Jack Herrer Purple Pheno?

• Thread starter MissBotany
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MissBotany

MissBotany

Does anyone know if Jack Herrer has a purple pheno? My night time temps have been getting low so those plants with purple genes are starting to express themselves. I mixed up a couple labels when I was up potting but I am nearly positive I didn’t with the jack because I took cuts off it and made sure to label it. I didn’t grow any “purple” strains either. Here’s this breeder’s Jack Herrer genetics:

Original Haze x Red Skunk

I don’t have further parental lineage.

Last edited:
hyzerflip

hyzerflip

What you have isn't Jack Herer, it's a random cross being sold as 'Jack Herer' to fool novices.

I've grown a lot of real (Sensi Seeds) Jack Herer and I've never seen even a small amount of color in her.

fwiw the lineage of real Jack Herer is:

Haze x [Northern Lights #5 x (Northern Lights #5 x Skunk #1)]

MissBotany

MissBotany

What you have isn't Jack Herer, it's a random cross being sold as 'Jack Herer' to fool novices.

I've grown a lot of real (Sensi Seeds) Jack Herer and I've never seen even a small amount of color in her.

fwiw the lineage of real Jack Herer is:

Haze x [Northern Lights #5 x (Northern Lights #5 x Skunk #1)]

I went back and read the breeder’s description and it specifically states that’s its their tribute strain to Jack Herer (very sneaky). it’s not the actual Jack Herer strain. I’m going to search for Jack Herer with the genetics you listed.

Last edited:
hyzerflip

hyzerflip

I went back and read the breeder’s description and it specifically states that’s its their tribute strain to Jack Herer (very sneaky). it’s not the actually Jack Herer strain. I’m going to search for Jack Herer with the genetics you listed.

fwiw Sensi Seeds is the original, and I've heard good things about the inbred lines maintained by Sannie and Karma.

MissBotany

MissBotany

Where I buy my seeds, sensi jack herrer is out of stock, guess I’ll have to wait.

MissBotany

MissBotany

fwiw Sensi Seeds is the original, and I've heard good things about the inbred lines maintained by Sannie and Karma.

I just read that Sensi is the original Jack Herer. I’ll check out Sannke and Karma.

MissBotany

MissBotany

Sannie and karma isn’t sold where I buy seeds. I read dinafem’s critical jack is a good alternative. I have been very happy with dinafem as a breeder so I’ll give their version a try until I can get my hands on some sensi seeds.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Does anyone know if Jack Herrer has a purple pheno? My night time temps have been getting low so those plants with purple genes are starting to express themselves. I mixed up a couple labels when I was up potting but I am nearly positive I didn’t with the jack because I took cuts off it and made sure to label it. I didn’t grow any “purple” strains either. Here’s this breeder’s Jack Herrer genetics:

All plants, purple or not, can expierence this break down in chlorophyll. Though, its agreed upon that a strain with tendancies to show this trait.. will then again show this trait...

You can in fact turn any strain purple under the right conditions. Methods of which I would never subject something I would smoke to.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter

I have original jacks that do purple on the occasion when we drop temps for other strains . Not many do and when they do have some purples, we keep them for in house smoking but jack doesn’t have a purple genetic, the j1 skunk lineage has the Afghanistan phenotype and they occasionally show purple but very rare

S

Sleighful

I have Original Haze and last yr didn't notice my Thai monster get purple but I got one that's getting dark purple and still going ask milk it and see it I can get it into springtime! I woulda thot he purple came from a Kush (my own theory) and hence the Skunk sounded like the reason but I would bet its the haze. Enjoy that Thai sweetness.

S

Sleighful

All plants, purple or not, can expierence this break down in chlorophyll. Though, its agreed upon that a strain with tendancies to show this trait.. will then again show this trait...

You can in fact turn any strain purple under the right conditions. Methods of which I would never subject something I would smoke to.

It only takes cold so don't sweat the smoke. :)

K

Kot

Sensi sells the Jack Herer pretty expensive.

What you think about the Jack Herer of seedsman?

Top Bottom