Jackberry F3 = Only 2 females out of 35 seeds

• Thread starter Kief Stoned
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kief Stoned

I got 2 females out of 35 seeds!!:sign0065: Anyone else have major issues with M/F ratios? Im so very very dissapointed and disgusted. I'm sure this is jsut a "fluke" and is not common with Sannies gear. It just sucks big time because I have NEVER gotten anywhere near this poor of a M/F ratio before and was really depending on this crop. Now I dont even want to flower out the 2 little plants because it wont even be worth the power bill for only 2 little plants..

:mad0233:

cannabeans

cannabeans

from what i understand...

i really cant "prove" this but, i have read that enviromental conditions will affect the sex of cannabis especially when growing indoors!

heres what i remember....

lighting- hps lamps will cause more males
temps- cooler temps will cause more males
nutrients- lower amounts of nitrogen will cause more males.

im not sure if any of these factors play a roll in your problem, just somethin to think about!

lbezphil2005

lbezphil2005

I got 2 females out of 35 seeds!!:sign0065: Anyone else have major issues with M/F ratios? Im so very very dissapointed and disgusted. I'm sure this is jsut a "fluke" and is not common with Sannies gear. It just sucks big time because I have NEVER gotten anywhere near this poor of a M/F ratio before and was really depending on this crop. Now I dont even want to flower out the 2 little plants because it wont even be worth the power bill for only 2 little plants..

:mad0233:

If I were you I'd start cloning! within 3 weeks you can have a nice little army to replace what you didn't get in the seed pack - sorry about the germ ratio, that really sucks, but I believe it has something to do with the environment they are in for that to happen - in nature a ratio like that would be detrimental to the survival of any species, so Im pretty sure the seeds didn't come that way - unless Sannie just happened to pick all the male tendancied ones and put them in your pack - another slim probability. Clone clone clone!

K

Kief Stoned

I would clone but I dont have a seperate veg room or lights for a seperate grow area at the moment. And I doubt it was enviromental factors because i'm growing them the same way and in the same place that I grew out my last run of Grapegod and Dynamite ( Next Gen seeds ) and out of 21 seedlings I got 15 females from those seeds ( Attitude seedbank ) .. So im pretty sure its not enviromental..

cannabeans

cannabeans

when i say environmental....

maybe the conditions were not spot on for the seed line you chose... im not really sure though. hope you can overcome your setback!!!!!!!

D

Donk Frog

you dont need a seprate veg area if you have nothing in the flower room,just veg take cuts keep stuff veggeing til cuts root keep one for a mom flower it all out..

K

Kief Stoned

The 2 plants are already in flower.. And they are not big enough to even clone really. They only have a few small branches..I'm hoping Sannie will help me out somehow. 2 fems out of 35 seeds is just plain horrible. I had such high hopes for this strain.. I will probably pull less than 2 OZ's for all of my trouble and cash layout. So basically im going to lose around $600.00 USD when its all said and done.. The money for the seeds,soil and light bill etc.. This is just plain sickening.

phenotyper

phenotyper

lighting- hps lamps will cause more males
temps- cooler temps will cause more males
nutrients- lower amounts of nitrogen will cause more males.

Quoted for emphasis and truth. I bet something changed in your environment and produced more males.

GET MO

GET MO

Supporter
why the hell would you put um in flower when they aint even big enough to clone, then complain bout only getting 2 ounces? sounds to me like your wasting your light and space. y not veg them another 2 weeks, take 15 cuts, then wait another 2 weeks and throw all the cuts in flower. so your a month behind, but you get 10duple the amount of return at harvest.... no brainer.

phenotyper

phenotyper

why the hell would you put um in flower when they aint even big enough to clone, then complain bout only getting 2 ounces? sounds to me like your wasting your light and space. y not veg them another 2 weeks, take 15 cuts, then wait another 2 weeks and throw all the cuts in flower. so your a month behind, but you get 10duple the amount of return at harvest.... no brainer.

Harsh but to the point. Wondering the same thing myself. I wouldn't even waste my time.

cannabeans

cannabeans

sexual maturity....

i was wondering how long the veg time on these plants were? did they even reach sexual maturity? there is a time in a seedlings life that is is ready to reproduce. this might have something to do with your problem too!

jawnroot

jawnroot

You shouldn't slam the guy for his misfortune, but by the same token we all realize going into regular seed that there's a small chance all of them will turn out male. Roll of the dice.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

This!

I dont know if Sannie will help you out considering you recieved the beans and all. honestly the probability of only 2 females is very small, I am tempted to go over my stats notes and give the exact probability but I am not that much of a dork. Shit like this is why I grow from clone, too many unknowns when growing from seed, let alone if you get some unstable genes and get a herm. Talk about loosing $600 is sickening, try having a rouge herm seed up 30k in high quality flowers! Buy seeds and make moms from tested stable genes imo. Also Sorry about your luck man!

B

Biggestpothead

Just got my seeds I ordered from sannies today, hoping for a better experience than yours. I got chocolate rain and the jackberry x ko kush freebie
expecting for serious dankness and pretty ladies

Misterdirt

Misterdirt

Sorry to hear of your problem, KS.

Sannie remedies many growers problems, but I don't know about M/F ratios.

Misterdirt

Misterdirt

After reading this thread, I got worried. I've been vegging 4 jackberry f3's for the last five weeks, and my preflowers are showing a 50/50 M/F ratio.

I have two definite males, with good preflower development. No doubt they're males. The other two show no preflowers at all, which usually means they are girls. I'll post again when I know for sure. I just flipped them a couple of hours ago.

Top Bottom