Jack flash - Hydro

• Thread starter Skuff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Skuff

I thought i may as well make a little diary of this crop to see how it progresses through each stage. there are 4 jack flash cuttings, 3 of which are 30cm and one that went crazy and is 40cm. they went in yesterday under a sunmaster 600w light, and for the first 2 weeks theyll be fed on canna aqua vega.

the grow box i made is 190cm high 80cm wide and 130cm long and is backed with diamond milar

sorry about the pic quality, im just getting to grips with my new phone

1st pic was with manual focus before the light went on

2nd pic was auto focus just after the light came on

Ive just worked out how to use it propperly now, so next pics should be better

Jack flash   hydro
Jack flash   hydro 2
S

Skuff

Which kind of hydro system are you using?

I cant think of what its called at the moment even though ive used this method for 6+ years lol.. it consits of a water tank (this ones a 60-75 litre) and a pump that runs constantly onto the plants that sit on a spreader mat medium on an upper tray. the plants love it, and when all conditions are good i get 24-28 oz dry weight from 4 plants

my other set-ups the same, but with 2 smaller tanks (30 litres)

S

Skuff

yeah my first few attempts about 7+ years ago were in soil, then i switched to the nft and never looked back!! they seem to grow almost twice as fast and big, and is alot easier dumping 200 litres of water than it is to dump 40 litres of soil every 8 weeks

S

Skuff

They were @ 7 days yesterday, so i thought id update with some new pics. i dont grow where i live, so i can only get to them at times during the day when the light is on, so once again the pics are a bit fuzzy. Theyve all almost doubled in size, with 3 of them being 50cm and 1 at 60cm.

Any tips for getting good pics when the light is on would be appreciated

P260808 1230
P260808 123001
Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
trying taking it off auto if you havent already :P Plants are looking very healthly, wish i could pull that sort of yield.
Peace..

S

Skuff

yeah auto is off mate.. i think im gonna try and hold a bit of wood over the light next time to block out the light, and hopefully get some better pics.. i cant stress how much i love nft over soil.. if youve never tried it i suggest you give it a go, as the growth and yeild are unbelievable

S

Skuff

been a bit lame with this as i havnt had time lately.. they were @ 2 weeks tuesday and are coming on really well... emptied and re-filled the tank, and switched to canna aqua flores for the flowering stage.. the little clusters are looking good already, and the size of the plants are pretty big for 2 weeks ( 3 are 95cm and 1 is 110cm ).. i will try and ad some pics tomorrow

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
looking forward to some more pics bro!

S

Stackin Paper

NFT is the bollox m8 i swear, in a GT 424 i had 3 Cheese plants that i pulled 589g's from using 2 x 600w, this was in a 1.4m2 tent and the 424 was in the middle so i stuck 3 up each side in dirt aswell which yielded me another 160g's, smashed the half gpw marker and if it wasn't for the NFT i don't think i would have been anywhere close.

If it wasn't for the summer months i'd probably grow nft all year round:)

S

Skuff

thats what i like to hear mate.. im hopefully gonna be trying something else in the next month or 2 (armagedon) ill let you know what the yield is like (its suppose to be big)

wonka

wonka

really look forward to seeing more pics skuff and seeing how it looks after the cure.. also hearing how the smoke is..

S

Skuff

sorry been really lame with this again.. took some more pics last week @ 27 days ill try and put up later..

there at 5 weeks now, so have just added pk13 to help boost the buds. they have all slightly stretched again for some reason though, so the bud development isnt as big as it can be. but by the looks of it i should clear 22+ oz from the 4.

just cropped my others today too with a nasty suprise! 3 of them were really good, big, fat and covered in crystals, but one seems to have died early in the grow. where the others got so big they hid the dead one, so didnt even notice till today lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom