Jack Herer, marijuana hero, Emperor of Hemp, dead at 70

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cali smoke

Cali smoke

Jack Herer, marijuana hero, Emperor of Hemp, dead at 70
April 15, 7:07 PM Portland Progressive Examiner Michael Stone

Jack Herer, much beloved Emperor of Hemp and marijuana hero. is dead at age 70. Herer was a tireless advocate in the battle to end marijuana prohibition. He was perhaps the world's most famous activist for the decriminalization of marijuana and the utilization of hemp.

Jack Herer was born June 18, 1939. A former Goldwater Republican, Herer became a political activist and the author of The Emperor Wears No Clothes, a book which is now a classic polemic in the effort to decriminalize marijuana.

Herer argued for the decriminalization and utilization of marijuana. Marijuana has been shown to be a renewable source of fuel, food, and medicine, and can be grown in virtually any part of the world. Herer was one of the first to show that the U.S. government deliberately hides the proof of marijuana's efficacy and utility. Herer devoted his life in support of cannabis, hemp and marijuana.

In later life Herer suffered several health problems. In 2000 Herer suffered a stroke and heart attack. After recovering the activist spoke with a stutter and walked with a limp. Last September 12 Herer collapsed backstage at "Hempstalk 2009" in Portland, Oregon.

After giving a fiery speech to the crowd on the future of hemp Herer suffered a heart attack and a significant loss of oxygen. Just minutes before his speech, Herer looked fit and said, "I'm getting better and better and better. I'm healthier than I've been..."

Herer passed away after months of serious health complications following his September collapse. Herer is a true American hero who spoke truth to power. He stood up for freedom while many others failed to do so. He was a good and noble man, and he will be missed.

R.I.P. Jack.

Free the Weed!

S

SweetIslandFunk

I'll start running my jack in flower now.

See you on the other side, RIP

D

Donk Frog

R.I.P- Jack ----- True cannabis warrior and man of the cause

urbanite420

urbanite420

Rest in Peace Mr. Herer. You will be missed, but your legacy will live on.

F

Foxfarmfreak

Wow, I just talked to his wife a couple weeks ago, So sad to hear the news.
Jack, you will be missed more than you know, Thanks for all the good you did while you were here.....
Rest in Peace
Foxfarmfreak

K

Kron

We will miss you Jack!

The death of Jack Herer has and will continue to have various effects on not only fellow activists, the movement, industry, but friends, family, admirers, fans, and then there are those like myself who as I sit here "torn in tears", writing this have very much been a part of all the above at some point and in some way so I am least to say, saddened by this but know and hope this inspirers many that this is the time go above and beyond what one man has done for us all during his life. We Love you Jack you will be missed!

Kron - San Diego - [email protected] - www.nugmag.com

Me and jack
001 25A
KRONS new ad
L b333e51fba28404886707035a98ecd39
012 14A
008 18
G

Green Escape

Thank you Jack for the countless things you did for our community you will be sorely missed RIP.

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
May you rest in peace my friend, you are gone but never forgotten.

labud

labud

If you can...

Donation for burial expenses can be made at Jackherer.com

Thanks..

T

THC Toker

R.I.P. Jack

You were a pretty cool dude, going to spark one up for you now.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
You will be missed my friend. Till we meet again sometime...RIP Jack Herer

Sherwood

Sherwood

I met him in 94 at a hemp rally in Ojai California, we blazed some Jack Herer and discussed the books, great great dude!

Top Bottom