I've been told that my plant is not very big. Can I ask for some friendly advice?

• Thread starter SorryButIAmNotSatan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SorryButIAmNotSatan

SorryButIAmNotSatan

Hi. I'm a first time grower. I tried my luck with a very small setup. These are the Spec:

- 2 pot size tent
- 600w LED grow lamp (It's been on 300w setting up until today, as it's dimmable)
- Thermo-Hygrometer
- PlantMagic Plus soil
- 25L pots, BUT has previously been nurtured in a small pot
- My temps range at 19 degrees at night time to between 23-25C during the day.

----

On the 27th of August I potted the germinated seed. Someone I know has told me that at a month old they should be bigger than they are. Is this true? I'm completely fine if this is true, I just want to improve the conditions for my plant.

At the moment I am doing a pilot run with a single plant.
--
My list of questions:

- Based on what I have said about my Specs, what should I be brushing up on?
- Based on the images included, are my plants too small for the age that they are?
- As I've had this plant under a 300W bulb up until today (25.Sep.2021), during its month of life, should I expect to notice a difference now that I've switched it up to the 600W?
- I've been adding plant nutrients with the daily watering, as was instructed, with the correct dilution I will add. Is adding them daily too much? If this is too much, would this have stunted them somehow?
- The plant is still growing. I'm not gonna lose hope and give in even if I've made mistakes, I mean, it looks like they'll definitely get to flowering stage anyway. From what I've said, is any part of their process still irredeemable?

Ive been told that my plant is not very big can i ask for some friendly advice
Ive been told that my plant is not very big can i ask for some friendly advice 2
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hi. I'm a first time grower. I tried my luck with a very small setup. These are the Spec:

- 2 pot size tent
- 600w LED grow lamp (It's been on 300w setting up until today, as it's dimmable)
- Thermo-Hygrometer
- PlantMagic Plus soil
- 25L pots, BUT has previously been nurtured in a small pot
- My temps range at 19 degrees at night time to between 23-25C during the day.

----

On the 27th of August I potted the germinated seed. Someone I know has told me that at a month old they should be bigger than they are. Is this true? I'm completely fine if this is true, I just want to improve the conditions for my plant.

At the moment I am doing a pilot run with a single plant.
--
My list of questions:

- Based on what I have said about my Specs, what should I be brushing up on?
- Based on the images included, are my plants too small for the age that they are?
- As I've had this plant under a 300W bulb up until today (25.Sep.2021), during its month of life, should I expect to notice a difference now that I've switched it up to the 600W?
- I've been adding plant nutrients with the daily watering, as was instructed, with the correct dilution I will add. Is adding them daily too much? If this is too much, would this have stunted them somehow?
- The plant is still growing. I'm not gonna lose hope and give in even if I've made mistakes, I mean, it looks like they'll definitely get to flowering stage anyway. From what I've said, is any part of their process still irredeemable?
It looks fine, not to worry. Nice healthy leaves , a bit small to be in such a large pot and in the pics the soil looks dry but it'll grow. I would be giving her
( depending on how much you've already fed ) 5ml ( 1tsp ) / 5ml / 5ml of my 3 part GH trio. That is my early - mid veg routine then at 5-6 weeks I'll bump it up to 7.5 ml each before I flip .....for me I like 7-8 weeks + vegging unless I'm in a hurry.

The product I use General Hydroponics recommends a water / feed / water / feed cycle so I saturate with water I let dry ( almost completely ) then saturate with my nutients then let dry until the pot is light ( almost completely ) not until they droop and hang. I lose leaves if I let it dry too much. But continue the cycle with the recommended nute feeds you'll be good.

Last edited:
SorryButIAmNotSatan

SorryButIAmNotSatan

It looks fine, not to worry. Nice healthy leaves , a bit small to be in such a large pot and in the pics the soil looks dry but it'll grow. I would be giving her
( depending on how much you've already fed ) 5ml ( 1tsp ) / 5ml / 5ml of my 3 part GH trio. That is my early - mid veg routine then at 5-6 weeks I'll bump it up to 7.5 ml each before I flip .....for me I like 7-8 weeks + vegging unless I'm in a hurry.

The product I use General Hydroponics recommends a water / feed / water / feed cycle so I saturate with water I let dry ( almost completely ) then saturate with my nutients then let dry until the pot is light ( almost completely ) not until they droop and hang. I lose leaves if I let it dry too much. But continue the cycle with the recommended nute feeds you'll be good.
I watered it yesterday. On the surface the soil is dry, but if I stick my finger even even a centimeter the soil beneath the surface is damp and full of water (but not saturated).
With my nutrients, the way I've been told to add them is:
-Dilute appropriately, 1ML nutrient per 1000ML water with Plagron Root Boost, 5ML per 1000ML water with Plagron Grow Boost.
And then just include these dilutions in their daily watering. I've not used the root boost since earlier on in the plant's life, I am adding now to help them take hold in the big pot which they were put into yesterday (the 24th Sep). I've put between 10-30ML of water a day in via pipette, mainly just using the "dip the finger into the soil and see if its damp or dry" method as recommended by my local hydro store.

So far, I've seen consistent growth and they seem healthy enough. I'm just bugged by what someone told me which is that they seem to be growing way too slowly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom