It's been too long and i don't know where to begin!

• Thread starter catdaddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
catdaddy

catdaddy

As title states i've been out the game for a good while; any and all suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.
As of now i'm considering a 3x3 tent to veg and flower in, some sort of LED lightening and possibly starting out with organics (im not completely sure about this one).
Also, if possible, any recommendations of a seed bank and online hydro shops would be nice too.
Thanks in advance.

weedshoes

weedshoes

As far as I know, Kaka will be selling clones for a few more weeks on here. There is a thread going right now "product buying advice" or something like that with details on the new fangled lights. Welcome back.

How big of space are you working with?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I really dig my enfun qb boards. Cheap-ish on Amazon, use legit diodes, meanwell drivers, and full spectrum, they're a great bang for buck. one 240w set would light a 3x3 wonderfully. you'll want to pick up a killawatt and tune the driver to extract the full 240w, all three sets I ordered were running at about 75% when I received them.

i'm not a fan of organics inside personally, would do DWC or coco or something else that's soilless over dirt inside any day. don't listen to me though, i'm pretty biased about dirt belonging outside :D

well grown seeds, neptune seeds, and of course going to breeders directly are all viable these days. It's not like it used to be -- seeds are widely available now thanks to legalization being so rampant. online hydro stores -- all i've used is htg supply, but there are others as well including amazon. often if you can find a local spot, they'll have very competitive (ie cheaper) pricing than amazon ime.

catdaddy

catdaddy

As far as I know, Kaka will be selling clones for a few more weeks on here. There is a thread going right now "product buying advice" or something like that with details on the new fangled lights. Welcome back.

How big of space are you working with?
Hey thanks for the response.
the space i'm in is pretty big, but i'm just trying to keep it to a 3x3 tent as of now.
I don't know who Kaka is, but send a link to a thread of his and i'll give it a look over.

weedshoes

weedshoes

Those are my recs. I don't like Amazon. Always feel like I get scammed with cheap ish a la eBay 15 years ago.

catdaddy

catdaddy

I really dig my enfun qb boards. Cheap-ish on Amazon, use legit diodes, meanwell drivers, and full spectrum, they're a great bang for buck. one 240w set would light a 3x3 wonderfully. you'll want to pick up a killawatt and tune the driver to extract the full 240w, all three sets I ordered were running at about 75% when I received them.

i'm not a fan of organics inside personally, would do DWC or coco or something else that's soilless over dirt inside any day. don't listen to me though, i'm pretty biased about dirt belonging outside :D

well grown seeds, neptune seeds, and of course going to breeders directly are all viable these days. It's not like it used to be -- seeds are widely available now thanks to legalization being so rampant. online hydro stores -- all i've used is htg supply, but there are others as well including amazon. often if you can find a local spot, they'll have very competitive (ie cheaper) pricing than amazon ime.
Hey thanks for the response daddio.
Someone recommended a brand that goes by the name Zeggwell Lightening from Amazon, so i'll give that company a look as well.
And wow, a lot has really changed since i last been on. What breeders do you have you in mind?

catdaddy

catdaddy

Those are my recs. I don't like Amazon. Always feel like I get scammed with cheap ish a la eBay 15 years ago.
Thanks daddio.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Hey thanks for the response daddio.
Someone recommended a brand that goes by the name Zeggwell Lightening from Amazon, so i'll give that company a look as well.
And wow, a lot has really changed since i last been on. What breeders do you have you in mind?
@Dragonsflame comes correct with some awesome, stable, resilient genetics. Brother's Grimm, Humboldt Seed Company, 707, Mass Medical also all come to mind. There are also countless pollen chuckers around now that have warez on the cheap (or free), but keep in mind those beans aren't as heavily vetted as breeder genetics.

catdaddy

catdaddy

@Dragonsflame comes correct with some awesome, stable, resilient genetics. Brother's Grimm, Humboldt Seed Company, 707, Mass Medical also all come to mind. There are also countless pollen chuckers around now that have warez on the cheap (or free), but keep in mind those beans aren't as heavily vetted as breeder genetics.
Thanks again.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

I really agree on this one, also because you are planning to use LEDs that speed up metabolism! Without sayn that nowadays also the organic growing has become a big trap with so many complicated recipes and additives..... Save yourself some headaches and get some complete dry mineral nutrient like maxibloom/ megacrop /masterblend/Jacks....if you dont overfeed you will still have a very tasty smoke !
What i really love about organics is the care for your soil and microlife, that even with full mineral feeding programs, are very important for the immune system of the plant and pest resistance

catdaddy

catdaddy

Any recommendations on filters, fans, PPM/Ph meters, online shops?
thanks in advance.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So experience level?

Been away for a while but what did you used to grow with and how long? Successful or issues?

Space you plan to grow in?

as this will make a difference in what maybe suitable. Temps, humidity etc and changes in that space between seasons can have a large impact on equipment needed and type of grow you can do within your budget.

Expectations on yield?

Time per day you have to look after the grow.

Source water information including any softeners or filtration? Can Google your local water report and blackout location or personal info then post and can see if there is anything you may need extra.

When buying equipment you need to ensure you have a good environment and control of it. This may mean biting the bullet on a cheaper light to do so as the light won't matter if you have a poor environment and unhealthy plants.

Is smell an issue?

The equipment adds up fast. Most thik the tent and light and the rest is minor but that's not the case.

catdaddy

catdaddy

So experience level?

Been away for a while but what did you used to grow with and how long? Successful or issues?

Space you plan to grow in?

as this will make a difference in what maybe suitable. Temps, humidity etc and changes in that space between seasons can have a large impact on equipment needed and type of grow you can do within your budget.

Expectations on yield?

Time per day you have to look after the grow.

Source water information including any softeners or filtration? Can Google your local water report and blackout location or personal info then post and can see if there is anything you may need extra.

When buying equipment you need to ensure you have a good environment and control of it. This may mean biting the bullet on a cheaper light to do so as the light won't matter if you have a poor environment and unhealthy plants.

Is smell an issue?

The equipment adds up fast. Most thik the tent and light and the rest is minor but that's not the case.
Hey thanks for the response.
Currently I'm mediocre at best. I've haven't grown anything in almost 8 yrs.
Last time i was around, I was using Dyna Gro and Bluelab pen, Phresh filter (which really didn't hold the smell to well and smell is an issue) and I forget the fan.
The space i have is spacious, but I'm just keeping it small (3x3 tent) until i hone my skills.
There's no real expectations on yield; I'm just trying to dial my environment with some good to very genetic(s) i could get my hand on.
I have ample amount of time to spend in the garden.
Distilled water.

Also, some of the shops I ordered from aren't even in business any longer.

Top Bottom