Jack The Ripper

• Thread starter haze89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Medicinal

IMO the JTR stands above every C99 F2 pheno I've ran from seed in the past couple of years. And the Mosca C99 BX that I harvested along side it. I had a pheno from original Bros. Grimm stock that was a killer and would stand toe to toe with JTR or most anything else. (That was back 2000-01) I've had shitty/no luck finding her again in any of these reworked versions. Just my luck though I suppose. I've read reports from others who have found gems in the F2's & BX's and what not.

thanks jack.. hey if the JTR isn't as lanky as my C99 which I got off gypsy a while back, then hell I'm goin for it

G

Green Goblin

Hey, I jus signed up today on the website and was browsing. I grow the great JTR as well. I got it from a buddy and it stretches if you let it no doubt, but the creative high, and wonderful yields/buds are all worth it. I'm currently working on creating my first strain, JTRxLavender. Should be good.... I was thinking "The Grim Reaper" or "The Grim Reefer" anyways ONE LOVE and keep growing the great Jack the Ripper.

H

haze89

Hey, I jus signed up today on the website and was browsing. I grow the great JTR as well. I got it from a buddy and it stretches if you let it no doubt, but the creative high, and wonderful yields/buds are all worth it. I'm currently working on creating my first strain, JTRxLavender. Should be good.... I was thinking "The Grim Reaper" or "The Grim Reefer" anyways ONE LOVE and keep growing the great Jack the Ripper.

Hey man, welcome to the farm and good luck on that project. JTR is a good smoke for sure. Wish I still had some. They're on my long waiting list of beans to pop so it'll be a while before I get around to it but when I do, I'm gonna rooooock that shit.

Big V

Big V

Thanks for the report... I have some JTR beans that are just screaming to be popped...

C

cheesemonster

:smiley_joint::rasta2:
IMO subcools seeds are top notch. i've bought over 10 packs of seeds from him and have received more than 1 keeper in each pack. i cant say that about any seeds i've bought from other breeders. as far as his personal business- dont know, but he gives free seeds at cannaseur . the jtr is known for giving dual seedlings from a single seed, i had 1 seed that grew 3 seedlings

mal

HOLY SHIT DUDE,I LIVE JUST DOWN THE ROAD FROM CANNASEUR IN HARBORNE!!GOTTA ADMIT THOUGH,THE BALD GEEZER WHO WORKED DOWNSTAIRS WAS AN ABSOLUTE TWAT...HE ONLY GOT CAUGHT SELLING FUCKIN CLONES UNDER THE COUNTER,THE 5-0(POLICE)WENT IN UNDERCOVER AND BOUGHT LIKE 10 CUTTINGS OFF HIM FOR £70,I KNOW THAT CUSS I WAS THE 1 WHO SOLD EM HIM(NOT KNOWING HE WAS SELLIN EM ON THOUGH)WHAT A COCK,LUCKILY AS FAR AS I KNOW HE DIDNT SAY WERE HE GOT EM FROM.STRANGELY 4 WEEKS LATER I HAD A VISIT FROM SOME POLICE(COINCIDENCE,MAYBE BUT I DONT THINK SO)GOOD JOB MY GROW SHOW WAS OVER AND CLOSED DOWN BY THEN.JUST A GOOD JOB THEY DIDNT LOOK IN THE LOFT,BECAUSE I HAD LIKE 16OZ OF CHEESE,12OZ JACK THE RIPPER,19OZ POWER PLANT AND 11OZ OF BLUEBERRY.NOW THAT WAS A CLOSE 1,THE SHOP HAS SINCE BEEN CLOSED DOWN BUT THE HYDROPONIC SHOP ROUND THE BACK AND UP THE STAIRS IS STILL OPEN,BUT THEY AINT ALLOWED TO SELL SEEDS AFTER WHAT HAPPENED 4 SOME REASON???WONDER WHY,OH YEAH I DO CUSS HES A TWAT.I ALSO GOT 2 SEEDS FROM 3 PLANTS OFF THE JTR AND ONLY THAT STRAIN,COOL.NUFF SAID,LATER CHEESEMONSTER.AND I WILL BACK UP ANYTHING IVE SAID AND IF NEED BE SAY IT TO THERE FACE...COOL IM OUT,CM:anim_52:

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
thanks for the info cheesemonster

I heard TGA(Subcool) quit selling there seeds on cannaseur, but I didn't know why. That answers that, I don't think Subcool had anything to do with the douchebag that was selling the clones under the table. All of his seeds I've run have been exceptional. As far as the JTR almost every female is a keeper, except some yield more. 2 plants per seed is very common for JTR seeds, I got 3 from 1 seed, 2 lived

mal

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO the JTR stands above every C99 F2 pheno I've ran from seed in the past couple of years. And the Mosca C99 BX that I harvested along side it. I had a pheno from original Bros. Grimm stock that was a killer and would stand toe to toe with JTR or most anything else. (That was back 2000-01) JACK BAYBEH, Did you look in joey 's f2 stock? Just interested..they are supposted to be close to the real deal as you can get! Nice to hear this about Subcool's work !! monkey5

devious d

devious d

jtr space queen

looking for my photos of both grows the jtr was in a 24 pot flood and drain called the producer a weeks veg house and garden full line hydro average 6-10 oz a plant
0346.jpg
Canopy_of_church.jpg
Space_queen094.jpg
Size_comparison.jpg
with 2 600w hps of top quality grew for three crops in a row no problems with pests or mould and i have limited height and no problem average height. and always keep mother after losing my space queen mother:sign0006:

leadplant

leadplant

I ran 3 packs of JTR;
bought em here from the farm back before subcool decided to change his sales policy here.

So yeah, JTR is pretty darn good. Great resin production, great bag appeal, great taste especially for a low odor strain. Its also easy to grow and has decent hybrid vigor and fast too. My friends loved this stuff.

But out of 3 packs, I didnt find one bellringer. Nothing like a speedy racy high at all.
Its more of a functional buzz - great for parties, it won't get everybody all introverted.
I liked it but ultimately, its leaving me wanting.

Maybe I just smoke too much, I dunno. I'm almost done with some Joey c99 f2's so that will be the real test.
ATM, I find it hard to believe JTR is more of a bellringer than c99. I'll be a bit upset if thats true.

Either way, I've had enough of JTR - at least from a head stash point of view.

Illmind

Illmind

Ya you def don't smoke too much maybe you just don't know much about sativa highs. They're very complex and sometimes novice smokers don't recognize it as being high, they think only when you fall into a comma with munchies on their lap and droolin is getting stoned. There is weed for that though. JTR is not that, it's more I gotta go study shit and spark. Or I wanna do something and spark, not I wanna go eat myself to death and then crash out and wake up feeling like shit and spark. Oh and cheesemonster what are you really saying? Shit shut down or what?

leadplant

leadplant

Sativa high? Oh yes, I'm well aware and quite obssessed with real sativa highs. In addition to my c99, I got some nevilles haze mango - a real haze hybrid.

Although subcool calls JTR a haze hybrid, its most definetely NOT. I'd bet the percentage of haze in JTR is 10-12% max. Sub has a flair for catchy names and good photography.

JTR does stretch quite a bit and has some sativa looks to it - but still there is a good amount of indica in that bud.

I'd bet most JTR growers are relatively young peeps - not veteran growers that grow haze.

Rezdog is correct IMO when he publicly dismissed the Jacks Cleaner clone (parent of JTR) as just another "pretty good" strain with some lemon taste, and not much more.

Further comparisons will be coming as my c99 and haze finish soon.

H

haze89

I grew up on haze's and grew strictly haze for a good 2-3 years, and while I wouldn't say JTR is haze heavy, the pheno my boy has definitely has a really ill sativa buzz. Maybe he just got lucky with that one. I ended up not even trying his other phenos and this was the only one he kept so I'm assuming he saw something in it that he really liked that the others didn't have.

Jack_Baybeh

Jack_Baybeh

@ Monkey: No man I have not had the pleasure of trying Joseph Weed's Cindy. I would like to before I give up my search completely. Stays pretty well sold out most of the time it seems. I've heard nothing but good on Joey's selection for years now just never put forth a serious enough effort to obtain it.
On JTR: I'll say it again, (as I toke my JTR bubble hash) my JTR #2 fem is the NUTS. I've smoked "kind" herb since 1990. And alot of great local Kentucky homegrown before that. All matter of Sats and Sat dom hybrids, even a few pure landrace Sats. I know what a beautiful sativa high is all about and this girl does it for me, in 60 days! Maybe jack's cleaner is just average weed. Maybe I'm just a complete f'ck'n light weight. Whatever. Gimme more of this "pretty good" shit anyday.

H

HannaMan

I got JTR going on Day 17 right now. I've been smoking on her daily...Day time weed with a punch to the forehead?? I'd say so.

I got paranoid the first time I smoked her and I smoke multiple varieties multiple times daily...

Potent? I'd say so.

Illmind

Illmind

Leadplant i've smoked tons of haze, and JTR is at least 20% haze. And Jacks cleaner is a very dope clone just ask CBF. He did tons of work with it and there's a lot to be unlocked out of the JC line. The pheno I had was very hazey, and very pungent. Was like doing a line of coke only it lasted for 2-3 hours. And there's no downer to it. Loved it here's bigger shots of the last ones I threw down my bad.. Rez is a hater who never grew JC I remember the pics he tossed up of it and they were laughable but not in the JC grown horribly way but the some other BS cut ran horribly way. As rez is terrible at growing his shit and it always looks garbage. Let us not forget rez says the white is poop as well and not worth breeding with LOL. So far he's once again dead wrong the white is putting out some of the best seeds there damn near is. Rez is falling off and I'm just gonna sit back and laugh.. P.S. Rez couldn't get JC none of his dickriding lackeys had it at that time. While many others did they didn't care for rez so he never got a run and got mad and said "It's just a Jack Herer Pheno" blah blah blah like he always does to try to throw dirt on other breeders because he's wild insecure. Rant over pics JTR nug shots, very old shots and man I miss her, O ya and the only indica in JTR is from the daddys side aka SQ which is Rom x C99:
jtra81.jpg
jtr931.jpg

Lemonhoko

Lemonhoko

GBS Genetics
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO the JTR stands above every C99 F2 pheno I've ran from seed in the past couple of years. And the Mosca C99 BX that I harvested along side it. I had a pheno from original Bros. Grimm stock that was a killer and would stand toe to toe with JTR or most anything else. (That was back 2000-01) JACK BAYBEH, Did you look in joey 's f2 stock? Just interested..they are supposted to be close to the real deal as you can get! Nice to hear this about Subcool's work !! monkey5

Heres some of Joeys Weed f-2 Cinderella-99 about a week from harvest.
Dank is all I can say.

[IMG]http://i190.invalid.com/albums/z19/Lemonhoko/042.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i190.invalid.com/albums/z19/Lemonhoko/028.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i190.invalid.com/albums/z19/Lemonhoko/027.jpg[/IMG]

T

Tolpan

Well:rauch08:

Just smoking some JTR. Very gooooood:anim_19:

I'M running JTR for years and around my circles, she's no.1.
Perhaps we just were lucky and found a great pheno, so can't speak for others. But this one is just fucking great!

Good luck everyone!

Tolpan

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Love My JTR

Excellent weed, good almost anytime. It is some of the frostiest weed i've grown

mal

S

sharky

NICE Just got my jc2 yesterday cant wait to start them.I use subs soil mix also and really like the the way it works.

aleYarok

aleYarok

I'm not a fan of the way sub goes about his dealings with other people. He comes off as disrespectful to a lot of people in my eyes, so I haven't gotten sub gear in a while. This is some killer choke though, and I placed an order for 2 packs of the JTR as well as a pack of JC2, and a pack Deep Purple (Urkle BX).
then u havent met the man in person. he may seems like that on some forums but thats just because im sure hes tired of answering the same questions over and over again when you can find lots of info from him on the web already.

i met him at the medical cannabis cup and he was coolest dude there. after seeing how dank and frosty his chernobyl was i just had to take a picture of it, so he dumps out the whole jar on some brochures for me to photograph, then picks up a nug and hands it to me. (and gave me some insight on working with HT/submitting photos)

most recently at the int hemp expo i won a cut of JTR from him... she is growing out right now. he smoked me out with some of the most amazing red bubble from a13. got a nug of vortex to take home and sample. and he handed me a pack of his blackcherrysoda cross pink lady! also bought a pack of vortex and cheesequake. cant wait to grow his shit out.

Top Bottom