just 12 plants, I can not imagine what folks go through with HUGE grows that have issues.

Just have to keep battling and Ducking & Swinging.
One of the plants
Purple

PS... Think I will pipe in on the Purple thread and share what I have seen and when etc...

mike1980

mike1980

it's strange because I never heard of the purple death before this year but it seems like a lot of people are getting it in the north

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

it's strange because I never heard of the purple death before this year but it seems like a lot of people are getting it in the north
I'd never heard of it either. If anyone should know, Ed's the man. I'll see what he has to say then share it with everyone.

Krispy420

Krispy420

Hi, I think it is just anthocyanins which is a natural flavonoid/pigment released by the plant as a stress response or defense mechanism for many various different reasons including aphid damage, and alkaline soil. Apparently there is evidence to suggest that it could actually have health benefits but apparently it hasn't been proven yet. Here's a article that explains what I (think) it is.

Top Bottom